User Tag List

123 Last

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Default Do you drink milk? Are you "lactose intolerant"?

I need to do a survey for a school assignment. If people wouldn't mind helping me out, it'll be great. (Yes I know it's a little long... )

Please answer the following questions.

1. Where do you live? (Country) If you're in North America, which state/province?

2. How many times do you drink milk in a month? I'm referring to a full glass (250mL+) of milk. (choose 1)
    30+ (e.g. daily)
    12-29 (e.g. at least 3 times a week but not every day)
    8-11 (e.g. between 2-3 times a week)
    1-7 (e.g. a few times a month)
    0 (e.g. you don't drink milk)

3. If you don't drink milk, skip to question 6.

For milk drinkers
    4. How do you usually drink your milk? (choose all that applies)
    Glass of milk separately (for breakfast, before bed? etc)
    Milk with cereal
    Milk in beverage
    Other? Please describe.

5. What sort of milk do you drink? (choose all that applies and indicate reason for preference)
    full-fat (homo, 4%)
    2% milk
    1% milk
    skim milk
    other? specify

For non-milk drinkers
    6. Why don't you drink milk? (lactose-intolerance? etc)

7. Do you drink/eat any dairy replacement? If so, what? (eg yogurt, cheese, soy)

For all
    8. Which of the following would you recommend as a milk replacement for a friend who has problems digesting cow's milk? (Rank from 1st choice to last, a rationale would be nice)

Soy drink
    low-lactose milk
    Almond/rice milk
    Goat milk
    Yogurt drink

9. Re-rank the above list according to nutritional value (highest to lowest, take a guess if you don't know)

10. Re-rank the list according to price (most expensive to least expensive, again take a guess)

11. Final check, what do you think my research topic is?
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

1. Where do you live? (Country) If you're in North America, which state/province? Minnesota

2. How many times do you drink milk in a month? I'm referring to a full glass (250mL+) of milk. (choose 1)
    30+ (e.g. daily)
    0 (e.g. you don't drink milk) I used to drink a couple gallons a week, but now I only drink maybe a half gallon a week.

Milk with cereal
    Milk in beverage
    Other? Please describe. I usually drink it while eating something else. If I drink it straight, it's usually chocolate.

5. What sort of milk do you drink? (choose all that applies and indicate reason for preference)
    full-fat (homo, 4%)
    2% milk
    1% milk
    skim milk
    other? specify 2%

8. Which of the following would you recommend as a milk replacement for a friend who has problems digesting cow's milk? (Rank from 1st choice to last, a rationale would be nice)

Soy drink
    low-lactose milk
    Almond/rice milk
    Goat milk
    Yogurt drink I've never had anything but cow milk.

9. Re-rank the above list according to nutritional value (highest to lowest) No clue

10. Re-rank the list according to price (most expensive to least expensive) No clue

11. Final check, what do you think my research topic is? *shrugs*
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

1. Where do you live? (Country) If you're in North America, which state/province?
    California

30+ (e.g. daily)

For milk drinkers
    Milk with cereal
    Milk in beverage
    Other? Please describe.

full-fat (homo, 4%)
    2% milk
    1% milk
    skim milk
    other? specify

For non-milk drinkers

vegan

7. Do you drink/eat any dairy replacement? If so, what? (eg yogurt, cheese, soy)

yes, soy milk and almond milk... sometimes soy yogurt if you're referring to calcium, fortified orange juice and other fortified foods that I can't think of.

For all

Soy drink
    low-lactose milk
    Almond/rice milk
    Goat milk
    Yogurt drink

1. almond milk
    2. soy milk
    3. coconut milk (?)
    4. rice milk (gag)

9. Re-rank the above list according to nutritional value (highest to lowest)

1. soy milk (i'm guessing... only because it's fortified)
    2. coconut milk
    3. almond milk (although, if it is raw, I'd put it above coconut milk)
    4. rice milk

10. Re-rank the list according to price (most expensive to least expensive)

1. soy milk
    2. almond milk
    3. rice milk
    4. coconut milk

(although, this all depends on brand, store, organic vs. not organic, etc.... this is just what I tend to notice with my personal shopping.)

perhaps... osteoporosis/calcium
    perhaps... declining sales in the dairy industry
    perhaps... lactose intolerance?
    perhaps a million other topics.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

1. Where do you live? (Country) If you're in North America, which state/province? California.

2. How many times do you drink milk in a month? I'm referring to a full glass (250mL+) of milk. I don't really keep a tally of my milk consumption. I'll say 12-29.

[X] Glass of milk separately (for breakfast, before bed? etc) -- RARELY.
    [X] Milk with cereal -- OFTEN
    [X] Milk in beverage -- SOMETIMES
    Other? Please describe.

5. What sort of milk do you drink? (choose all that applies and indicate reason for preference) 2%, but nothing below that because I don't like the taste.

8. Which of the following would you recommend as a milk replacement for a friend who has problems digesting cow's milk? (Rank from 1st choice to last, a rationale would be nice) I'd probably rank the non dairy alternatives first, but I don't know a lot about the pros and cons of each type of milk.

9. Re-rank the above list according to nutritional value (highest to lowest) I don't know enough.

10. Re-rank the list according to price (most expensive to least expensive) Non dairy seems to be more expensive.

The obvious guess would be that it's about milk/nutrition.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    yupp

1. U.S. IL

2.12-29

3.right so this step is just here to instruct non milk drinkers to skip the next two questions?

4.Milk with cereal though I never finish the milk i usually dump it out, once in awhile I'll drink it with something sweet but I prefer tea with sweets

5. 1% or skim

7. Don't know haven't really tried any of those.

8.don't know

9.don't know

10.don't know

11. Um something to do with milk?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

1. Where do you live? (Country) If you're in North America, which state/province? North Carolina.

30+ (e.g. daily)

For milk drinkers
    Milk with cereal
    Milk in beverage. All of these.

full-fat (homo, 4%)
    2% milk
    1% milk
    skim milk. I usually just go with whatever is bought. I'm fine with it all, I live in two separate households. At my dad's he gets 1% and at my mom's she gets whole.

7. Do you drink/eat any dairy replacement? If so, what? (eg yogurt, cheese, soy) I eat yogurt and cheese.

For all
    8. Which of the following would you recommend as a milk replacement for a friend who has problems digesting cow's milk? (Rank from 1st choice to last, a rationale would be nice). My mom is lactose intolerant (she gets the milk for me) and she has the best results with Soy, Almond and Rice milk.

Soy drink
    Almond/rice milk

9. Re-rank the above list according to nutritional value (highest to lowest, take a guess if you don't know). I'm not sure. Soy, Almond and Rice milk all seems pretty healthy.

10. Re-rank the list according to price (most expensive to least expensive, again take a guess) Almond/Rice is the most expensive, then Soy.

11. Final check, what do you think my research topic is? No idea.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 02-07-2009 at 06:26 PM.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

USA/MA.

30+ (e.g. daily)

I don't drink milk.

For non-milk drinkers

I've just never liked it. It's disgusting.

Yes. I drink Slim-fast Optima, actually. [Rich Chocolate Royale Flavor] I started drinkin' em as a supplement to my meager diet when I was ridiculously busy with my work. Ensure is the meal replacement shake not marketed as a weight-loss product, but it tasted vile, & surprisingly, Slim-Fast Optima Shakes have more nutrients overall, and 50% of my daily rec. calcium needs.
    ...plus..it's chocolate!

I also eat yogurt [not plain.. blegh..]. And cheese occasionally, usually in the rare event someone's ordered pizza.

For all

Soy drink
    low-lactose milk
    Almond/rice milk
    Goat milk
    Yogurt drink

I've skimmed through a few articles & I'm making some guesses based on those...
    1. Soy Drink [high in protein]
    2. Almond/rice milk [also fairly high in protein, but the texture is more watery, & as a result, less suitable fot substituting in for cooking.]
    3. Low-lactose milk has 70-100% of its lactose hydrolized & is better tolerated by most individuals.
    4. Yogurt drinks that specifically contain "live & active cultures" are generally well tolerated.
    5. Goat milk conaints lactose, and has similar reactivity in intolerant individuals as cow's milk.

9. Re-rank the above list according to nutritional value (highest to lowest)

ehhh... I believe the way I have it ranked already may indicate that as well, or at least something close to it..

10. Re-rank the list according to price (most expensive to least expensive)

I'm guessing here
    1. Soy Milk
    2. Yogurt Drinks
    3. Almond/rice milk
    4. Low-Lactose milk
    5. Goat milk

Hmm.
    -study of non dairy consumers' general awareness/use of their available milk alternatives throughout the world?
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I need to do a survey for a school assignment. If people wouldn't mind helping me out, it'll be great. (Yes I know it's a little long... )

Please answer the following questions.

30+ (e.g. daily)

For milk drinkers
    Milk with cereal
    Milk in beverage
    Other? Please describe.

full-fat (homo, 4%)
    2% milk
    1% milk
    skim milk
    other? specify

For non-milk drinkers

For all

Soy drink
    low-lactose milk
    Almond/rice milk
    Goat milk
    Yogurt drink

9. Re-rank the above list according to nutritional value (highest to lowest, take a guess if you don't know)

10. Re-rank the list according to price (most expensive to least expensive, again take a guess)

1. Europe, Lithuania, Siauliai region, Siauliai.
    2. Daily. 0.5-1.5liters.
    4. Seperate glass, cereal, milk in coffe, milk with honey if I'm sick.
    5. 0.5%-2%, it doesn't matter too much for me.
    8. Have no idea, lactose intolerance is unheard of here.
    9. Have no idea, lactose intolerance is unheard of here.
    10. Have no idea, lactose intolerance is unheard of here and there is absolutely no demand for such products here.
    11. No idea.

MBTI
    NICE

In the UK a George Best Lining is the consumption of a pint of milk in lieu of breakfast, enabling the would-be bon vivant to continue the consumption of beverages fortified with something a little stronger than lactose.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

1. Where do you live? (Country) If you're in North America, which state/province? Oz

30+ (e.g. daily)

For milk drinkers
    Milk with cereal
    Milk in beverage

Other? Please describe.

full-fat (homo, 4%)
    2% milk
    1% milk
    skim milk
    other? specify Organic Unhomogenized.

For non-milk drinkers
    6. Why don't you drink milk? (lactose-intolerance? etc) I am lactose intolerant but I still drink milk.

7. Do you drink/eat any dairy replacement? If so, what? (eg yogurt, cheese, soy) Milk as stated plus other dairy products, I tend to avoid products like ice cream and cream though, they hurt me.

For all

1. low-lactose milk Lactose free milk is fine.
    2. Yogurt drink Not my thing but normal yohurt is fine so why not.
    3. Soy drink No, I react to soy milk just as much as normal milk.
    4. Almond/rice milk Never had it.
    5. Goat milk Think about all the precious goats milk that could be going to delicious cheese but is instead wasted on milk, this will not do! Also, would have the same effect as cows milk.

As someone who needs to avoid many dairy products the best milk I've found is the organic unhomogenized milk. Soy hurts me, lactose free milk has no taste and normal milk hurts me while having no taste. Unhomogenized tastes unbeliveably good and has no bad effects = winnah.

Goat milk - Yogurt drink - low-lactose milk - Almond/rice milk - Soy drink

Yogurt drink - Almond/rice milk - Goat milk - Soy drink - low-lactose milk

11. Final check, what do you think my research topic is? I'm just here for the free dairy that come with answering the questions. Where are they?