User Tag List

First 23456 Last

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I've actually been wondering about this thread. There were no conclusions, I need conclusions dammit!

Nightning, can you tell us what your research topic was and what conclusions you reached?
    Ummmmm yes! I didn't realize people will keep on doing the survey. Thankie everybody for filling it out.

The survey is for my marketing class on people's preference and general awareness for milk and milk alternatives, more specifically for goat milk.

The final conclusion is that people in general know virtually nothing about milk alternatives...

ps- are you sure you're not a J trin? Conclusions for a P? tsk tsk!
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Ummmmm yes! I didn't realize people will keep on doing the survey. Thankie everybody for filling it out.

The survey is for my marketing class on people's preference and general awareness for milk and milk alternatives, more specifically for goat milk.

The final conclusion is that people in general know virtually nothing about milk alternatives...

ps- are you sure you're not a J trin? Conclusions for a P? tsk tsk!
    I'm lactose intolerant but like milk and dairy so it was interesting and pretty relevant to me, I'm always on the look out for something better

Can you tell us the correct order for Q 8, 9 & 10?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

But, but you forgot Llama milk.

I've read goats milk is the closest to human milk and easier on the digestion than cows milk. My brother is lactose intolerant.

It is an interesting survey you had going.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

1. Where do you live? (Country) If you're in North America, which state/province?

Texas, USA.

2. How many times do you drink milk in a month? I'm referring to a full glass (250mL+) of milk. (choose 1)
    30+ (e.g. daily)

3. If you don't drink milk, skip to question 6.

For milk drinkers
    4. How do you usually drink your milk? (choose all that applies)
    Glass of milk separately (for breakfast, before bed? etc)
    Milk with cereal
    Milk in beverage
    Other? Please describe.
    All of the above.

5. What sort of milk do you drink? (choose all that applies and indicate reason for preference)
    full-fat (homo, 4%)
    2% milk

For all
    8. Which of the following would you recommend as a milk replacement for a friend who has problems digesting cow's milk? (Rank from 1st choice to last, a rationale would be nice)

Soy drink
    low-lactose milk
    Almond/rice milk
    Goat milk
    Yogurt drink

^ I would recommend all of these, as like I enjoy them as well!

9. Re-rank the above list according to nutritional value (highest to lowest, take a guess if you don't know)

Soy drink
    Yogurt drink
    low-lactose milk
    Almond/rice milk
    Goat milk

10. Re-rank the list according to price (most expensive to least expensive, again take a guess)

Almond/Rice Milk
    Soy Milk
    Goat Milk
    Yogurt Drink
    Low-Lactose Milk

11. Final check, what do you think my research topic is?

How milk drinkers vs. non-milk drinkers view the milk-drinking world.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I'm lactose intolerant but like milk and dairy so it was interesting and pretty relevant to me, I'm always on the look out for something better

Can you tell us the correct order for Q 8, 9 & 10?
    Question 8 is trying to capture your opinion... so there's really no correct order. Different people have different degrees of lactose intolerance.

For people who cannot take any lactose at all. Fortified vegan choices would be the best.

Almond/rice milk does not resemble hormones in the body so if for some strange reason you wish to drink an enormous quality of it... it'll be a better choice than soy. However it is more expensive than soy and it's can be quite watery. (more like flavored water than milk) You probably don't want to use it for baking.

Soy is less expensive than almond/rice milk but it's still relatively expensive compared to the other choices. I know people are concern in terms of the estrogen thing... but you need to drink a lot (like half litre or more everyday) for it to cause detectable hormone imbalance. It's really not much of a concern. Make sure you get fortified soy milk though, otherwise you're not really getting the vitamins and minerals.

For people who can handle some lactose.

Goat milk would be the best choice is you don't mind the very slight aftertaste. If you like chocolate milk... add some chocolate syrup to it and the aftertaste is pretty much completely covered up. After a while you probably get use to the taste. Also don't heat it up... the smell gets stronger if you denature the milk proteins with heat. Fortified goat milk has more vitamins and less fat than cows milk.

For low lactose milk, I've never personally tried it. But people say it doesn't really taste like normal milk. More like water? I don't recommend it...

Yogurt is in a separate category. Now they come with with this new probiotic stuff which is suppose to be easier to digest and is better for you. I didn't taste any difference between that and good old regular yogurt... although for sure they add in a ton more sugar in yogurt as compared to milk. The price of yogurt is actually not that much different than soy milk if you compare by volume... it can be even more expensive depending on the type.

Also another thing with lactose intolerance is that you can build up the amount of enzyme you have. If you slowly increase the amount of milk you drink... your body adapts.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    But, but you forgot Llama milk.

I've read goats milk is the closest to human milk and easier on the digestion than cows milk. My brother is lactose intolerant.
    Llama?!? You need to grab that llama for me and get me a sample then

Yeah... They used to give goat milk for infants who can't digest breast milk... that has now been replaced by synthetic formula. Nutritional value for fortified goat milk is also better than cows milk. It's mostly just the pre-conception people have of the taste and smell of it that turns people off.

We did a blind taste test and people couldn't tell one was goat milk.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

nightning, do you know anything about Taro (potato milk)? It was recommended to me recently but I can't find it anywhere. Supposedly it's closer to the consistency of real dairy than even soy milk. It would be a good choice for us since we're cutting out all casein (which is in goat milk as well).
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm a fan of goat's milk, and especially goat's milk cheese. We have a lot varieties in France.

When I was 14 years old, I spent a whole summer looking after a little herd of goats in the Cévennes. Each morning, we had to milk some of them, it was quite entertaining...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I'm a fan of goat's milk, and especially goat's milk cheese. We have a lot varieties in France.

When I was 14 years old, I spent a whole summer looking after a little herd of goats in the Cévennes. Each morning, we had to milk some of them, it was quite entertaining...
    "A nice goat cheese would top that off well. The French word for that is "chèvre." They crack me up. They still had to milk a goat."
    --Christopher Walken
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    "A nice goat cheese would top that off well. The French word for that is "chèvre." They crack me up. They still had to milk a goat."
    --Christopher Walken
    Well, unlike cows, goats are never passive when you try to milk them. Some even have a very bad temper, each animal is unique. That's why I said it was quite... entertaining...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    nightning, do you know anything about Taro (potato milk)? It was recommended to me recently but I can't find it anywhere. Supposedly it's closer to the consistency of real dairy than even soy milk. It would be a good choice for us since we're cutting out all casein (which is in goat milk as well).
    Actually no... this is the first time I've heard about potato milk. The taro I know of is a plant. Chinese eat the root of it. Taro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We definitely don't have potato milk around here. I tried googling taro milk... the only hit I get is taro milk tea... Which is like taro flavored milk tea... you're still using normal cow milk as the base. Yeah I don't know what else it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Well, unlike cows, goats are never passive when you try to milk them. Some even have a very bad temper, each animal is unique. That's why I said it was quite... entertaining...
    Hah! I've never thought about that... sounds like fun