User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You don't even necessarily need to use rice flour. Homemade bread is better for you than the typical storebought stuff. You're not loading your bread with preservatives or extra sugar.

I was trying a wheat/gluten free diet at the time, so many foods we eat have gluten and wheat in them, it was too difficult and expensive to keep up with anyway.

Now You have made me want a homemade bread hot sandwich.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Sounds good, can I have one too?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

An interesting diet.

I think only people with inflammatory disease such as Crohn's, Ulcerative colitis or Ankylosing Spondylitis at an advanced stage should really give it a try. An amazing amount of people suffering from these diseases report complete remission of inflammation when sticking to such diets. For the moment, this diet, like so many others, does not have much validation from the medical world and fits in the box of alternative medicine (esp. when it comes to diseases like multiple sclerosis or disorders like autism).

I am not sure and rather ignorant about the subject, but I think one of the explanations for why this diet works is that when food is cooked at very high temperatures and molecules become denatured or when starch foods (read:gluten) which include such bacteria as Klebsiella Pneumoniae are eaten, more agents are likely to inflame the lining of the bowel leading to increased permeability of the gut wall to toxins, microbes, undigested food, waste or larger than normal macromolecules.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    You know, I tried exercising about 6 months ago, not only did I find it difficult (I am so unfit lol) but I also threw up each time, is that normal?
    Possible causes based on my own personal experience:

1. Dehydration
    2. Exercising in the morning before eating
    3. Exercising in the morning
    4. Overheating
    5. Doing too much, too fast, too soon

Edit: BTW, I think the caveman diet is bogus... Cow and chicken are a lot different than woolly mammoth and sabre-tooth tiger. The point about less-processed foods is a good one though.

MBTI
    INTJ

I get those cravings but find it hard to pin down what I want, I was bulimic for so long on and off through my life that now that I eat again (over a year now) I just fear all food lol.
    Oh, take it easy and take it slow, Sahara. Eating disorders change the deal.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Actually, it's quite right. Want to feel good? Go read up on wild foods and go for a hike during periods when such things are available. Maybe bring a few modern goodies to help with like catching animals, and by the end, you'll be a happy human. Maybe bring another human for some human contact, too.

What happened? You ate stuff you would eat if it wasn't for the modern world giving us stuff that is bad for us. You lightly exercised.

Modern foods hijack our natural processes to exploit us. In fact, fat is good stuff, and so is sugar; we're programmed to love this stuff because it's good stuff. However, in the natural world your access to such things is not as simple as it is now, and the types you would have found then are better for you. You would get a lot of fructose, good fats, protein, vitamins, etc.

So, yeah, it sounds like a great plan. One I would adhere to if it was reasonable, and wanted to without anyone formulating a "diet" for it.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTJ

I knew Sam had something going for him.

"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tayshaun View Post
    An interesting diet.

I am not sure and rather ignorant about the subject, but I think one of the explanations for why this diet works is that when food is cooked at very high temperatures and molecules become denatured or when starch foods (read:gluten) which include such bacteria as Klebsiella Pneumoniae are eaten, more agents are likely to inflame the lining of the bowel leading to increased permeability of the gut wall to toxins, microbes, undigested food, waste or larger than normal macromolecules.
    And yet they constantly tell us that you have to cook meat as much as possible to protect yourself from bugs that exist within the meat, or at least that was what they always told me, hence my aversion to rare steak and such.

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Possible causes based on my own personal experience:

Edit: BTW, I think the caveman diet is bogus... Cow and chicken are a lot different than woolly mammoth and sabre-tooth tiger. The point about less-processed foods is a good one though.
    Lol true true, I read that cow is a human creation to some extent, bred by humans, so yes not so natural.

Sabre tooth steak....hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Oh, take it easy and take it slow, Sahara. Eating disorders change the deal.
    Thanks natrushka, I made a promise to myself last year that enough was enough, that I could eat, it was ok and sod what other people thought, so far it's going ok, but when I first started looking at food again I even thought a plate of steamed veg was fattening. I am past that now lol, I mostly just eat vegetables at the table, steamed, roasted etc, fish sometimes, eggs, very rarely meat, I am a vegetarian that sometimes needs to eat liver because of my anemia.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Actually, it's quite right. Want to feel good? Go read up on wild foods and go for a hike during periods when such things are available. Maybe bring a few modern goodies to help with like catching animals, and by the end, you'll be a happy human. Maybe bring another human for some human contact, too.

What happened? You ate stuff you would eat if it wasn't for the modern world giving us stuff that is bad for us. You lightly exercised.

Modern foods hijack our natural processes to exploit us. In fact, fat is good stuff, and so is sugar; we're programmed to love this stuff because it's good stuff. However, in the natural world your access to such things is not as simple as it is now, and the types you would have found then are better for you. You would get a lot of fructose, good fats, protein, vitamins, etc.

So, yeah, it sounds like a great plan. One I would adhere to if it was reasonable, and wanted to without anyone formulating a "diet" for it.
    Yes, when you put it like that it just sounds like common sense.

Going by everyone responses about the puking after exercise thing seems I just over did it too quickly, which is why I am happier with the slow going things I have chosen for this year.

Yoga, gentle gym and cycling, maybe some swimming thrown in occasionally. This is the first year of all the kids being in education so I have some time each day for me.

MBTI
    INTJ

I mostly just eat vegetables at the table, steamed, roasted etc, fish sometimes, eggs, very rarely meat, I am a vegetarian that sometimes needs to eat liver because of my anemia.
    Do you take a multi vitamin, Sahara? As a vegetarian you probably eat more soy than most, you'd want to make sure you're also getting enough iodine to keep it from messing with your thyroid (soy is a goitrogen but if you're eating enough iodine or getting enough from a supplement it's not a concern - enough, btw, is 150 mcgs a day if you consume soy once a day, 300 mcgs if you consume it more than once a day [you can get 75mcgs from a 1/4 teaspoon of iodized salt]). Most multivitamins contain sufficient iodine (and selenium, which can affect iodine use).

B12 might be something else to consider. Especially if you're feeling tired and / or forgetful. Unless specicially informed, anemia can be B12 related as well as iron. One of the main reasons for iron deficiency in the UK, aside from being a vegetarian, is tea consumption. Tea blocks the absorption of iron, so when you do eat that liver you might want to keep the tea away from it

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Do you take a multi vitamin, Sahara? As a vegetarian you probably eat more soy than most, you'd want to make sure you're also getting enough iodine to keep it from messing with your thyroid (soy is a goitrogen but if you're eating enough iodine or getting enough from a supplement it's not a concern - enough, btw, is 150 mcgs a day if you consume soy once a day, 300 mcgs if you consume it more than once a day [you can get 75mcgs from a 1/4 teaspoon of iodized salt]). Most multivitamins contain sufficient iodine (and selenium, which can affect iodine use).

B12 might be something else to consider. Especially if you're feeling tired and / or forgetful. Unless specicially informed, anemia can be B12 related as well as iron. One of the main reasons for iron deficiency in the UK, aside from being a vegetarian, is tea consumption. Tea blocks the absorption of iron, so when you do eat that liver you might want to keep the tea away from it
    Wow, I did not know that forgetful was part of it, I am very very very forgetful, or that tea affected it lol I drink about 20 cups of tea a day.

I take iron from the doctor, and it says don't drink milk for an hour before and after. My doctor is a crap doctor, wouldn't even accept that my son's behaviour disorder was aggravated by food when his school doctor put him on the candida diet.

I will buy some of the B12 and a multivitamin, I was just sticking with the iron ones.