Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Popcorn fumes dangerous...

Apparently, the smell of buttery popcorn from the microwave can cause lung disease. Read the article here.

Now I'm particularly a fan of popcorn, but I'm not going to abstain from the things I enjoy just because some quack said it's going to kill me.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Now I'm particularly a fan of popcorn, but I'm not going to abstain from the things I enjoy just because some quack said it's going to kill me.
    If your quack is wrong, you can just put it on his bill.

Quick -- duck!

Sigh. I'm bored.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I'm glad I don't eat popcorn. It always seemed so superfluous and unsubstantial. Now I know that my hunch was correct, and popcorn isn't good for you. (What else would you expect from an old, dried-out corn kernel? Yuck!) When I eat snacks, I prefer something more substantial like chips.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Well, I'm glad I don't eat popcorn. It always seemed so superfluous and unsubstantial. Now I know that my hunch was correct, and popcorn isn't good for you. (What else would you expect from an old, dried-out corn kernel? Yuck!) When I eat snacks, I prefer something more substantial like chips.
    Actually, in term of dietary fiber and a lack of man-made chemicals and such, the Light variations of popcorn are probably one of the healthier snacks, and it fills you up. (But then again, most snacks really are awful in nutritional content.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm not sure this has anything to do with popcorn really... and everything to do with using strong chemicals for flavoring. Plenty of versions of this, from the "light", like the sugary syrups you get in pop/etc all the way to the hard core food coloring stuff.

I mean, the only reason this is notable is because it was the first time ever that a consumer was affected (you know, having thousand and thousands of these bags of popcorn isn't normal...). This suggests that smaller doses could cause an effect, but that isn't known at this point (he could of been sensitive, he seriously ODed on these making the concentration unusual - who knows what other factors might be involved).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You know, every moment you're alive is one step closer to the moment you die. Actually, being born brings you closer to death...so obviously being alive is dangerous business . :rolli:

Anyway... No one can keep me from my delicious popcorn fumes!

Mmm, artificial butter flavouring goodness.

Mamma said knock you out Array Mempy's Avatar

Actually, in term of dietary fiber and a lack of man-made chemicals and such, the Light variations of popcorn are probably one of the healthier snacks
    That's what I always thought. At least it isn't deep-fried.

I saw this article on yahoo but didn't read it. I don't want to because I think it may make me scared to eat popcorn. I love popcorn. I even lick the bag sometimes.

I'm with Kyrielle. *goes to make a bag for her and Kyrielle to share*

Viva la popcorn!

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    You know, every moment you're alive is one step closer to the moment you die. Actually, being born brings you closer to death...so obviously being alive is dangerous business .
    This is why I posted this thread, too.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I saw that after I posted. Made me chuckle.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

=__= Oh my god...I can't believe you even posted this. This is like one of the stories my grandpa always prints off the internet for me to read...like all this stuff about artificial stuff and soft drinks that I already know..ugh..
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D