User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Running Sprints

MBTI
    INTP

Default Running Sprints

I was watching some kids race each other the other day, and it looked pretty fun to do. I couldn't remember the last time I had run an all out sprint, so later on I tried it. Fun! It felt liberating to push my body to the limit, felt like an outlet for some of the aggression in me.

Yesterday I sprinted up a huge hill two times, and found out that the pain isn't in the sprint itself but the recovery. I didn't make it all the way up the hill, because after a while of giving 100 percent energy the body just can't go any more. I stopped running, and 5 seconds later, wow... had to fight to remain conscious. While it was rather unpleasant... I felt very alive and that my body needed it.

Anyone else enjoy running the occasional sprint? Is it good for a person to do this?

Banned

Not in recent years, I've given up competitive sports and the intentional infliction of pain that comes with it.

Sprints are wonderful for building stamina. The rush you felt is most likely the result of a rise in serotonin levels. Of course there's something psychologically rewarding about physically pushing oneself, even without the chemical response.

Keep it up and you'll be fit as a fiddle in no time! (not saying you aren't already)

I enjoy sprinting. Used to really enjoy 400 meter sprints. These days I like to sprint around with my kids.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    enjoy 400 meter sprints
    Boggle.

The 400 meter sprint is utter hell. At least on the competitive level. I don't know about recreation.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

I just need to move. I love running everyday, and opening up for some striders is that much better.

MBTI
    ENFP

I love the 100m. Used to run competitively in school. It was just so fun running fast, and then the "afterburner" kicks in and you fly by everybody. I don't think I'm quite as fast now, but I'm still faster than most people.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I run Track & Field and Cross Country. I have developed good endurance with a strong sprint. It's fun isn't it.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP

Yeah, I just started running longer distances this year. I've been running 5k two-three times a week, and have been incorporating 10k the past month. It's definitely challenging yet fun. Or probably fun because it's a challenge.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

During Cross Country I was running 5+ miles Monday-Friday for 2 months nearly.

Talk about kicking you in the arse..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Riva

Bump

There are so many benefits of sprinting.

*Google*

I don't do sprints but I do sprints on the elliptical. Yes it is not the same but the exertion of power is the same or more. It is probably more because one doesn't have to concentrate on balance or joint aches.

I do 10 sprints on the elliptical within 10 minutes with 10-20 seconds bursts/sprints followed by 50-40 seconds slow peddling (recovery period) every weekday. I want to get it upto 20 second bursts followed by 40 second recovery period into 10 times.