User Tag List

First 123 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I know a guy who wears those all the time.

He also photographs everything he eats and drinks.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I know a guy who wears those all the time.

He also photographs everything he eats and drinks.
    That must be interesting. For him

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

that's actually pretty neat, I see the rationale a little better now...the version shown at the link looks a lot less ridiculous than the pictures here. I like the idea of those practically barefoot shoes they have now and these seem to have a similar idea, although implemented in a radically different way. interesting though.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    YaYa

Any technological invention to improve fitness seems futile.

The tarahumara have it right:

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Ware the ankles on those rocking shoes. You're probably also putting more weight onto your heels on impact as you walk. Not sure how they'll help joints at all.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

The Skechers Shape Ups come in loads of other styles! There are loads of sneakers in different colours, mary-jane style shoes and they come in styles for men! Soon theres going to be some winter boots launched which i cant wait for! Skechers Shape Ups beat MBT anyday! Check out my full review here: Love Those Shoes : What's New?: Skechers Shape Ups Vs MBT: Round 2… The Science Bit

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I"m old and mostly wear comfortable shoes. I used to be a shoe fanatic but now it's mostly trainers or my dansko's.

these are the originals.
    From my understanding skecher shape ups are good for walking and overall toning of your legs etc. MBT shoes are better for medical type purposes, but this is just what i've read. I do know there are a lot of people out there who complain after buying the shape ups that they are sore and hurt. This is usually due to wearing them too long after you first get them. I think you just need to ease your way into wearing these shoes since they're doing so much at first and youre using muscles you probably haven't used for a while.
    Some shoes im interested in learning more about
    Skecher Shape Ups | Womens Earth Shoes

MBTI
    INTJ
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by blong72 View Post
    From my understanding skecher shape ups are good for walking and overall toning of your legs etc. MBT shoes are better for medical type purposes, but this is just what i've read. I do know there are a lot of people out there who complain after buying the shape ups that they are sore and hurt. This is usually due to wearing them too long after you first get them. I think you just need to ease your way into wearing these shoes since they're doing so much at first and you're using muscles you probably haven't used for a while.
    the shape-ups killed my ankles and feet (no support/poorly made) so i bought the MBT's and work out with them everyday at the gym. they're awesome and imo worth every penny! my friend loves her shape-ups but she has never had any foot injuries so they don't bother her. Another friend has the MBT's and loves them! Like me, she figured why buy a copy when the original is so much better!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    the shape-ups killed my ankles and feet (no support/poorly made) so i bought the MBT's and work out with them everyday at the gym. they're awesome and imo worth every penny! my friend loves her shape-ups but she has never had any foot injuries so they don't bother her. Another friend has the MBT's and loves them! Like me, she figured why buy a copy when the original is so much better!
    I bought easytones from Reebok. I think they are nice enough shoes but they bother my feet (and I wear heels and platforms like crazy) after 10 - 11 hours of wear- I did have a foot injury last year and I think that much wear agrivated it. So 6 - 7 hours of wear just walking is fine, but not anything else for those. I cringed when looking at shape ups. Some people I work with swear by them though.
    I think I saw MBTs in a catalog once. Great Review
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.