User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I do lots of cardio, and I never ever do weight training on my legs, because i'd really hate to have to wear those large and ugly pants. i'm an endo btw, like, for real. Most people just seem to use this body type as an excuse for being fat.

But i'm not crying about not being able to wear these super skinny jeans

That would just be incredibly lame, I mean, how do people even get their calves in there!
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    i run alot, mostly long distance. 10k is a walk in the part for me whenever i can be bothered to do it. i started because i wanted to slim down my legs so they were in proportion with the rest of my body. unfortunatley the extra muscle ive gained on my calves and thighs is bulky so even though ive lost a visible amount of leg fat, i still dont have skinny legs. i can see bitchin' runners legs coming through the softness, theyre just not very defined yet.
    to get slimmer legs, should i be doing a different exercise/sport or should i just keep going? perhaps im not stretching enough?
    im thinking i need to fix ym diet because there's alot of strong taught muscle underneith that im not getting credit for.
    i heard sprinting gives one very muscular legs (more so than stringy long distance runners) so i avoid except on the occasion im training to increase my running time.
    advice?
    It's probably your body type. Most long distance runners I know, are the skinniest/stringiest bastards ever. That includes the toothpick legs they use to win road races.

I used to run long distance as well. I never had skinny looking legs, but you could see all the lines between the muscles that came together to make my legs. It's just not in everyone's genes to have long/lean legs.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    But i'm not crying about not being able to wear these super skinny jeans

That would just be incredibly lame, I mean, how do people even get their calves in there!
    I once had what seemed to be a reasonable pair of pants. However, some time after I began working-out, I coud no longer pull them over my calves.

I suppose for people that go from fat to muscular, their clothes actually get too baggy, which is okay, because baggy clothes can still wearable and rather comfy. I, on the other hand, went from being skinny to being toned, so I lost many an article of clothing.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I suppose for people that go from fat to muscular, their clothes actually get too baggy, which is okay, because baggy clothes can still wearable and rather comfy. I, on the other hand, went from being skinny to being toned, so I lost many an article of clothing.
    But you probably looked better in your new clothes? Or (from what I remember from the reaction you got from some muscular pics) out of them

:edit: Okay that sounded wrong! wait, MP posted topless pics of himself showing off his physique and received a positive response! I'm just giving props where props are due!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

i run alot, mostly long distance. 10k is a walk in the part for me whenever i can be bothered to do it. i started because i wanted to slim down my legs so they were in proportion with the rest of my body. unfortunatley the extra muscle ive gained on my calves and thighs is bulky so even though ive lost a visible amount of leg fat, i still dont have skinny legs. i can see bitchin' runners legs coming through the softness, theyre just not very defined yet.
    to get slimmer legs, should i be doing a different exercise/sport or should i just keep going? perhaps im not stretching enough?
    im thinking i need to fix ym diet because there's alot of strong taught muscle underneith that im not getting credit for.
    i heard sprinting gives one very muscular legs (more so than stringy long distance runners) so i avoid except on the occasion im training to increase my running time.
    advice?
    My advice is to buy larger pants.

The only way I know of to shrink muscles is to allow them to atrophy. That would require a very sedentary lifestyle, one which will just add fat back to your body. I say buy new pants and be happy with your body.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    But you probably looked better in your new clothes? Or (from what I remember from the reaction you got from some muscular pics) out of them

:edit: Okay that sounded wrong! wait, MP posted topless pics of himself showing off his physique and received a positive response! I'm just giving props where props are due!
    I don't usually say this, but I think this post is worthy of...

LOL.

You have the lesbian defense, you know? You can just say that you don't mean it in a threatening or demeaning way, because you aren't into guys like that.

And yes, the overwhelming consensus is that I look better now.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

im fairly certain im a mesomorph body type. my bone structure is anything but fine, so that rules out ectomorph. plus, i think that body type is reserved for those tiny stick people we see miraculously walking around, those people that look like tall ten year olds. i doubt im enodmorph, my body is too rectangular, and even as a female, my shoulders are wider than my hips. last time someone commented on my frame, they said i was willowy. but im still not sure on how to indendify a slimmer endomorph. do they just have wide hips, short limbs and slow metabolisms? if im not meso im endo.
    does everyone who's overweight think they're endomorph?
    ive read on a websites specific training needs for each body type and im thinking about combing the one for mesomorphs with the endormorph one, just because some the fat stores on my legs are so stubborn... they're behaving like endomorphs!

after reading phoenity's post, i've put sprinting into my routine and i've noticed a big different in the feel of my legs, they're definatley got higher muscle density. very nice. im not sure about focusing on sprinting over long distance though, i don't want to get bigger. im putting increasing focus on sprinting anyhow, just to see what happens. it might end up being 35% sprint 65% long distance, or something like that.

what will using those weight machines for the innner thigh do to my thighs?

it's not quick but im definatley getting there, it'll be great when this monkey ive had on my back my whole life will be gone.

after reading phoenity's post, i've put sprinting into my routine and i've noticed a big different in the feel of my legs, they're definatley got higher muscle density. very nice. im not sure about focusing on sprinting over long distance though, i don't want to get bigger. im putting increasing focus on sprinting anyhow, just to see what happens. it might end up being 35% sprint 65% long distance, or something like that.

what will using those weight machines for the innner thigh do to my thighs?

it's not quick but im definatley getting there, it'll be great when this monkey ive had on my back my whole life will be gone.
    What is your goal?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Calves...

Quads...

I cannot buy pants off the rack. I must buy a $50-60 pair of pants and then pay $50-60 for a full tailored re-cut of the waist, crotch, seat, and legs.

It's not easy being a bodybuilder...

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Calves...

Quads...

I cannot buy pants off the rack. I must buy a $50-60 pair of pants and then pay $50-60 for a full tailored re-cut of the waist, crotch, seat, and legs.

It's not easy being a bodybuilder...
    DIE YOUR SKIN GREEN!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    What is your goal?

to loose body fat. what better way than running which burns fat from all over the body, worksout the legs, and is cardio exercise. i just queried the effects of particular workouts on the legs because i dont want bulkier legs. ive seen the bodies and legs of those stringy long distance runners and ive decided thats where i want to be (closer to). i know my body frame is probably bigger than most of those strigny people but i still have a bit of excess body weight that can be lost so there's so reason for me to give up exercising. my legs are my cheif concern as they store most of my body fat and are out of proportion. my body looks okay now, but it would look 100 times better if my legs were slimmer.
    i believe in a healthy diet just not dieting. a calorie defieciency isnt a lifestyle that can be maintained, an active one is.