Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Mmmmmmmh.

*looks down* ... *touches manboobs* ... *flexes chest*

Only when I'm not flexing.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    NICE

This thread reminds me of a story my old friend Greg told me once.

His friend, Geoff, knew a guy called Carl. Carl's ex-girlfriend, Helen, had went out with a bloke called Steve way back in Oxford in the early 90s.

Steve had got hidiously drunk and got his pecker trapped in his flies.

When he went to the local physician he requested the fellow to "take away the pain, but leave the swelling".

Sounds like bullshit.

Now you must retell this story, "bananatrombones knew this guy called Greg, whose friend Geoff..."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I've seen moobs on otherwise non-fat guys, too. It's disturbing how complacent we are about hormones in food. Hormones affect behavior, so I wonder what if any psychological effect the hormones will have on boys and young men. Is feminization a strictly cultural phenomenon? lol
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Evolution.

We're balancing out the feministic movement. Before you know it. We'll be the ones breastfeeding our children.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

balancing how? by becoming women? holy hell.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    ENFJ

If this is true, then how did I end up with so much testosterone in my system? Dx

Are men and women switching?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

heart on fire

Maybe it's something to do with this, if a guy's liver isn't all that, he would have a more difficult time metabolizing the estrogen, correct? That's why beer drinkers and older men get breasts. Surely this does not help.:

Breast Cancer and The Estrogen Connection

Certain types of plastics can leach estrogen mimicking chemicals into beverage bottles and food containers...

Learn More About Plastics - Bisphenol A (BPA)
    By Suzanne M. Snedeker, PhD
    Bisphenol A is an industrial chemical produced in high quantities worldwide. It is primarily used to manufacture polycarbonate plastics and epoxy coatings (e.g. lining of metal food cans). Exposure to low levels of bisphenol A appears to be widespread in the U.S. population. The most likely sources of exposure are from ingesting canned foods and the use of polycarbonate bottles that are worn or whose contents has been heated, causing the leaching of low levels of bisphenol A. Bisphenol A is an environmental estrogen. (more at link)

They mention heating, but I read once where someone said don't freeze the bottles either.

heart on fire

'Gender-bending' fear over plastic drinks bottles | Mail Online

'Gender-bending' fear over plastic drinks bottles

By Jenny Hope

Last updated at 2:00 AM on 22nd May 2009

Drink from plastic bottles can raise the body’s levels of a controversial ‘gender-bending’ chemical by more than two thirds, according to tests.

Experts have been concerned about the possible health effects of bisphenol A (BPA) - an everyday chemical used in many plastic food and drink containers and tins as well as clear baby bottles - which is officially classified as toxic in some countries.

A study found that participants who drank for a week from polycarbonate bottles showed a 69 per cent increase in their

Researchers did not say how much liquid was drunk per day.

Researchers from Harvard School of Public Health studied 77 students, who had first undergone a seven-day ‘washout’ phase in which they drank all cold beverages from stainless steel bottles in order to minimise BPA exposure.

They were then given two polycarbonate bottles and asked to drink all cold beverages from them during the next week.

Previous studies have suggested that high levels of BPA consumption are linked to birth defects, growth problems and an increased risk of heart disease and diabetes.

In particular there are fears that heating the bottles, as parents would do when warming their baby’s milk, causes the chemical to leak in potentially dangerous quantities into the liquid contained within.

The senior author of the latest study, Karin B. Michels, associate professor of epidemiology at HSPH and Harvard Medical School, said: ‘We found that drinking cold liquids from polycarbonate bottles for just one week increased urinary BPA levels by more than two-thirds.

‘If you heat those bottles, as is the case with baby bottles, we would expect the levels to be considerably higher...

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I really have no idea what you are talking about. Is it a US thing? Do you have a pic?
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    I really have no idea what you are talking about. Is it a US thing? Do you have a pic?
    Definitely not a U.S. thing. Happens all over the world.