Thread: Viruses

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Default Viruses

Dear abnormally-glowy-healthy people,

How do y'all NOT get sick?

Eat oranges, pips and rinds and all? Drink broth of the essence of Chuck Norris sweat?

Please reveal me your secrets so that I may no longer suffer the chronic colds.

Sincerely not going to crawl out of bed for the third time in two and a half weeks,
    Colors

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

All the time, we all do. I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac so I worry about these things.

Right now I have the stomach virus, but I'm almost recovered- I stayed home from school today. A few days ago, I had a really bad cold/sinus infection. For about two months preceding it, I had an ongoing middle/inner ear infection which was annoying but has gone away. I haven't gone to the doctors and I don't usually when I'm sick..even when most people would, as I prefer the natural way of letting your body fight it off- we underestimate the power of our immune system far too much, and I find it funny when people run off to the doctors for little sicknesses and problems..I haven't been to the docs in a good 7 years and I am perfectly healthy (except for right now, but it's a little stomach bug )

For my last cold- I got a cold humidifier that I slept with, I drank chamomile decaf herbal tea before bed, I ate clementines and oranges, drank nothing but water, took frequent hot showers to clear out my sinuses, and got lots of rest! Nothing to see a doc about, even though colds can get pretty severe- trust me, I just got over a realllly bad one.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Get enough sleep every night.
    Do something that makes you happy once a day, even if it's only for a minute. (endorphins=good for health/immune system)
    Take your vitamins.

Sorry you're sick!

Oh, p.s. wash your hands often and keep your hands away from your face

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Get enough sleep, make sure you're not cold, use achinacea the moment you feel a bit weaker so you can catch it in time and also stop using it when you're ok again. Eat a lot of fruit or take a vitamin supplement. Work out when you're feeling healthy, it boosts your system.

Once sick, I tend to go for homeopathy (healthier and often more effective than antibiotics, again, if you start it in time) and lots of sleep, as I tend to get sick coz I'm exhausted.

Best wishes, sweety
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I drink quite a lot of water, get enough sleep, and work steadily.

... Used to take cod fish oil dietary supplements last year, which had an effect on my eyes - made them abit more 'watery', and apparently made my hair a little shinier. It's cool, really did work!

I (used to) eat quite a lot, too, and keep a watch on what I'm taking in. Not too obsessive when it comes to greens or the vitamin/mineral stuff.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

I don't really get sick. When I do, if I'm feeling up to it I get up and get moving. I also get lots of rest.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

Nutrition, sleep, mental and physical health - there are a lot of factors that determine the strength of your immunity.

I used to get sick quite frequently when I was younger. Then I started doing physical activity on a regular basis and I haven't had a cold in over three years.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I used to become sick or get a cold at around the same rate as most people seem to, but I haven't had either for at least two years. I don't know what I've been doing differently, though. I've become more awesome I guess.

I remember my mom claiming to have not gotten sick for 30 years, which I found hard to believe. She credited it to the power of positive thinking.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I never get sick, EVER... and I drink, smoke, eat fast food and TV dinners, don't hydrate enough, have irregular sleep patterns....... my secret? Same as George Carlin's : NON-sterilization

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post

Oh, p.s. wash your hands often and keep your hands away from your face

Do the OPPOSITE of this.... DON'T wash your hands that often, because removing all viruses and bacteria from your environment does not give your immune system opportunities to update what it's looking for - non-domestic biomatter. You get SICK because your system was unable to defend itself against a large concentration of the pathogen responsible for the illness in question, NOT because you don't engage in enough hygeine behaviors. If you do need to clean off your hands, try to not use soap if possible. If you just changed an oil filter or something you'll wanna use soap to get rid of non-water sollulble toxins, otherwise soap just kills more pathogens that would make its way into your system...

pick your nose, chew on your fingernails, bite your cutilcles as well.... more opportunities for updates!

This is of course assuming you are a healthy adult and don't work in a hospital or someplace with elderly... then you want to sterilize on their behalf.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

As people said, lots of rest... make sure you have a good balanced diet and plenty of water.

Lastly, try to be less hurried and reduce stress. Stress has been linked scientifically to decrease in immune functions.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca