User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Free weights also have a functional benefit in that you are forced to stabilize, recruit different muscles and neural pathways, since the movement isn't fixed in a single plane.

True dat. And I like to use dumbbells over barbells when I can. And then I kind of got into a few kettlebell exercises.

I don't know too many, but I'm much more into functional strength these days. Using your whole body (or what you need) to move a heavy object with correct and safe form. That's how you'd do it in real life.

I've done some crossfit workouts, but never really given it a full commitment. It seems awesome if you really educate yourself on how NOT to injure yourself, because the instructors won't. (I may have too much going on right now to start that shit though, that's a lot of time to give to condition your body).
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    True dat. And I like to use dumbbells over barbells when I can. And then I kind of got into a few kettlebell exercises.

I don't know too many, but I'm much more into functional strength these days. Using your whole body (or what you need) to move a heavy object with correct and safe form. That's how you'd do it in real life.

I've done some crossfit workouts, but never really given it a full commitment. It seems awesome if you really educate yourself on how NOT to injure yourself, because the instructors won't. (I may have too much going on right now to start that shit though, that's a lot of time to give to condition your body).
    I find myself getting "addicted" to lifting, in that I can't half ass it. I'm all in or I'm not. Sometimes I miss being single with my only responsibility being my job
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

I tried doing freeletics aphrodite programme today.

It took me about 20 minutes (and 4 sets) to even complete the first set of 50 of burpees, squats and situps.

And I was all in sweat and out of breath at the end that. There are people who supposedly do a total of 130 burpees, squats and situps in 20 minutes or so.

Freeletics Aphrodite | Workouts | Tribesports

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Shoulder width pushups (in one go) = 100+
    Slightly wider than shoulder width grip pullups = 20 something
    Bench Max 1 repetition = 115kg I am 75
    Squat Max 1 repetition = 150 kgs
    Regular Deadliy Max 1 repetition = 220kg

I have been training twenty years off and on
    Do you recall what percentage of these did you use to lift in your first years of lifting?

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Do you recall what percentage of these did you use to lift in your first years of lifting?
    How much I used to lift? I remember I could do 60kg bench pretty soon for 5. Deadlift, 140 maybe. Pushups I don't know. I did 150 chin ups in 15 minutes when I was 20 something. Squat, 100 maybe. I am 44 now.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    How much I used to lift? I remember I could do 60kg bench pretty soon for 5. Deadlift, 140 maybe. Pushups I don't know. I did 150 chin ups in 15 minutes when I was 20 something. Squat, 100 maybe. I am 44 now.
    Your existence makes me hate myself so I must destroy you to feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Your existence makes me hate myself so I must destroy you to feel better now.
    Alrighty then. lol. Enjoy your training

I am planning on trying the 'hypertrophic specific training' from this wednesday.

Has anyone tried it?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I've been lifting for almost a year. I hating being skinny. My arms were so thin, my friend told me I can punch him in the face and it wouldn't hurt. He was right. I might take the magic S drug to make my progress go faster.