User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

OP'er

Do you have bruxism? You should check and see if you have marks that indicate you are grinding your teeth at night.

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Have you tried becoming bi-phasic (a long nap plus a shorted deep sleep split into different times)?

You could shift you nap-time, and you sleep time both (esp. if you split 5-slppe, 3-Nap), then flip which one is you nap, and which on is your sleep when you are about shift so that normal working day is gone.

It's good in theory, I think.
    Really good in theory
    The thing is, I cannot sleep at all during the day. Whenever I try, I just stay on the bed without sleeping and thus becoming more and more nervous.

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    I am seeking a cure that doesn't require a trip to the doctor.

Incidentally, small people shouldn't take Milk of Magnesia in its largest dose in the hope of "speeding things up." I'm presently making my usual kitchen-bathroom-computer circuit frequently enough to qualify as circuit training. But at least I'm getting some exercise.
    Don't drink caffine at all. Many soda's etc contain caffine esp Coke! (Its way more powerful than about 5 coffees).

Make sure you deal with all your issues (bills etc) in the morning so you don't think about everything when you are going to sleep.

Exercise lots, that gets you tired.

Keep regular sleep time patterns then your body will get into sync.

Don't oversleep. Only go to bed when you actually feel tired.

Thats all I can think about at the moment.... my issue is more about not getting enough sleep!

MBTI

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    Don't drink caffine at all. Many soda's etc contain caffine esp Coke! (Its way more powerful than about 5 coffees).

Make sure you deal with all your issues (bills etc) in the morning so you don't think about everything when you are going to sleep.

Exercise lots, that gets you tired.

Keep regular sleep time patterns then your body will get into sync.

Don't oversleep. Only go to bed when you actually feel tired.

Thats all I can think about at the moment.... my issue is more about not getting enough sleep!
    not to be quarrelsome, but you really do just say things without knowing, don't you?
    innit?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by MadamI'madaM View Post
    not to be quarrelsome, but you really do just say things without knowing, don't you?
    Maybe they make the coffee really weak or the Coke really strong England?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I don't think I've ever been caffeine-high off soda before... OTOH 1 coffee has me wired neurotic, with indigestion to boot!

MBTI
    XNTX

Hmm... You seem to have the usual negative answer to everything.

If you know the scientific basis then state it. That’s the problem, ready to argue against but ready to provide nothing.

Using a rough popular science approach, I get kept awake by one can of diet coke consumed after 7pm yet three cups of coffee has no effect on my sleep patterns.

Looking at the evidence (As you didn't provide any) it seems that on a volume basis coffee and coke are about the same caffeine wise.

Just maybe then, it’s not the Caffeine.. Maybe it’s the E150d, E211, Phenylalanine or more probably the sweeteners as I don't take sugar with coffee/tea. Hence, I'll change my assertion; don't drink soda, its full of "E numbers and sweeteners that will keep you awake"

I guess you're about to tell the world how your drink is the fountain of all youth and will save the world? Incidentally, there's a growing movement to regulate these so called (usually energy) drinks as they are having a provable hyperactivity effect on children.

...If you know the scientific basis then state it. That’s the problem, ready to argue against but ready to provide nothing...
    By: National Soft Drink Association, US Food and Drug Administration, Bunker and McWilliams, Pepsi, Slim-Fast

How Much Caffeine in Drinks -- Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks -- Caffeine Content

But actually I agree with you. The preservatives (the Es) and the sugars added in coca cola, etc., increase the metabolism quickly and they add to the insomnia

MBTI
    XNTX

Actually, looking at your avatar...

Your product states that it is a "fat incinerator"

Just under what scientific basis has this been proved?

REALLY, you do just advertise things without knowing them, don't you.

As lastrailway (correctly) pointed out, E numbers increase the metabolism so you probably will say this is the so called "fat incinerator".. however, under that basis perhaps Smoking should be advertised as a weight loss product as well.

MBTI

Actually, looking at your avatar...

Your product states that it is a "fat incinerator"

Just under what scientific basis has this been proved?

REALLY, you do just advertise things without knowing them, don't you.

As lastrailway (correctly) pointed out, E numbers increase the metabolism so you probably will say this is the so called "fat incinerator".. however, under that basis perhaps Smoking should be advertised as a weight loss product as well.
    I don't give a fuck about my avatar

redline is just something i drink for a cheap high

you actually typed something glaringly inaccurate

EDIT: you must drink dark roast coffee, because most of the caffeine gets cooked out

besides, you didn't say anything about findings in that post, just claimed that coca cola contains five times as many mg caffeine as coffee

completely untrue
    Last edited by MadamI'madaM; 09-14-2007 at 04:03 PM.
    innit?