User Tag List

First 678

Results 71 to 79 of 79

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    Apparantly the Japanese's reason to wear bras is not the boob thing
    Where exactly did you see that in the article? Liking the tight feeling does not mean that they don't have boobs.

  2. #72
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Apparently even tea tree and lavender oils in personal care products can give boys boobies.

    Lavender and Tea Tree Oils May Cause Breast Growth in Boys, January 31, 2007 News Release - National Institutes of Health (NIH)
    Wow, I would never have imagined. And they put that in so many products now.

  3. #73

    Default

    For the record, I've been living in Japan 10 years and haven't seen a guy in a bra yet.

    I'm guessing it's a result of obesity. If it is caused by obesity the condition can remain even after losing weight.

  4. #74
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    For the record, I've been living in Japan 10 years and haven't seen a guy in a bra yet.

    I'm guessing it's a result of obesity. If it is caused by obesity the condition can remain even after losing weight.
    Ouch!

    Due to the stretched skin, Wolfy?

    A friend of mine has a rare condition, called something like "Ellen Dandler's Syndrome", which is a sever deficiency of collagen in her skin. She was overweight in high school/early college but took it all off. Her skin remained stretched and loos for sometime, prompting her to go to her MD, and later be tested and diagnosed with the condition above. She can have the skin surgically removed. She has (subconsciously) just put a little of the weight back on and evened it out some.

    Would weight training help this type of situation, Wolfy?

  5. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Ouch!

    Due to the stretched skin, Wolfy?

    A friend of mine has a rare condition, called something like "Ellen Dandler's Syndrome", which is a sever deficiency of collagen in her skin. She was overweight in high school/early college but took it all off. Her skin remained stretched and loos for sometime, prompting her to go to her MD, and later be tested and diagnosed with the condition above. She can have the skin surgically removed. She has (subconsciously) just put a little of the weight back on and evened it out some.

    Would weight training help this type of situation, Wolfy?
    I don't know that much about it. I was reading a little on wikipedia here

    but for the large majority of boys whose pubescent gynecomastia is not due to obesity, the breast development shrinks or disappears within a couple of years
    It doesn't sound like it's a loose skin problem. Maybe they have thrown their hormone balance out of whack.
    Weight training wouldn't hurt though. Cure for all the worlds evils I'd say.

  6. #76
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    I would hate to have that disease named after me.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I would hate to have that disease named after me.
    You know I think it would kind of suck to have any disease named after me. I would be forever associated with some kind of pathology (not that I'm not already, it just doesn't have a name that I'm aware of).

  8. #78
    you are right mippus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Where exactly did you see that in the article? Liking the tight feeling does not mean that they don't have boobs.
    Hm, I somehow deducted it from the way the bra looked. I'd expect a man's bra to look more masculine (but I have no real idea of what I imagine it looks like).
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

  9. #79
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    You know I think it would kind of suck to have any disease named after me. I would be forever associated with some kind of pathology (not that I'm not already, it just doesn't have a name that I'm aware of).
    Well yes, that is a good point. But if it's a really bad ass disease, I wouldn't mind so much. Like an 'unbreakable bone' disease. Or 'every 30 seconds another female orgasm' disease. Or 'never get gross and sweaty' disease.

Similar Threads

  1. What's up with the obsession with feminism?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 10-19-2017, 05:05 AM
  2. What's up with Hollywood and the name Jack?
    By TiNe_2_IP in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 10:58 PM
  3. Sociology - What is wrong with the profession of sociology?
    By cutie_me01 in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 12:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO