User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Okay, let me be more specific. What I mean is that after working a twelve-hour day - when I should be sleepy - I can fall asleep, but I either dream in a crazy way and keep waking up OR I wake up at like four a.m.

On the other hand, this has only been going on for a week or so, so maybe it is just a phase.

Strangely enough, I can sleep brilliantly on the weekend. So I think it's a stress thing. Can anyone relate?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Okay, let me be more specific. What I mean is that after working a twelve-hour day - when I should be sleepy - I can fall asleep, but I either dream in a crazy way and keep waking up OR I wake up at like four a.m.

On the other hand, this has only been going on for a week or so, so maybe it is just a phase.

Strangely enough, I can sleep brilliantly on the weekend. So I think it's a stress thing. Can anyone relate?
    Is it a problem for you to dream in a crazy way? And is it a problem to keep on waking up? Or is it a problem to wake at four a.m.?

How are these things a problem for you?

Or is it that you don't like the way you feel?

Can anyone relate?
    I think this is the most interesting part of your post.

It may be you don't want to talk so much about insomnia rather you want to relate - you want someone to relate to.

This maybe your best way of forming a relationship - by talking about something else - putting the watchdog of the mind to sleep by misdirection - so that you can form a relationship surreptitiously.

Men compete with each other for money and power while women compete with each other for relationships.

So for both men and women deception is a good competitive strategy because deception works. And in this case, it is deception by misdirection.

Hey, you had me looking in the wrong place.

But although deception is a good competitive strategy, it comes at a price. And the price is trust.

MBTI
    INXP

I started sleeping when I removed myself from society.

There's a faint whiff of the The Periwig-Maker about my life. I am dead to the world, whatever I do.

I'd rather have cancer than be a full on insomniac.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    yupp

When I'm stressed is when I often can't sleep, also if i have a headache I can not sleep either till it goes away.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I think this is the most interesting part of your post.

It may be you don't want to talk so much about insomnia rather you want to relate - you want someone to relate to.

This maybe your best way of forming a relationship - by talking about something else - putting the watchdog of the mind to sleep by misdirection - so that you can form a relationship surreptitiously.

Men compete with each other for money and power while women compete with each other for relationships.

So for both men and women deception is a good competitive strategy because deception works. And in this case, it is deception by misdirection.

Hey, you had me looking in the wrong place.

But although deception is a good competitive strategy, it comes at a price. And the price is trust.
    What was deceptive in my post? I talked about a problem, asked if anyone could relate in order to find a solution.

Perhaps I used the wrong word...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

What was deceptive in my post? I talked about a problem, asked if anyone could relate in order to find a solution.

Your (original) post sounded perfectly fine to me. Not sure what Victor was going on about.

----

I can't relate too well (I usually sleep like a dead rock, although sometimes I do wake up in the middle of the night, which can be very annoying) but I have a friend (also enfp, coincidentally) who has frequent insomnia. I believe it's usually stress-related for her, and/or physiological (illness or discomfort). The worst insomnia happens at certain times of the year which "trigger" past (bad) memories in her. I believe she's become more skilled with managing those situations but it's often a source of distress for her.

I'm shocked - you just talked about a problem, asked if anyone could relate in order to find a solution - simple, straightforward - how could anyone think otherwise?

How could anyone think you were deceptive - perhaps you just used the wrong word.

Wow!

You are just a simple, straightforward person - a person evolution has taken billions of years to fit for just for this moment.

Evolution has fitted us to lie from a very early age - in fact the moment a small child discovers they can lie, they are entering into their humanity.

Almost all animals practise deception, from camophlage to elaborate strategies of misdirection and everything in between. And so do we.

Deception works but it has a price, like everything else, and the price is self deception. The easiest way to deceive others is to deceive oneself first.

So you might say that deception is propaganda - and the only sin you can commit in propaganda is to believe your own propaganda. But we all do.

Deception and self deception are part of the human condition.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Little Linguist - Victor isn't attacking you.

Interpret what he's saying.
    Reading isn't enough.

Enneagram
    1w2

Merged insomnia threads.