First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm in.

The issue is convenience. I have the same situation -- no food budget, I'm downtown with all the restaurants, and on the way home there's nothing but junk food drive-throughs. Why should I shop and cook when there is so much right available to me with zero effort? So the solution for me has been to food shop and then cook all day one weekend day and portion everything out, so in the morning I know what I'm going to eat, I can grab something I made myself from of the refrigerator and bring it for lunch, along with some fruit for snacks (which would be, for example, grapes already picked off of the bunch and washed, or an orange already peeled and wrapped with a damp paper towel) -- just spend one day making it so I don't have to think about what I'm eating the rest of the week. That's what works for me.

It's just that I so hate the kitchen...but what must be done must be done.

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    So the solution for me has been to food shop and then cook all day one weekend day and portion everything out, so in the morning I know what I'm going to eat, I can grab something I made myself from of the refrigerator and bring it for lunch, along with some fruit for snacks (which would be, for example, grapes already picked off of the bunch and washed, or an orange already peeled and wrapped with a damp paper towel) -- just spend one day making it so I don't have to think about what I'm eating the rest of the week. That's what works for me.
    I'm going to give this a go.

I'll muddle through friday somehow and go on a cooking spree on saturday. I already do this half-way by nature of being bachelor and favoring finger foods over things that require preparation. Then I'll just need to pick and choose which foods from which containers I care to eat on a given day...

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Anyone care to suffer through a month of "no junkfood" with me? I want co-sufferers to relate with!

I love junk. I admit it. Candies, chocolates, donuts, cookies, muffins, coffees, chips, pizzas, hamburgers, energy drinks, icecream, fried stuff, gimme gimme gimme! My only saving grace has been a resilient metabolism that puts up with it.

It'll be a neat experement. The effect on mood, sleep patterns, wakefullness, and general energy. Just, um, a painful adjustment for the first week.
    God, me too! I love crap food but starting last thursday I've cut the crap food out and have been eating healthy and outside of my morning cup of joe, I've been drinking water only.

Instead of fattening artery clogging food, I am eating Medifast snacks in between meals to keep from falling off the wagon. Their chocolate pudding is super yummy and soy crisps are enough to keep me from eating a grilled stuffed burrito or anything from McDonalds.

Of course all this is brought on my the fact that I'll be 40 next week and my body is telling me to knock the shit off or else!

I'd recommend not starving yourself and finding good substitutes for your cravings. I had the medifast food in the pantry from last year (joined didn't finish) so I am implementing them with healthier eating habits. It's a lifestyle change not a diet. Don't torture yourself and if you want a cookie get the small packs of 100 calorie oreo's or similar instead of the regular oreo pack for example.

I had some lettuce with flavored tuna, balsamic vinegar, mushrooms and some low fat crispy things for lunch today and it was good! Retrain your brain is what I am calling this. After 7 days it's easy.

edit: having just reread the op, the above is more for people who want to lose and keep weight off. ;P
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

same here. im gonna go on vacation ina month so i need to diet and exercise asap :x
    no more delicious mexican food or fries :[
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

No deal.

MBTI
    yupp

Nah, I don't want to live too long, but you guys have fun.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I'd recommend not starving yourself and finding good substitutes for your cravings. I had the medifast food in the pantry from last year (joined didn't finish) so I am implementing them with healthier eating habits. It's a lifestyle change not a diet. Don't torture yourself and if you want a cookie get the small packs of 100 calorie oreo's or similar instead of the regular oreo pack for example.

I had some lettuce with flavored tuna, balsamic vinegar, mushrooms and some low fat crispy things for lunch today and it was good! Retrain your brain is what I am calling this. After 7 days it's easy.

edit: having just reread the op, the above is more for people who want to lose and keep weight off. ;P
    Yeah, I'm not doing this for rapid weight loss, but more to observe the effects on mood, energy, and cost. Eating healthy is more expensive than eating junk, but eating out is more expensive than eating healthy, so I think this will be a net gain.

About a week is what I'm consistantly hearing as the adjustment phase. I think the largest challenge won't be the meals but the snacks, as it's only natural for the body to desire the cheap sugar rush of a candy.

Tonight is shopping night! I've made a point of letting my kitchen basically run out of food, so this should be a good start.

MBTI
    INTx

This is difficult.

Society is conspiring to keep me full of junk foods even if I'm not the one buying them.

Weekend was perhaps not the best time to start. Redoubling efforts starting.. now.

I hear you Feops.. I'm traveling, and it's actually so incredibly difficult to not grab a bag of chips in the store when we stop for gas or grabbing some fast food for lunch. It's going good though I think there will be a good reward at the end.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I don't eat junk food anyways, I stopped sometime early last summer.

So I'll join you.