User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Lack of body fat in addition to tons of working out. Vascularity is from working out, correct?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Lack of body fat in addition to tons of working out. Vascularity is from working out, correct?
    Hmmm maybe this is when I feel too hot?

I should experiment for TypeC.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Hmmm maybe this is when I feel too hot?

I should experiment for TypeC.
    Well. Larger veins are probably from strenuous physical activity. Extended periods of pushing large weights or holding large weights. As for SJP, she's just old. You can tell the age of a woman by looking at her hands. As Shakira might say, the hands don't lie.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Madonna's pretty old(ish) too.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

It's low body fat, coupled with heavy usage of stimulants (likely amphetamines for Madonna, not sure about the others). Jolie's veins don't look unhealthy, it seems to be more a matter of warm place + pressure due to clothing.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Is anyone else reminded of Iggy Pop/Gollum?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTx

Low bf% has most to do with it. If you don't have much covering the things, you're gonna see 'em. Just look at those photos... They have virtually no meat on their bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Well. Larger veins are probably from strenuous physical activity. Extended periods of pushing large weights or holding large weights. As for SJP, she's just old. You can tell the age of a woman by looking at her hands. As Shakira might say, the hands don't lie.
    SJP is pretty pumped too. Just couldn't find a good pic illustrating the point. Here:

I agree with Beat on the low body fat. I'm thinking it is a combination of those first few possibilities I posed. These women all have these things in common: age, personal body trainers, tough fitness routines (I'd imagine), and they are very slim.

This seems to have become a Hollywood and even upper-class trend among women to be super slim + pumped. Why do these women have to keep upping the ante? Do you guys (men or women) find this look attractive? Right now I'm just shooting to be trimmer and healthier... not pumped. But I have noticed this time around at the gym (as opposed to five years ago when I used to go regularly as well) that I see more women looking ripped. Even my step-mother who is a personal trainer, nutritionist, and gym manager notices more women trying to get "cut." What gives?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

violaine

Hmm, I like when women are fit and their veins are showing. Barring drug use, it's a mark of fitness to me. I have some veins that pop a little when I am running and I love seeing them. It can also show up in hot weather. It's definitely that these women don't have much body fat and that they work out a lot. They could also be predisposed to this.

Scientific American has a detailed explanation as to why it occurs.

(Also, SJP is not THAT old. Not that I particularly like her. No one seems to say that or even think it about Anderson Cooper or the men around her age. Pfft!)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    This seems to have become a Hollywood and even upper-class trend among women to be super slim + pumped. Why do these women have to keep upping the ante? Do you guys (men or women) find this look attractive? Right now I'm just shooting to be trimmer and healthier... not pumped. But I have noticed this time around at the gym (as opposed to five years ago when I used to go regularly as well) that I see more women looking ripped. Even my step-mother who is a personal trainer, nutritionist, and gym manager notices more women trying to get "cut." What gives?
    I don't find it attractive, they look like noodle-armed men and they aren't so much pumped as they are obnoxiously thin. Women seem very competitive about appearance and I would imagine they are just copying each other because no men I know like that look. Healthy and curvy 4-life.