• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Lifting Thread

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I've been lifting for almost a year. I hating being skinny. My arms were so thin, my friend told me I can punch him in the face and it wouldn't hurt. He was right. I might take the magic S drug to make my progress go faster.

The gym i go to buy protein from has dudes who are so bulked up (few of whom are competing at national level) from steroids sometimes even i feel like using them.

Too scared of the side effect to use though.

Crabs

Permabanned
The gym i go to buy protein from has dudes who are so bulked up (few of whom are competing at national level) from steroids sometimes even i feel like using them.

Too scared of the side effect to use though.

i've never understood why guys take anabolic steroids to make their muscles bigger, presumably to achieve their ideal of masculinity, when it can cause testicular atrophy and gynecomastia. their balls shrink and they have an enlargement of breast tissue. not to mention, male-pattern baldness. doesn't make any sense to me. :unsure:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
i've never understood why guys take anabolic steroids to make their muscles bigger, presumably to achieve their ideal of masculinity, when it can cause testicular atrophy and gynecomastia. their balls shrink and they have an enlargement of breast tissue. not to mention, male-pattern baldness. doesn't make any sense to me. :unsure:

Yeah which is why most guys dare not use them including me.

With regards to people who use them, the current/temporary physical and emotional benefits outweights the long term side effects.

Also it depends on how much you are planning on using to have such severe issues.

Also, muscles arent built to impress the ladies. That is only upto a certain levels. I have read it's mostly intra sex confidence building.

Crabs

Permabanned
Yeah which is why most guys dare not use them including me.

With regards to people who use them, the current/temporary physical and emotional benefits outweights the long term side effects.

Also it depends on how much you are planning on using to have such severe issues.

Also, muscles arent built to impress the ladies. That is only upto a certain levels. I have read it's mostly intra sex confidence building.

hmm...that's interesting. what a bizarre way to develop intra sex confidence. i get the appeal of working out, just not putting harmful chemicals into your body. i try to be health-conscious though. if a guy cares that much about impressing other dudes (unless he's gay) i'd say he's got some deep-seated insecurities. "man culture" is weird.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
hmm...that's interesting. what a bizarre way to develop intra sex confidence. i get the appeal of working out, just not putting harmful chemicals into your body. i try to be health-conscious though. if a guy cares that much about impressing other dudes (unless he's gay) i'd say he's got some deep-seated insecurities. "man culture" is weird.

On the contrary this is apparently something most guys have.

It's NOT because they are insecure due to other men, it's to look strong and healthy.

Probably some hunter gatherer shit.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Hmm i must add that muscles is not the only way to gain confidence. Some do it with their wit/verbal skills. Some with talent, seniority, competence, popularity etc.

Crabs

Permabanned
On the contrary this is apparently something most guys have.

It's NOT because they are insecure due to other men, it's to look strong and healthy.

Probably some hunter gatherer shit.

but a shriveled nutsack and sprouting man-boobs doesn't look strong and healthy. anytime i see a guy with enormous muscles who looks like he uses steroids, i imagine he's hiding a tiny tim or a slim jim.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
but a shriveled nutsack and sprouting man-boobs doesn't look strong and healthy. anytime i see a guy with enormous muscles who looks like he uses steroids, i imagine he's hiding a tiny tim or a slim jim.

Woah woah not every dude who is extremely (or too masculine) masculine is using steroids.

The lesson of the day is that you should not judge a person from his outer appearance. You must get to know them more if you want to properly judge them.

In this instance you must ask to see his nutsack ;)

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Steroids can triple your muscle gains. That means your progress can triple it's growth rate. There was a study showing how people who took steroids gained 14 pounds of muscle in 10 weeks. Those who didn't take it only gained four pounds of muscle. That is why steroids can be so tempting to use.

Crabs

Permabanned

lol it cracks me up when people use epic music to promote something that's totally non-epic. why wouldn't there be a mass choir and orchestra heralding some random guy doing stomach crunches in the grass? and to top it off, a legendary speech as if he conquered the world and altered the fate of humanity for millenia to come.

There's no way in heck a person can grow muscle that fast without the use of steroids. You can see how effective the drug is for yourselves from watching the videos.

actually, he's not very big; mostly just cut. i definitely think someone can put on that amount of muscle in 3 1/2 months if they train correctly and eat enough calories/protein.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol it cracks me up when people use epic music to promote something that's totally non-epic. why wouldn't there be a mass choir and orchestra heralding some random guy doing stomach crunches in the grass? and to top it off, a legendary speech as if he conquered the world and altered the fate of humanity for millenia to come.

:rotfl:

actually, he's not very big; mostly just cut. i definitely think someone can put on that amount of muscle in 3 1/2 months if they train correctly and eat enough calories/protein.

Agreed; though the pictures are definitely a bit suspect. Notice how his shoulders are thrown back to give the appearance of being smaller? And he looks to be pushing his stomach out. It potential looks like sodium/water retention, versus dehydrated pumped.

I'll leave these here as food for thought:
A how to on the cycle used to get ready for photoshoots.
Also a video of the whole magic transformation spiel.

Crabs

Permabanned
Agreed; though the pictures are definitely a bit suspect. Notice how his shoulders are thrown back to give the appearance of being smaller? And he looks to be pushing his stomach out. It potential looks like sodium/water retention, versus dehydrated pumped.

yup!

I'll leave these here as food for thought:
A how to on the cycle used to get ready for photoshoots.
Also a video of the whole magic transformation spiel.

thanks for sharing the vid. it's amazing what a difference certain angles, oil and a little phototrickery can make.