• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lifting Sites

wolfy

awsm
My favourite sites are T-Nation a bodybuilding and strength training site. And also EliteFTS a powerlifting and strength training site.

Where do you go?

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
My favourite sites are T-Nation a bodybuilding and strength training site. And also EliteFTS a powerlifting and strength training site.

Where do you go?

T-Nation, on the occasions I feel I need a laugh, or if there is some bit of information I haven't heard of before that I want to look into.

But generally I dislike most of those places.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Bodybuilding.com

I think as a little intro it's not a bad place. A bunch of information there but like a lot of things bodybuilding and general weight lifting there is a bunch of commercialization involved. You have to be a little discerning with the information on there. There are a bunch of people over there though that are at all different levels in their conquest to get healthier, bigger, stronger, in better shape. The forums were helpful for me and I still have an account there under the same username.

Last edited:

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't get the point of those sites Wolfy...
Do you want to look like that?
Is it even feasible to look like that? (realistically, no)
They take steroids.
Supplements are a waste of money.

To a certain extent(depending on your goals), weight lifting is negligent and unnecessary ..

I'm with Biaxident on this.. those sites are more for shits and giggles.

Getting cut/ripped is a lot more simple than what they say.. here's a video of more legit ways to get strong and cut.
(Not a joke video btw) ;

The ghetto workout
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDCxH88-9X8"]Ghetto Workout[/YOUTUBE]

And.. drink enough water 8+ cups per day
Get 8 hours of sleep
Eat normally, get a good amount of fiber, protein, and carbs.
And work the legs out.
And work hard.

wolfy

awsm
I don't get the point of those sites Wolfy...
Do you want to look like that?
Is it even feasible to look like that? (realistically, no)
They take steroids.
Supplements are a waste of money.

To a certain extent(depending on your goals), weight lifting is negligent and unnecessary ..

I'm with Biaxident on this.. those sites are more for shits and giggles.

Getting cut/ripped is a lot more simple than what they say.. here's a video of more legit ways to get strong and cut.
(Not a joke video btw) ;

The ghetto workout
There are some good exercises in that video you posted.
Did you even look at those sites?
Biaxdent was saying he goes there for a laugh because the writing can be pretty funny. Especially Atomic Dog. Both those sites provide good quality information.
I didn't post the question to argue over which site was best. I only wanted to know where others go for info.
It is a lot simpler than it is sometimes made out to be.
Not all supplements are a waste of money. Basics like protein powder, fish oil and vitamin/minerals are worth the money.

You're definitely right on one point. The key to it all is hard work.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
There are some good exercises in that video you posted.
Did you even look at those sites?
Biaxdent was saying he goes there for a laugh because the writing can be pretty funny. Especially Atomic Dog. Both those sites provide good quality information.
I didn't post the question to argue over which site was best. I only wanted to know where others go for info.
It is a lot simpler than it is sometimes made out to be.
Not all supplements are a waste of money. Basics like protein powder, fish oil and vitamin/minerals are worth the money.

You're definitely right on one point. The key to it all is hard work.

You're right, I do go because of the occasional funny article. But let's remember there are many people who think steroids are the way to go. I like looking at some of the pictures, even when the picture is of them relaxing. I keep thinking to myself "When is that big vein in their forehead going to explode?", and imagining a mess like you see in those cheesy B horror movies.:)

Personally, I have never tried steroids, nor will I ever. Any changes in my body, I have made over more than 20 years of work.

That said, Creatine actually does work. And if you lift weights, it can do some good.

wolfy

awsm
You're right, I do go because of the occasional funny article. But let's remember there are many people who think steroids are the way to go. I like looking at some of the pictures, even when the picture is of them relaxing. I keep thinking to myself "When is that big vein in their forehead going to explode?", and imagining a mess like you see in those cheesy B horror movies.:)

Personally, I have never tried steroids, nor will I ever. Any changes in my body, I have made over more than 20 years of work.

That said, Creatine actually does work. And if you lift weights, it can do some good.

Agree... Yeah, I've never used and don't plan to ever. Creatine does work. There is a lot of research to back up creatine.
If I built my body using steroids I wouldn't be able to look people in the face and give people training advice.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I think there were some good points brought up. It takes a while before your comfortable with understanding the relevant information provided in those sites. By no means though are they worthless, once you understand that even with the steroids and supplements those guys still work incredibly hard you get a better perspective. There is a bit of information overload with that stuff but seeing different variations on routines, exercises, diets and techniques is always handy.