User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

By the way, per the suggestion of a few posts here, I have tried putting burpees into my workout routine. Wow, that exercise really gets my cardio going I tell you.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    By the way, per the suggestion of a few posts here, I have tried putting burpees into my workout routine. Wow, that exercise really gets my cardio going I tell you.
    Haha, I did a boot camp program hosted by a guy who came back from Iraq that owned the Tae Kwon Do studio I used to train at, we did something similar, except instead of the jump, when you came up from your pushup you had to punch punch, front kick front kick... damn. First time I nearly killed myself.

Also, make sure your diet is good! Peanut butter, lean white meat, nuts, fruit and a nice bucket of whey protein mixed in milk twice a day will do you wonders. Honestly diet is half the battle.

Burpees are a killer. Try burpees plus jump and pull up. Here is a guy doing 100.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Haha, I did a boot camp program hosted by a guy who came back from Iraq that owned the Tae Kwon Do studio I used to train at, we did something similar, except instead of the jump, when you came up from your pushup you had to punch punch, front kick front kick... damn. First time I nearly killed myself.

Also, make sure your diet is good! Peanut butter, lean white meat, nuts, fruit and a nice bucket of whey protein mixed in milk twice a day will do you wonders. Honestly diet is half the battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Burpees are a killer. Try burpees plus jump and pull up. Here is a guy doing 100.
    Wow, you guys are crazy. I'll give those a shot when I progress towards the more "advanced" stage of my workouts. I don't think diet should be a major problem for me though. It's constituted mainly of fish, small portions of rice, fruit, milk, bread, and nuts.

On a side note, since doing this workout program, I have noticed a significant burn in my obliques. It feels great afterward.

Yeah, It's important not to jump the gun to more advanced exercises when something more simple will suffice. If you do the exercise will have less effect when you use it later. The key is consistent progression.

MBTI
    INTJ

Another question for you guys though:

How important do you consider long "speed-walks" as part of the program. For intense cardio I find that jump roping and burpees are doing the trick thus far. What about long walks; is this good for burning calories on the side? Any of you implement this into your routine each week?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

How important do you consider long "speed-walks" as part of the program. For intense cardio I find that jump roping and burpees are doing the trick thus far. What about long walks; is this good for burning calories on the side? Any of you implement this into your routine each week?

Define long walks.

When I walk it's about how long I walk not how far. Plus I'm not a fan of walking on a track or a trail specifically built for walking. I like unimproved trails, with the occasional obstacle, preferably going up hill.

If the interval stuff is doing the trick you don't need to do them.
    There is a hierarchy to them

1 Resistance Training
    2 Interval Training
    3 Steady State Cardio
    4 Non Exercise Related Activity

So it depends on the time you have available and your goals.
    In short unless you really need to and have time you don't need to do them. Your heart gets plenty of work and a lot stronger just from Resistance Training and Intervals.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    If the interval stuff is doing the trick you don't need to do them.
    There is a hierarchy to them

1 Resistance Training
    2 Interval Training
    3 Steady State Cardio
    4 Non Exercise Related Activity

So it depends on the time you have available and your goals.
    In short unless you really need to and have time you don't need to do them. Your heart gets plenty of work and a lot stronger just from Resistance Training and Intervals.

MBTI
    ENFJ

The torso most attracts my attention. I also agree with Edge, Contours look good on men, though being overly defined isn't necessarily attractive.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.