User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 23

  1. #11
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    I know a guy who wears those all the time.


    He also photographs everything he eats and drinks.

  2. #12
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I know a guy who wears those all the time.


    He also photographs everything he eats and drinks.
    That must be interesting. For him

  3. #13
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    that's actually pretty neat, I see the rationale a little better now...the version shown at the link looks a lot less ridiculous than the pictures here. I like the idea of those practically barefoot shoes they have now and these seem to have a similar idea, although implemented in a radically different way. interesting though.
    -end of thread-

  4. #14
    Senior Member avolkiteshvara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    YaYa
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Any technological invention to improve fitness seems futile.

    The tarahumara have it right:

  5. #15
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Ware the ankles on those rocking shoes. You're probably also putting more weight onto your heels on impact as you walk. Not sure how they'll help joints at all.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    The Skechers Shape Ups come in loads of other styles! There are loads of sneakers in different colours, mary-jane style shoes and they come in styles for men! Soon theres going to be some winter boots launched which i cant wait for! Skechers Shape Ups beat MBT anyday! Check out my full review here: Love Those Shoes : What's New?: Skechers Shape Ups Vs MBT: Round 2… The Science Bit

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I"m old and mostly wear comfortable shoes. I used to be a shoe fanatic but now it's mostly trainers or my dansko's.

    these are the originals.
    From my understanding skecher shape ups are good for walking and overall toning of your legs etc. MBT shoes are better for medical type purposes, but this is just what i've read. I do know there are a lot of people out there who complain after buying the shape ups that they are sore and hurt. This is usually due to wearing them too long after you first get them. I think you just need to ease your way into wearing these shoes since they're doing so much at first and youre using muscles you probably haven't used for a while.
    Some shoes im interested in learning more about
    Skecher Shape Ups | Womens Earth Shoes

  8. #18
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  9. #19
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blong72 View Post
    From my understanding skecher shape ups are good for walking and overall toning of your legs etc. MBT shoes are better for medical type purposes, but this is just what i've read. I do know there are a lot of people out there who complain after buying the shape ups that they are sore and hurt. This is usually due to wearing them too long after you first get them. I think you just need to ease your way into wearing these shoes since they're doing so much at first and you're using muscles you probably haven't used for a while.
    the shape-ups killed my ankles and feet (no support/poorly made) so i bought the MBT's and work out with them everyday at the gym. they're awesome and imo worth every penny! my friend loves her shape-ups but she has never had any foot injuries so they don't bother her. Another friend has the MBT's and loves them! Like me, she figured why buy a copy when the original is so much better!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  10. #20
    Cat Wench ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    the shape-ups killed my ankles and feet (no support/poorly made) so i bought the MBT's and work out with them everyday at the gym. they're awesome and imo worth every penny! my friend loves her shape-ups but she has never had any foot injuries so they don't bother her. Another friend has the MBT's and loves them! Like me, she figured why buy a copy when the original is so much better!
    I bought easytones from Reebok. I think they are nice enough shoes but they bother my feet (and I wear heels and platforms like crazy) after 10 - 11 hours of wear- I did have a foot injury last year and I think that much wear agrivated it. So 6 - 7 hours of wear just walking is fine, but not anything else for those. I cringed when looking at shape ups. Some people I work with swear by them though.
    I think I saw MBTs in a catalog once. Great Review
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Similar Threads

  1. Quotes to Motivate You to *Get To Work*
    By Usehername in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-21-2014, 12:36 PM
  2. Colorful Sayings/Quotes
    By ladypinkington in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 06:28 PM
  3. Words of Wisdom, Inspiring Quotes, etc
    By rivercrow in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 06:39 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Quote on Intution
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO