User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It was just a little nosebleed!

Listen to the ISTP.

I have a very 'hale and hearty' constitution so it perturbed me when I started getting nose bleeds in late highschool/college.

It turned out it was a sinus/tooth issue and it worked it's way out.

The first dentist I asked (I hate dentists, btw and listen to my own body) told me it was because of the cold air -- though I had never heard of that before nor experienced it.

So it could really be for a variety of reasons - go to a doctor and leave no stone unturned! I find MDs can have a very laissez-faire attitude when it comes to seeming 'common' occurrences like nosebleeds, stomache aches, etc. even though they aren't (or shouldn't be) common, for you, the patient.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar

I think this winter's taking it's toll on me, too..I've been getting sick a lot, latetly..

Let's see- I had an middle ear infection for a week or so, which messed up the pressures in my head so I felt lightheaded and dizzy for a while..but it went away without a visit to the doctors..

Now, I have a sinus infection, which has left me with dizziness and lightheadedness again, and headcahes, and blah! I can't wait until spring comes, a new beginning to feel refreshed..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    One sx/sp

It slightly bothers me that Haphazard hasn't posted anything since this.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It slightly bothers me that Haphazard hasn't posted anything since this.
    HAHA! Very strong point. I guess I shouldn't laugh though, considering its implications.

During winter races I've seen people get nosebleeds.. or if you happen to be running alongside someone who likes to share too much... quite a few people get bloody stools after a certain distance... gross. Anyway, the ones who pass out from the various blood issues just have that reaction to blood. I've heard it's genetic? I'm fine with other people bleeding... and actually used to like getting my blood drawn, but lately I've had trouble staying conscious when I donate. My uncle is reallllyyy bad, as in, passes-out-in-gory-movies-bad. It could be so many different things... my dad gets sinus infections that cause nosebleeds all of the time... but like others mentioned, it's probably best to get it checked out by someone who knows what they're doing and be aware of any other potential symptoms. I freak out over everything and go to webmd and other "symptom checker" websites quite often. Even if it turns out to be nothing... I've learned about so many other things that could kill me. It's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

heart on fire Array

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    if it really concerns you, id go talk to a doctor as most of the people on here are not likely to be qualified to comment