• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

your health and fitness (especially runners)

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
yeah just a few questions. i suppose im looking for patterns and the attitutes of people about fitness

- how much do you eat on a daily and/or weekly basis
- what do you eat
- how much do you exercise
- what are you like physically i.e, chubby, lean, boney, a litle fat in the stomach and hips
- what is your bmi and/or body fat percentage
- whats your attitute to diet and exercise overall
- have you ever lost weight due to sickness
-have you ever diliberatley starved yourself for a period of time to loose weight
- do you have a big or small skeletal frame
- does your diet have affects on your mental well being
- anythign else worth mentioning

concerning running:
do you listen to music when you run? what are the affects?
how much do you run?
does running uphill have any benefits and does it give you large and muscular claves?
whats the difference between in the bodies of a sprinter and that of a long distance runner?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
- how much do you eat on a daily and/or weekly basis more than most
- what do you eat lots of grapefruit, bananas, strawberries, dry sources of carbohydrates, salmon..
- how much do you exercise about 50 miles/week
- what are you like physically i.e, chubby, lean, boney, a litle fat in the stomach and hips lean, but not boney or lanky. just normal. soft
- what is your bmi and/or body fat percentage 19
- whats your attitute to diet and exercise overall my diet and exercise reflect how I choose to enjoy life
- have you ever lost weight due to sickness no
-have you ever diliberatley starved yourself for a period of time to loose weight no
- do you have a big or small skeletal frame small
- does your diet have affects on your mental well being not really

concerning running:
do you listen to music when you run? what are the affects? yes. helps me to run fast
how much do you run? i half walk half run all of the distance i cover, switching back & forth
does running uphill have any benefits and does it give you large and muscular claves? of course there's a benefit! you get the workout of running, and save your joints from the damage of pounding pavement
whats the difference between in the bodies of a sprinter and that of a long distance runner? from experience, the former is more muscular, smaller bone structure.. latter is lean, & small. runners tend to be small.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I cycle (a lot), so I suppose I can fit in a similar category as those who run.

3000, 3500 kcals. If I cycle more than 100 kms, can reach up to 5000.

- what do you eat

rice, pasta, meat, eggs, fish, bread, ham, vegetables, ice cream, cookies

in the winter, 3 times a week, mostly weight training. February-March, 3 times a week around 100 kms each time. From mid-march onwards, around 450 kms a week. In July-August, it can be up to 600-650 sometimes.

- what are you like physically i.e, chubby, lean, boney, a litle fat in the stomach and hips

I'm athletic, tendency to be more muscular on the legs rather than upper body

BMI like....around 20-21, body fat percentage around 8 percent.

As far as diet goes: I try to eat healthy stuff, but I don't really limit myself much. Exercise: I like it and it makes me feel good.

Well, yes, when I have the flu I lose weight.

-have you ever diliberatley starved yourself for a period of time to loose weight

Nooo way.

Average, I think.

Yeah, I feel better when I don't eat shit.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
thanks you two. i didnt mean exclusively runners.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
I'm fairly new to the whole workout thing, but I'll chip in. :)

A lot more than what I did a few months ago. The spike in hunger was surprising.

- what do you eat
Anything I want. But I found that as my demand for calories went up, my diet has improved as my body screamed for proper nutrition to repair itself. Coffee and candy was not cutting it. Eggs, fish, nuts, fruit, pastas are all favorites. I still struggle with veggies... :doh:

Maybe 30 minutes a day? Mostly weights. Nothing compared to the cardio folks.

Skinny + a few pounds on the tummy and hips. Pretty typical nerd build. Right now I'm fighting off the skinny by bulking up so the slimming will have to wait a bit.

I've no idea.

Diet: As a general rule, the more processed the food the worse it is for you.
Exercise: Has a huge number of benefits. Higher energy, acute appetite, better sleep, mood elevation, etc.

I'm sure I've lost a little. Never a substantial amount however. I'll eat pudding and jello if I can't handle anything else. There's a reason hospitals offer it.

No. I know I can't win that fight. I'll be miserable, my body will want to binge eat, and it'll cannibalize healthy muscle for energy.

I'm tall. So big-ish. I guess.

Not as much as sleep, but yes. Candy and coffee force erratic surges and dips in attention span and wakefulness.

Fnord.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah just a few questions. i suppose im looking for patterns and the attitutes of people about fitness

- what do you eat

concerning running:
do you listen to music when you run? what are the affects?
how much do you run?
does running uphill have any benefits and does it give you large and muscular claves?
whats the difference between in the bodies of a sprinter and that of a long distance runner?
can't sleep so what the hell

1.slightly less then normal for eating
2.junk mostly pasta, cheese, fruit, peanut butter, bread
3.Not alot
4. skinny so between lean and boney?
6.Not overally concerned, I'm pretty lazy if i have to I will but I don't run. I'm like they'll be another bus and I leave in plenty of time for anything to get their on time.
7.I'm sure when I've had a stomach flu yes
8.nope
9.small (I guess?)
10.probably, but at the same time i can't stick to a regime as i'll forget to eat and then its like ooh look i feel dizzy have i eaten? nope i should eat, 5 more minutes an hour later....ok I'm going to eat something.
11. I take terrible care of my body, yet I never get sick.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

- how much do you eat on a daily and/or weekly basis = EVERY 2 HOURS

- what do you eat = NATURAL FOODS, LEAN MEATS/CHEESES, NUTS, FRUITS, VEGGIES, ETC.

- how much do you exercise = 3-4 TIMES PER WEEK, BUT VERY INTENSELY

- what are you like physically i.e, chubby, lean, boney, a litle fat in the stomach and hips = MESOMORPHIC BODY TYPE

- what is your bmi and/or body fat percentage = ABOUT 10% NOW, IN 6 WEEKS I'll BE DOWN to 7-8%

- whats your attitute to diet and exercise overall = IT IS A LIFESTYLE, MY BODY IS MY TEMPLE, I HAVE CONSISTENTLY WORKED OUT FOR ALL OF MY ADULT LIFE.

- have you ever lost weight due to sickness = YES, ALMOST 20 POUNDS DUE TO MONONUCLEOSIS WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER.

-have you ever diliberatley starved yourself for a period of time to loose weight = NO, I CLEAN UP MY DIET AND RUN MORE TO GET LEANER WHEN I WANT TO

- do you have a big or small skeletal frame = REASONABLY BIG

- does your diet have affects on your mental well being = YES! I AM VERY SENSITIVE TO FLUCTATIONS IN CARBOHYDRATES, WHICH IS WHY I DON'T EAT THEM THAT MUCH. IF I EAT A PIECE OF BIRTHDAY CAKE I WILL BE IN A GLUCOSE COMA FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES...

- anythign else worth mentioning = WEIGHTS + CARDIO + NUTRITION = PRESERVATION OF YOUR YOUTH

concerning running:

do you listen to music when you run? = YES

what are the affects? = I TEAR UP ASPHALT

how much do you run? = WHEN CHASED BY RABID DOBERMAN PINSCHERS

does running uphill have any benefits and does it give you large and muscular claves? = YES, HILLS HELP YOUR CALVES ALOT, USE A RANDOM SETTING ON A TREADMILL IF YOU CAN'T RUN OUTSIDE

whats the difference between in the bodies of a sprinter and that of a long distance runner? = SPRINTERS LOOK LIKE MINI-BODYBUILDERS, LONG DISTANCE RUNNERS USUALLY ARE NOT BULKY, THEY ARE MORE THIN AND STRIATED...

wolfy

awsm
I eat every 3-4 hours

- what do you eat
Mostly Japanese stuff. Lots of grilled fish, meat, miso , vegetables. Iusually have oatmeal for breakfast everything else is rice and fish or meat and veges. I eat junk but not too often

3-4 times a week

Some fat around the middle. Muscular. Endo-Mesomorph.

BF is 14%

I don't like to diet but what are you going to do you have to do what it takes.

No

No. I've done cyclic carb diets that's about it.

Medium I think

Yes. Sometimes in a good way, sometimes bad.

Not that I can think of right now.