User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default It was just a little nosebleed!

This morning with all the dry winter air my nose started to bleed. It wasn't very much. I got a tissue and threw it out and didn't think much of it. And then I nearly passed out.

I lay down a bit, know I need to get dressed, so I get up, and I nearly pass out again, more nauseated than before.

WTF happened?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Any time you pass out, you should contact your doctor, really. Usually you'll be fine though.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Maybe you're very sensitive to blood loss.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    WTF happened?
    I can't remember for sure if you are female... if so, the most likely answer is that you were anemic... actually, that's probably true if you are male too, in terms of what is likely. Or, in other words, you lost more blood than you should of. If you didn't have it for long - it's hard to tell if it was draining down the back of your throat - then that is still what I would guess.

In general, have some iron and some sugar... if it happens again, even slightly, see a doctor.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    This morning with all the dry winter air my nose started to bleed. It wasn't very much. I got a tissue and threw it out and didn't think much of it. And then I nearly passed out.

I lay down a bit, know I need to get dressed, so I get up, and I nearly pass out again, more nauseated than before.

WTF happened?
    Sounds to me like you might have just been affected by the site of the blood, consciously or not. The only reason I say this is that one time I got a blood test when I was in my mid-twenties as part of my annual physical. I have no issue with bloodwork, but this time when it was all over I was about to get up and the nurse said "Hey there, could you please stay seated for a minute." As I said "Of course.." I began to feel really light headed, I broke out into a cold sweat and my entire shirt was soaked through. I was told that I was white in the face, but I did not blackout, I just got really dizzy. I sat there for a few and then they let me go.

What do you think?

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Sounds to me like you might have just been affected by the site of the blood, consciously or not. The only reason I say this is that one time I got a blood test when I was in my mid-twenties as part of my annual physical. I have no issue with bloodwork, but this time when it was all over I was about to get up and the nurse said "Hey there, could you please stay seated for a minute." As I said "Of course.." I began to feel really light headed, I broke out into a cold sweat and my entire shirt was soaked through. I was told that I was white in the face, but I did not blackout, I just got really dizzy. I sat there for a few and then they let me go.

What do you think?
    That happens to me frequently too. Getting blood drawn's not as bad so long as they:
    1. Draw from my right arm (not sure why this is, or maybe it's not significant; just haven't had as many issues when it's drawn from my right arm for some reason)
    2. Make sure I'm looking away from it

I am to the point where I can see the vials briefly afterwards and not freak out, but it's still an issue. Come to think of it, I get to have blood drawn tomorrow morning...
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    That happens to me frequently too. Getting blood drawn's not as bad so long as they:
    1. Draw from my right arm (not sure why this is, or maybe it's not significant; just haven't had as many issues when it's drawn from my right arm for some reason)
    2. Make sure I'm looking away from it

I am to the point where I can see the vials briefly afterwards and not freak out, but it's still an issue. Come to think of it, I get to have blood drawn tomorrow morning...
    Cool, I'm not the only one...
    Good luck tomorrow, you'll be fine.

MBTI
    yupp

yeah go to the doctor if you're really worried, especially since it was just a nosebleed. and really can't look while drawing blood? I have to look.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

o-o I have to say I cannot empathize with the blood thing. Seeing blood doesn't bother me in the least.

More importantly, what I was about to say was already mentioned by Daffy Duck. If you're not sure if you're anemic or not, sometimes it helps, but it could have been simply that you were dehydrated.

Nose bleeds happened to me often when I was out in the sun too long and I didn't realize I wasn't taking in enough water. Dehydration over a period of time would definitely also cause it.

My non-scientific theory is that you were dehydrated, a bit deficient in nutrients your body craves, and it sorta hit you at once.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    istp

if it really concerns you, id go talk to a doctor as most of the people on here are not likely to be qualified to comment