User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    When i take a shower and run my fingers through my hair, it comes out in big clumps. My hair is in pretty good condition, i just got all the dead ends cut off. I'm not sure why it's happening. It also happens when i brush my hair and sometimes when i wake up in the mornings there is a lot of long hair on my pillow. I wouldn't be very worried, but it's a lot of hair.
    It sounds like you're going bald.

I've heard that sometimes that happens to women, though it's rarer.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Scanty I hope this is nothing serious. I found this article but I'd also recommend seeing a medical professional. Would a dermatologist be a good choice?

Not having insurance does suck. Maybe try an affordable clinic in your area (or at least one that would be willing to work with you financially)?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I would call the Dr.

Unless it's more than I'm thinking - I brushed my hair at a friends house when I had dark hair and she said the floor looked like a witch had been there - I wouldn't be concerned.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    When i take a shower and run my fingers through my hair, it comes out in big clumps. My hair is in pretty good condition, i just got all the dead ends cut off. I'm not sure why it's happening. It also happens when i brush my hair and sometimes when i wake up in the mornings there is a lot of long hair on my pillow. I wouldn't be very worried, but it's a lot of hair.

Has any female ever experienced this? if so can you tell me wtf is wrong with me? Thanks.
    When I was post-Africa-yet-undiagnosed sick, my hair was falling out for a long while. It was never in clumps, I would just have to pick up hairs everywhere I went. Every chair I leaned against was covered.

I had exceptionally thick hair though so you couldn't tell by looking at me, only the shed hair everywhere, and it wasn't a big deal because when I got healthier it stopped.

Mine was undiagnosed, but I also had many other hormonal problems (missed many periods, acne coming and going, moody as hell, etc.) so I suspect mine was sort of like when pregnant women lose hair after giving birth and hormones are recalibrating.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post

I had exceptionally thick hair though so you couldn't tell by looking at me, only the shed hair everywhere, and it wasn't a big deal because when I got healthier it stopped.

Mine was undiagnosed, but I also had many other hormonal problems (missed many periods, acne coming and going, moody as hell, etc.) so I suspect mine was sort of like when pregnant women lose hair after giving birth and hormones are recalibrating.
    i have a lot of missed periods too and i've always been moody as hell, so i'm not sure if i can contribute that to a hormonal problem but its possible.

i also have reasonably thick hair. I don't think i'm going bald, as Athenian suggested. I think i would lose my hair more slowly if i was going bald for life. i'm losing it dramatically, but i don't have any bald spots or anything yet.

Also i'm pretty healthy. I take a multi vitamin, i eat very well low calories and low fat balanced meals, i exercise pretty regularly. I'm overweight, but i have good cholesterol, perfect blood pressure and no other medical issues, other than clinical depression.

I'm going to try to find a clinic that won't make me pay a ridiculous amount up front, but from past experience i know this is difficult to find.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTP

i had a hair problem about 7 years ago (my early 20s) where it just started falling out really quickly. turns out i had a weird bacterial infection on my scalp. the hairloss clinic i went to diagnosed it and treated it for a reasonable fee.

i went through some of that red laser hair stimulation therapy and my hair recovered nicely.

anyways, wherever you go make sure they run some tests on your hair, your scalp and maybe blood before they suggest any treatment (like a few of the other clinics i've seen).
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

MBTI
    infp

Have you looked into food intolerances?

Sometimes inspite of eating healthy you can apparantly build up an intolerance to certain products.

There is also candida which can cause hair loss and is more often undiagnosed, which would involve going on a candida diet.

I doubt you are going bald, but something like candida if left untreated can cause more permanent hair loss, so the hair falls out but doesn't regrow like normal childbirth or stress related hair loss.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

We all lose hair on a daily basis, but I'm sure you know that.. it must be an alarming amount then..

It could be a condition known as Alopecia Areata.

It could also be some sort of bacterial infection of the skin, affecting hair follicles predominantly.. it's amazing how much bacteria we carry on our skin naturally - and how much we can simply 'pick up' day-to-day, no matter how sanitary our habits.
    I'd be more concerned about the bacterial infection than the skin disorder, actually. Left untreated, certain infections that don't seem like a huge deal can prove potentially quite hazardous to your overall health.. health of all things should take priority over monetary cost, but hey.. that's the idealist in me talking...

Either way, if you aren't taking a complete multivitamin presently, I'd recommend doing so. Or at the very least take some vitamin A, E, and C supplements.. they're essential for healthy skin/hair/nails. Vitamin A especially.

Good luck.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    YaYa

unstable menstruation..........hair falling out..............Thyroid problem?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    unstable menstruation..........hair falling out..............Thyroid problem?
    could be. I had an overactive thyroid when i was younger, but i'd probably have hypothyroidism now.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.