User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default prescription refills

i'm mostly posting this because i'm incredibly annoyed. I have a prescription for daytrana (it says it's for kids, but adults can take it as well)... but i sort of forgot about using it for awhile and recently used up the remainder of what had been left of my last prescription. anyway, it's a lifesaver. There are almost no negative side effects and I can finish whatever needs to be completed.. blah blah blah. So, yesterday I called my regular doctor's office and asked if they could call in a refill... the receptionist took my name and other info and said, "we'll get back to you." I never heard back that day, so I called again this afternoon only to be told, "Call your pharmacy and have them send us a request for a refill." OK. *Calls pharmacy* Everything seems fine until I give them the name of the medication- "We can't request refills on narcotics," she claims, "You will have to have your doctor call in a new prescription." *calls regular doctor back* Receptionist: "What do you use Daytrana for?" (Given that it is for ADD, I don't know what she expected to hear.)... "We'll get back to you." So I finally resorted to calling my wacky psychiatrist who charges way too much and set up an appointment... an appointment that will last for 5 minutes... a series of DSM questions that have already been answered, and a check for $150-250 depending on how he categorizes the appointment. I sent an email 5 minutes later requesting an over-the-phone appointment so I don't have to wait another week. This shouldn't be so difficult... or am I just impatient?
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

No, you're not. That sounds HORRIBLY annoying.

Just from experience, I know that unfortunately the first step is to always request your pharmacy to fax in a refill request. That might have cut your time down a little, but how are you supposed to know this without going through the crap you just went through?

SUCKS.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    This shouldn't be so difficult... or am I just impatient?
    No, it shouldn't be that difficult, but they're really anal about ADD meds these days. I take Adderall and my doctor can't even fax in a refill - it has to be some special duplicate prescription form. I was living out of town during my last refill, so I had to have a stupid 15 minute phone appointment before he'd mail me a script. We talked about college football for the whole phone call...and then I had to pay him $75. :rolleyes2:
    "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Same for Ritalin, total BS. I have to drive over to my HMO doctor's office and pick up a paper copy of the Rx with a hologram on it so it can't be forged.

Ohhhhh how official.

Let me tell you something, if I wanted to abuse stimulants, I wouldn't be going to my MD for Ritalin. This is total BS of the medical/legal/law enforcement complex.

There are days when I don't need it, but when I'm asked to do 2 things I have no interest in and have them done by noon and my job depends on it, guess what, I'm fucked if I don't have it. Sorry my brain is different than most, I guess I should crucify myself for it someday.

Sorry you have to deal with that too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i have to deal with this kind of stuff every time i get my Paxil refilled and it is very annoying.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    i have to deal with this kind of stuff every time i get my Paxil refilled and it is very annoying.
    Are you serious? Paxil? It has no street value whatsoever, why in God's name would it be controlled like that? I know you can get that and many other SSRIs on legitimate US pahrmacy websites, with an online MD consultation. WTF? I am confused now.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Well from the medical side... drugs used for psychiatric disorders requires a special prescription because getting on the drug when you've stop can lead to suicidal tendencies. Last thing they want is people killing themselves. That's why there are those phone-in appointments etc.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Well from the medical side... drugs used for psychiatric disorders requires a special prescription because getting on the drug when you've stop can lead to suicidal tendencies. Last thing they want is people killing themselves. That's why there are those phone-in appointments etc.

OK, so how does fillling out an online form for an SSRI via the Internet, with Visa card in hand, count as medical intervention with regard to someone going on a suicidal withdrawal episode? I still cry B.S. Whatever.

It sounds like it might work best to find out what the issue is with your regular doc getting an Rx to you. Tell the doc directly about the issue. If he/she doesn't have a workable solution, maybe switching doctors would help.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Are you serious? Paxil? It has no street value whatsoever, why in God's name would it be controlled like that? I know you can get that and many other SSRIs on legitimate US pahrmacy websites, with an online MD consultation. WTF? I am confused now.
    my doctor only writes one moth prescriptions because he apparently wants me to come into his office and spend a fortune once a month just to be prescribed medication for clinical depression. He claims its to make sure the drugs are working.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.