User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    ^^Finally someone that agrees with me! Troy Brad Pitt can't hold a candle to Fight Club Brad Pitt. My sister says I'm crazy.
    Brad Pitt looks just fine in both of those pictures. Lets not get crazy with the minuscule details.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Never thought I'd see the day when an SJ scolds two NTs arguing over minuscule details.

But come on now Hmm...which one is better? Can't come in to this thread and not give your two cents!

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    Exhibit A: no.

Exhibit B: well, i realize that last picture looks worse for other reasons, but i didn't want to waste a bunch of time looking these up. anyway, least muscular picture i could find of him:
    LOL, an unbelievably low body-fat % is bad for you. :P

I think a balance between the two is optimal, not to mention, much easier to obtain, but most girls I know tend to prefer Fight Club Brad Pitt over Troy Brad Pitt. They mostly just like Brad Pitt, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    LOL, an unbelievably low body-fat % is bad for you. :P

I think a balance between the two is optimal, not to mention, much easier to obtain, but most girls I know tend to prefer Fight Club Brad Pitt over Troy Brad Pitt. They mostly just like Brad Pitt, though.
    I don't know about that. The best I've ever hit was 7%, and it was also when I felt the best.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    Exhibit A: no.
    Exhibit B: well, i realize that last picture looks worse for other reasons, but i didn't want to waste a bunch of time looking these up. anyway, least muscular picture i could find of him:
    I think a lot of that has to do with it looking... disportionate. His arms are huge, while torso is more compact... and his head is too. Compared to the 300 training ( http://z.about.com/d/comicbooks/1/0/...JG300-0088.jpg ), it looks rather freakish. The other picture has the same compact torso, but a better sense of proportion.

The conventional wisdom is that men think women prefer more muscle than women actually do...and women think men want them to be skinnier than men actually do. And I mention that because I think your preference is relatively normal

--

I'd actually be interesting in hearing a good exercise regiment for toning only - slight building, and not with the real intent to increase muscle mass. I've found that information to be remarkably hard to put into a coherent routine. It's easy to get general fitness information/toning and more hardcore muscle building... but none of it seems comprehensive in the middle.

If anyone is in the know-how, what I'd be curious about is about tapering the torso - to get the V shape. I know most of it will be about aerobic, but some muscle definition is required to emphasize it. I'd also be interesting in deltoid work that would be more bulk-orientated - from what I understand, that's the only way to give the appearance of broader shoulders. I think most males would gain the most from these two, from what I know of physical attractiveness.

And it's not even academic - there is reasonable return on investing time into making one more attractive!

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    --

I'd actually be interesting in hearing a good exercise regiment for toning only - slight building, and not with the real intent to increase muscle mass. I've found that information to be remarkably hard to put into a coherent routine. It's easy to get general fitness information/toning and more hardcore muscle building... but none of it seems comprehensive in the middle.

If anyone is in the know-how, what I'd be curious about is about tapering the torso - to get the V shape. I know most of it will be about aerobic, but some muscle definition is required to emphasize it. I'd also be interesting in deltoid work that would be more bulk-orientated - from what I understand, that's the only way to give the appearance of broader shoulders. I think most males would gain the most from these two, from what I know of physical attractiveness.

And it's not even academic - there is reasonable return on investing time into making one more attractive!
    I'd do a lot of plyometric/high rep training, and lift/work to failure as often as you can. Cut carbs and make sure your protein intake is high enough to always be more than what you need, you can always pee out the excess, instead of turning it into fat like carbs. For the V, focus on wide grip lat pulldowns, pullups, chin-ups, a good shoulder work, and chest work.

Although I think Halla or Wolfy would know more.

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

I don't know about that. The best I've ever hit was 7%, and it was also when I felt the best.
    Yeah, about 8-9% is the "athletic-healthy" range for a guy. Apparently, he dropped to 4% or so for Fight Club, which is rather severe. That's just what I've heard, anyway.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I think a lot of that has to do with it looking... disportionate. His arms are huge, while torso is more compact... and his head is too. Compared to the 300 training ( http://z.about.com/d/comicbooks/1/0/...JG300-0088.jpg ), it looks rather freakish. The other picture has the same compact torso, but a better sense of proportion.

The conventional wisdom is that men think women prefer more muscle than women actually do...and women think men want them to be skinnier than men actually do. And I mention that because I think your preference is relatively normal

--

Genetics play a large role. Higher reps, more than 15, generally give good tone with little to no mass building.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Never thought I'd see the day when an SJ scolds two NTs arguing over minuscule details.

But come on now Hmm...which one is better? Can't come in to this thread and not give your two cents!
    I'm just saying that such sculpting is not really necessary. A woman would not reject a guy with either of those body types I don't think. I wouldn't even notice the differences unless someone pointed them out to me. But I guess if you insist on sculpting like that then go for Fight Club Pitt body.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

just try to do a balanced work out or find an activity that you like to do..like rangler with the yoga or basketball or swimming or something...imo that looks the best too.

eta: oh...and just saw the pics...i think brad looks good either way.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison