• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is my hair falling out?

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I am glad you went to a physician. Alopecia areata is treatable and not all that uncommon.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
OK so..after i asked my boyfriend to look at my scalp when i woke up this morning, i was very surprised to find this:

Picture003-2-1.jpg

I called the nearest clinic right away. i had to wait about 3 hours before anyone could see me, which sucked.

After the doctor ruled out any genetic reasons he said it might be alopecia areata, but said he would run a full range of tests.

he said he would have my results by the end of the day and he'd have a nurse call me with them. i'll let you guys know what the nurse says.

Yeah, make sure they tell you exactly what's wrong, and that they do something. You just can't let your head stay like that.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah i was really freaked out when i saw that. i thought my bf was just playing around at first.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I am glad you went to the doctor. Hopefully it goes away soon. If you want tips on how to make your hair look temporarily fuller, I have those on hand, too!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Glad you saw the doc, Scanty. Could be solved with some ease with steroids. Sorry you're going through this though. :(

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I knew someone with Alopecia, which is why it came to mind when I initially saw this thread.

I remember hearing that in more than half the cases, the hair will regrow on its own within the year. It happened for the kid I knew, and she'd lost all of her hair; brows and lashes too. I don't know if your doc mentioned this, but I wouldn't recommend applying too many products to the hairless spots, in efforts to cover it.. it could irritate the follicles. The kid I knew had wanted to apply false lashes but it wasn't recommended. I imagine there are a lot of things you can do to conceal missing hair on the scalp without use of adhesives and such, though.

Again, best of luck, lady. <3

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Sorry to hear it babe. :hug: I'm glad its fixable though?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
The only time I lost hair in large amounts was at the beginning and after each pregnancy. Hormone changes do it.

Just sayin' ...

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i just got the test results.

Anemia was negative, my iron levels were near perfect.
Lupus was negative
Pregnancy was negative

THYROID TESTS:
My TSH level was at 3.9 suggesting my that i may have mild hypothyroidism.

But the doctor said my hair loss most resembles alopecia areata and that it most likely happened from stress possibly even a few months back. And that it will probably grow back untreated, but he said he would prescribe me a cream to rub on it.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Alopecia Areata means the doctor doesn't know.

Keep an eye on that and have some fun and rub the steroid cream on your bf palms................."hairy palms".

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
My friend had alopecia. He said that his other family members had it, and they used aloe vera extract from the actual aloe plant (for medicinal use) as an alternative, and hair grew back within a month or so?

Home Depot may supply you with some aloe plants. Look for the plump green looking ones, and youtube ways in which is safe to extract aloe.. I think that may also help..

G'Luck.

wastrd

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
When i take a shower and run my fingers through my hair, it comes out in big clumps. My hair is in pretty good condition, i just got all the dead ends cut off. I'm not sure why it's happening. It also happens when i brush my hair and sometimes when i wake up in the mornings there is a lot of long hair on my pillow. I wouldn't be very worried, but it's a lot of hair.

Has any female ever experienced this? if so can you tell me wtf is wrong with me? Thanks.

you're probably old, or dying.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
You've not had a baby recently, have you? About 4mo postpartum lots of women experience a hair shed due to changing hormone levels.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A former co-worker of mine had alopecia. She lost alot of hair within a year, but it grew back. She was otherwise healthy, spin instructor, good diet, etc. A little fun can't hurt, and don't fret over it too much.

Stress is THE killer as far as I'm concerned. I usually do a good job of keeping it at bay, but when it does sneak up on me, it whoops me in the arse and I go into a temporary tailspin, then I recover and am good for another 6 months or so.

Take care, and God bless!

:hug:

-Alex