• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pain something-or-other

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
So yesterday I got this weird twinge in my neck. It got worse and spread up to my temple that day but then got better at night. I thought it'd go away by morning but as it turned out it got a lot worse. I woke up at about 3 AM and it was painful enough laying down with it that I went and searched out some ibuprofen before going back to bed. That morning, it was still there but a bit better, so I took some more ibuprofen to make sure it didn't come back during finals.

Right now it seems to have settled at my temple but it doesn't really hurt so much.

Could this have anything to do with my teeth? :huh:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I think it'd probably either be something with your jaw, or your brain. Check to make sure your eye looks okay in the mirror. Abnormalities may indicate pressure or something like that in the brain. But it could be you jaw also. Do you have a toothache or something? I'm no medical professional though, I just like watching Mystery Diagnosis. :tongue:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I think it'd probably either be something with your jaw, or your brain. Check to make sure your eye looks okay in the mirror. Abnormalities may indicate pressure or something like that in the brain. But it could be you jaw also. Do you have a toothache or something? I'm no medical professional though, I just like watching Mystery Diagnosis. :tongue:

Teeth are no worse than usual, sort of eh. If I were to go just by my teeth I'd guess that I just had the usual surface cavities that I get.

I was just wondering if this could be related.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I suppose it could be. Been avoiding the dentist lately? ;)

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
That sounds like a pretty distinctive series of events. I bet a doctor or even a nurse could make a guess, but not being a medical person myself I wouldn't even try.

What I do know is that pains are sometimes caused by things that seem entirely non-related. My father was very physically active both on and off the job and he would suffer all sorts of minor injuries constantly for it. Occasionally the cause would be really strange, like bruising your heel which pinched a nerve which caused an ache in your upper back in addition to the sore heel. So who knows. :huh:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Perhaps somebody who has had tooth problems could give input, or something? I dunno.

Atomic Fiend

I would advise that you take the obvious route and go see a doctor. Ask for X-rays or some sort of scan to be done on your neck and head. You may be misaligned.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I would advise that you take the obvious route and go see a doctor. Ask for X-rays or some sort of scan to be done on your neck and head. You may be misaligned.

Call me foolishly unconcerned, but I don't really care if it's not about my teeth.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I get my neck screwed up all the time. The nerves get pinched and I feel it in the radial nerve in my arm (also the neck, of course). Not the same as yours, obviously. I go to a Chiro about every three weeks to get my skeleton tweaked. As many of the others have said, go get an x-ray. That temple pain thing sounds a little freaky.