User Tag List

First 614151617 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

lol my routine revolves around power lifts... i dont think i could overload more than that. i eat 1000 more calories than recommended (although with my activity level it is just perfect). and my supplementation is near impeccable. there is only so much i can overload on before my kidneys or liver or other vital organs start to scream at me haha.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    lol my routine revolves around power lifts... i dont think i could overload more than that. i eat 1000 more calories than recommended (although with my activity level it is just perfect). and my supplementation is near impeccable. there is only so much i can overload on before my kidneys or liver or other vital organs start to scream at me haha.
    Michael Phelps disagrees! You just aren't working out enough!

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Michael Phelps disagrees! You just aren't working out enough!
    Isn't that the guy whose coach forbids him to run for fear of having him fall?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

gah im so sick of hearing about michael phelps

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

gah im so sick of hearing about michael phelps
    Hater!

I wanna smoke a bong with the dude!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

maybe i am a hater. he can swim fast. woopty-fucking-doo. lol i just think he is popular with the girls so they just kinda advertised him a lot

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

What? He's ugly as fuck...I think, but I'm not a chick or a dude who's into judging other dudes but seriously? He looks like he's retarded.

Anyway, could you give us a lifting schedule of what you lift and how long it would take you to increase your gains? That way we could look at it and possibly come up with some better suggestions or alternatives.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

What I want to know is, how many grams of protein do you eat in a day? And how much you weigh.

Also, like Blank said, your exercise schedule.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

lol sorry for previous response. i had a splitting migraine and the last thing i wanted to hear about was michael phelps.

my lifting schedule goes like this (this is a stripped down version):

*everything revolves around deadlifts, squats, and bench. and i started working out about 3 years ago. when i started i was 110. i am now 145, so really i should not complain. i think i posted this before. my bodyfat is around 6-7%.

monday: chest, bicepts *this is my bench day
    tuesday: legs (quads, calves) *this is my squat day
    wednesday: rnr
    thursday: traps/shoulders/abs
    friday: back/tricepts *this is my deadlift day

i do not rest between sets. at least no longer then 10 seconds. many times i will do push ups in between if i really need more than 10 seconds. on my big 3 lifts i usually lift 5 sets of 5 and i will increase the weight in the middle of the exercise if i feel i can finish all 5 sets. my gains have gone up quite a bit recently since i have been pushing harder. and really i have only been squatting seriously for 2 months. when i first started squatting i was squatting (dont laugh) 90lbs altogether. now im at 145... which is an ok gain imo, especially for only 2 months. my deadlift is 185 (5x5) with perfect form. I can go up to 200 but i wont make it though all my sets. my bench has gone 20lbs in the past 2 weeks. it was 135 two weeks ago and now 155 is easy. my real strength lies in my bodyweight strength. 400 pushups is not hard at all. i think my gains have gone up with the addition of caffeine to my pre-workout snack.

ive only been lifting seriously for about a year.

EDIT:

quick response to protein intake

i eat a lot of protein. very little fast burning carbs (except afterworkout. after workout consists of gatorade and a good protein shake). breakfast i either eat a lot of eggs or a lot of cottage cheese (can you say 16g of protein per serving and practically no fat). and i usually eat a mixture of grains called musli. i also eat prunes and drink a low sodium v8. thats a somewhat typical breakfast. ill have a snack about 2-3 hours later that consists of some sort of nut (i like pistashios a whole lot, but almonds and edamame (whole protein) are awsome too). and ill add an apple to that. then lunch i usually have a sort of sandwich (either a massive pb&j on whole grain with milk or some sort of deli sandwich) and a slew of vegetables (i buy peppers and eat them like apples (did you know a red pepper has more vitamin c then an orange?)). and then ill have a banana or something related and a lot of times ill add triscuits to the the mix (i freaking love triscuits). then another snack about 2-3 hours later. then dinner which either consists of something my mom makes (she is a nutritionist) or sometimes ill buy a rotiserrie chicken and more veggies and fruit. then a protein shake before bed

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

This might sound a little wacky at first, but looking at your pictures in your profile and then at your dietary schedule...I'm going to say that I think you need more fat in your diet. I know that it's been highly stigmatized against in today's society, but the facts are there. Fat gives a high boost of energy. I'm not saying go eat out at Mickey D's every day, but having more red meat in your diet wouldn't hurt.

Personally, (since you didn't really say exactly which exercises you do other than bench and squat) I'm going to say that you don't need to do 5 sets. If at all possible just do two sets or so with 6-8 repetitions MAX, as in you are physically unable to do another repetition past that for that set.

Another thing you may want to take into account is a systems change. After a period of lifting, your body becomes used to the regimen, so you need to "shock" it into gear. Systems changes are really easy to implement into your workout routine, but I'm going to warn you that you'll be sore as a bitch after the first change if you do it properly.

Some system changes:
    Increased negative phase- Example: When doing a curl, you lift the weight normally, but on the down i.e. negative phase, you relax your muscles slowly, giving yourself two or three seconds.

Inverted Pyramid- Start off with a low weight, do six reps or so, then increase the weight and increase the reps until you work until muscle exhaustion (Caution. Really easy to injure yourself using this method, I would recommend only using freeweights or machines while using this system)

Ladders- Really basic, same rep amount, different weights. No explanation is really necessary

etc. etc.

Also: There's a whole bunch of weightlifting theory, but I'm going to take a page out of Arnold's book, where you work out until you feel "the pump," where the blood rushes to the area where you've been working out.

YouTube - Arnold Schwarzenegger - The Pump

Which reminds me, if you notice while he's doing those curls, he's using the cheater method instead of only bending his elbow, he uses the lateral motion of his body to help push the weight up, so while proper form is good to have and reduces the risk of injury, using the cheater method, you can have greater increases of strength and larger muscle mass.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;