• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your body type?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh, I just looked at the pics. I have some chunky on but I'm not sure that changes my body type that much. I'm probably the ecto thing.

eta: Oh screw that, I have no idea.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your score is 1.75.

Your body is closest to a Mesomorph. You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Your score is 2.5.

Your body is between an Ectomorph and a Mesomorph. Choose a middle approach between the follow recommendations.

Ectomorph: An ectomorph should concentrate on gaining weight in the form of good lean muscle tissue (some women that are too thin may also want to put on a little fat to look more feminine). Weight training should be done but not too often or for too long each session. Weight should be fairly heavy and workout pace slower (longer rest periods between sets). Diet should be high in calories (good quality food not junk) and you should eat more then you're used to and often. Aerobic and other activities (sports, dancing, etc.) should be kept to a minimum, at least until you are happy with your weight and looks.

Mesomorph: Mesomorphs have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

i relate more to the ectomorph.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Meso-Ecto.

I definitely have a limit on the upper end of my weight. I have a pretty good metabolism but I don't struggle that much when it comes to putting on muscle. I can get some fat, but not really any noticeable amounts. If I'm really inconsiderate with diet and exercise I can get up to like 14% bodyfat. Otherwise I'm usually right within that 8-9 percent (working out with focus and a plan) and 12 percent range (active in the summer). I have a small bone structure, extremely small wrists and ankles, small waist, but I come across as decently built. I'm certainly not skinny like a long distance runner. Nor can I eat straight junk all day and not gain fat.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
becker3a.jpg

Your score is 2.08.

Your body is closest to a Mesomorph. You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

Further reading (thanks to google): Meso - Endo - Ecto

Same.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your score is 1.42.

Your body is between an EndoMorph and a Mesomorph.

Seems about right. I'm in between large and skinny, and I can never seem to change how I look. Oh well, my weight doesn't cause me problems and people tell me I look fine.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
The major body types are: True Ecto Ecto-Meso Meso-Ecto True Meso ... - Body Types

That link is from what I presume to be a bodybuilding site and basically goes a little more in depth into how people can be a combination. It lists out characteristics in terms of body composition, eating habits, and how they gain and lose. It was really helpful for me because I was never quite super skinny but I always had natural muscle. so that meso-ecto description fit well. for others it might be meso-endo or ecto-meso.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Supposedly wider shoulders than hips = mesomorph. I've never had that "hourglass" thing though. Apparently the "rectangle" shape (the example given was Keira Knightley) is more favorable because (according to that random article I read) it means she has slightly higher testosterone levels... supposedly that helps with dealing with stress... among other things.

Your score is 2.58.

Your body is between an Ectomorph and a Mesomorph. Choose a middle approach between the follow recommendations.

Ectomorph: An ectomorph should concentrate on gaining weight in the form of good lean muscle tissue (some women that are too thin may also want to put on a little fat to look more feminine). Weight training should be done but not too often or for too long each session. Weight should be fairly heavy and workout pace slower (longer rest periods between sets). Diet should be high in calories (good quality food not junk) and you should eat more then you're used to and often. Aerobic and other activities (sports, dancing, etc.) should be kept to a minimum, at least until you are happy with your weight and looks.

Mesomorph: Mesomorphs have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your score is 1.92.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
2.0 - Mesomorph.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Meso Ecto. I identify more with the meso description I've always been stronger than I look, and I always weigh more than people think I weigh. I wouldn't describe myself as 'frail' or overly thin *at all*, but I am more small boned than big, I think. My fingers ovrelap when I do that wrist test thingie.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Test summary: do you think you're fat, normal, or skinny?

meh. I'd be very surprised if the vast majority aren't meso.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ectomorphic.

chipmunks.jpg

Simon from The Chipmunks, more or less. :rolli: