User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I usually use 3-8 reps myself. I really like 8 especially for upperbody. I almost never go over 5 on the deadlifts. I prefer to do low reps and lots of sets mostly triples.
    Never over 5 for deads?

I usually stick to between 3 and 8 for deadlifts. But sometimes I'll get CAWAZY and throw 315 on a bar and go till failure, usually between 20 and 35 reps. Then I'll crawl to the restroom and puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Never over 5 for deads?

I usually stick to between 3 and 8 for deadlifts. But sometimes I'll get CAWAZY and throw 315 on a bar and go till failure, usually between 20 and 35 reps. Then I'll crawl to the restroom and puke.
    I've done stuff like that. First guy to 100 reps total etc. Nothing like a lower back pump. 30 minutes in the locker room trying to cool down.
    I also like to spend 1 hour doing deadlifts. Any variation I can think of.

Not deadlifts but...

[YOUTUBE="j1AGY5JZxVY"]reps[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

monday- chest/bicepts
    tuesday- legs (quads and calves)
    thursday- shoulders/traps/abs
    friday- back/tricepts/hams
    saturday and sunday i work and its a physical job
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I've done stuff like that. First guy to 100 reps total etc. Nothing like a lower back pump. 30 minutes in the locker room trying to cool down.
    I also like to spend 1 hour doing deadlifts. Any variation I can think of.

Not deadlifts but...

[YOUTUBE="j1AGY5JZxVY"]reps[/YOUTUBE]
    Do you only feel it in your lower back? I always get a pump in my lats and traps as well. It might have something to so with the fact that I arch back at the top of the rep to make sure I have a lock out.

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Do you only feel it in your lower back? I always get a pump in my lats and traps as well. It might have something to so with the fact that I arch back at the top of the rep to make sure I have a lock out.
    I get a massive pump in my traps. I get sore lats so I'm using them but I don't get a pump.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I split like this.

Day1: Chest, arms(biceps, triceps, forearms)

Day2: Legs(hamstrings, quads, calves)

Day3: Back

Usually two days between workouts.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I get a massive pump in my traps. I get sore lats so I'm using them but I don't get a pump.
    Interesting.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

kinda sorta very off-topic here, but since I don't feel like starting a new thread, what would you suggest to increase arm strength with little to no equipment, and starting from ummm...ridiculously low upper-body strength? I don't really care about changing the appearance of my arms, I just want to not be pathetically weak.

pushups? is there anything else you can do? my bf has some dumbbells (with the big flat disks) I could borrow in theory but even the littlest ones are pretty heavy for me I guess I could invest in some girly little ones, but I'd kinda rather not.

suggestions?
    -end of thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    kinda sorta very off-topic here, but since I don't feel like starting a new thread, what would you suggest to increase arm strength with little to no equipment, and starting from ummm...ridiculously low upper-body strength? I don't really care about changing the appearance of my arms, I just want to not be pathetically weak.

pushups? is there anything else you can do? my bf has some dumbbells (with the big flat disks) I could borrow in theory but even the littlest ones are pretty heavy for me I guess I could invest in some girly little ones, but I'd kinda rather not.

suggestions?
    Not at all off topic. That's what this thread is for.

Push Ups are good.
    Regular or also put your thumb and index finger of each hand together to emphasise the triceps.

Fat man pull ups. Pull ups with your feet out in front to improve leverage.

Dips using chairs

Ask me if you want me to be more specific. I like to help.?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post

suggestions?
    Push ups will help with general upper body strength. Not arm strength in particular. A good place to start.

And it's not off topic ma'am.

Try getting two 1 gallon milk jugs with lids. Fill them with water to a comfortably heavy weight and you can fill them as you get use to the weight.
    A full one will approximate 10 pounds. Then as you get stronger you can fill it with sand, steel ball bearings, etc.

You can do just about every arm exercise with the jugs that you can do with actual dumbbells.

Another good homemade item for forearm and grip strength is, take a broom handle, a nail or screw, and about 3 feet of rope. Tie a knot around the center of the broom handle then put the nail or screw into the knot to hold it. tie the free end to the milk jug we talked about earlier. Now grab the broom handle in both hands, one on each side of the knot.With your elbows at your side and forearms extended to start(later you can extend your arms and try it), role up the string until the top of the jug reaches the handle, then reverse it till the jug is on the floor. Do a complete up and down set 3 or 4 times. And when you can do it without to much effort, you can add more weight in the jug.

3 sets x 3 days a week, of bicep curls, triceps kickbacks, and the forearm roller should get your arms stronger pretty quickly.