User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Viruses

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I guess being sick is partially a psychological thing. I know I've become even more sick, or just sick, when I worry about it. Think positively and you're body will heal. Take walks, sleep well, drink lots of water. Don't use hand sanitizer because it takes away from what your immune system can be doing and kills certain helpful viruses and bacteria. Yes, you should still wash your hands as this is different than hand sanitizer.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

there's actually a term for the positive thinking a few have mentioned (well, it falls under)- psychoneuroimmunology

ironically, i'm anxious and a little pessimistic, yet rarely get sick.... however, I have had whatever it is I do have now for the last 2.5 weeks. I sort of wanted a break, but this isn't strong enough to allow for any sort of substantial break- the most annoying kind of virus, imo.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    there's actually a term for the positive thinking a few have mentioned (well, it falls under)- psychoneuroimmunology
    hmm interesting. I'm wiki-ing the crap out of this right now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Very interesting. I am a hypochondriac and have anxiety issues because of it sometimes and it seems that whenever I turn on the happy and optimistic button my body mysteriously is rid of all of the wierd aches/pains and unexplaned problems that the normal person wouldn't worry about, but I would.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

With all due respect, I'd like to challenge the idea that you can just positive think yourself out of being sick, or that if you think positively, you won't get sick. If you believe that, then what does it say about sick people? That their thinking is not "healthy." Which is bullshit. There are people who are sick and it has nothing whatsoever to do with their thinking. So I just want to say be very careful with that kind of thinking that you don't wind up blaming sick people for being sick.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

lol. Funny and interesting. I'm wiki-ing the crap out of it too. I love research on random topics.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I've always had a superb immune system, and I end up being the carrier of bad germs more than the victim. I'll have a slight throat ache and some sinus pressure for a day, then the GF or roommate gets floored for 3-4 days and can't talk/move.

Whenever I feel funky, I down advil like a madman, drink a lot of tea, and eat more spicy foods than usual. Spicy foods are the key, I think I read something once about capsacin being a great immunity booster thing.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I've only been sick in bed like two times in my whole life. And no more than a couple of days.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Dear abnormally-glowy-healthy people,
    People notice that? Cool.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Used to be ill a lot... Found that eating a shitload of vitamins, fruit and spicy food helps.

I'm currently eating: multivitamins (contains a bit of everything more or less), Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Calcium-Magnesium and Omega-3 complex. I am also addicted to oranges, so I sacrifice and eat about three or four of them on my kitchen altar each day.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come