User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 68

  1. #21
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    When i take a shower and run my fingers through my hair, it comes out in big clumps. My hair is in pretty good condition, i just got all the dead ends cut off. I'm not sure why it's happening. It also happens when i brush my hair and sometimes when i wake up in the mornings there is a lot of long hair on my pillow. I wouldn't be very worried, but it's a lot of hair.

    Has any female ever experienced this? if so can you tell me wtf is wrong with me? Thanks.
    Hi, honey, let me see if I can help. I've had problems with that since age 19 to varying degrees. In my case, it's autoimmune. Many women experience hair loss and it can be anything from hormones (like a thyroid problem) to food absorption problems (G.I. issues like IBS). After I got REALLY sick, my hair was coming out at a distressing rate, so I know how you feel. It's scary and upsetting.

    I'd like to suggest something I've had some success with. Biotin supplementation. It's B7, you can take high doses without toxicity, and it's inexpensive. It will at least slow the loss rate and encourage/accelerate new growth.

    Have you treated or colored your hair lately?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  2. #22

    Default

    I definitely recall that from beauty school days. Excessive chemical treatment can ravage your scalp, and needless to say your hair. If you haven't been doing dye jobs and the like, I'd suggest seeing a doctor. Finding an inexpensive one is the trick in your case. I don't have a suggestion beyond what the others said about a clinic.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  3. #23
    almost nekkid scantilyclad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Hi, honey, let me see if I can help. I've had problems with that since age 19 to varying degrees. In my case, it's autoimmune. Many women experience hair loss and it can be anything from hormones (like a thyroid problem) to food absorption problems (G.I. issues like IBS). After I got REALLY sick, my hair was coming out at a distressing rate, so I know how you feel. It's scary and upsetting.

    I'd like to suggest something I've had some success with. Biotin supplementation. It's B7, you can take high doses without toxicity, and it's inexpensive. It will at least slow the loss rate and encourage/accelerate new growth.

    Have you treated or colored your hair lately?

    I actually take Biotin everyday! It's part of my daily supplement regimen. I haven't color treated my hair recently,but i did about 3 months ago. I wonder if that really could be part of it.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

  4. #24
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I actually take Biotin everyday! It's part of my daily supplement regimen. I haven't color treated my hair recently,but i did about 3 months ago. I wonder if that really could be part of it.
    i doubt it. i am leaning towards thyroid issues. see if there is a way you can get to a dr.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  5. #25
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Have you checked WebMD?



  6. #26
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    How much biotin do you take, just out of curiosity?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  7. #27
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Did you start a pill form of birth control in the last 6 months?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  8. #28
    Senior Member JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    Is it possible you've been irradiated?

  9. #29
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    i doubt it. i am leaning towards thyroid issues. see if there is a way you can get to a dr.
    Yeah, I think so, too. And that could also contribute to your clinical depression.
    Something Witty

  10. #30
    almost nekkid scantilyclad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    How much biotin do you take, just out of curiosity?
    I take 1000 mcg once daily.

    Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    Did you start a pill form of birth control in the last 6 months?
    nope i haven't taken birth control in over 5 years.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-24-2014, 11:24 AM
  2. [Fi] Why is my response to other peoples crying to cry?
    By Cindy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 06:51 AM
  3. Why is my Se yoyo'ing. :D
    By Fluffywolf in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 09:54 AM
  4. Why is love not high up on my agenda?
    By Ezra in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 02:34 AM
  5. Lie about my type? Why not. (whatever's coming out celebration)
    By miss fortune in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 11:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO