User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    What's the significant difference betwen achieving a desired level of neural activity through proximal stimulii factors (drugs, excercise) versus distall sitmulii (people, scenery, prayer)? especially if you concede that it's all "mental/emotional" anyway... what's the big deal between using a chemical as a crutch vs. using personal interaction as a crutch? sounds like a bias to me.
    It is biased. It's an opinion. The idea of being dependent on any substance is a weakness as far as I'm concerned.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It is biased. It's an opinion. The idea of being dependent on any substance is a weakness as far as I'm concerned.
    And being dependant on people to be happy isn't a weakness? (saying it's "normal" doesn't negate that it's a weakness, BTW)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

And being dependant on people to be happy isn't a weakness? (saying it's "normal" doesn't negate that it's a weakness, BTW)
    Am I weak because I need water to survive? That's not much different than what you're saying. Humans are a social species. Humans, as a species, don't need drugs to survive, only a subset of the species requires them (or at least believes they do).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    You can take this question in any sense you wish, but about all psycho-actives collectively.

Drugs have certainly had a big effect on human history--economically, politically, artistically. Lives have been lost over them, lives have been changed by them. Is it arguable that drugs may have been a positive experience in the long run, in that they teach us something about ourselves?
    Drugs don't kill people, people kill people.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Am I weak because I need water to survive? That's not much different than what you're saying. Humans are a social species. Humans, as a species, don't need drugs to survive, only a subset of the species requires them (or at least believes they do).
    Yes, you are weak. You are dependant. My point here is that it's an insignificant claim to say "You're weak because you need beer to loosen up"... because you're basically saying, as you adequately put, that the person is human.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Yes, you are weak. You are dependant. My point here is that it's an insignificant claim to say "You're weak because you need beer to loosen up"... because you're basically saying, as you adequately put, that the person is human.
    I'm no more dependent than other homo sapiens, which is fine with me. You are more dependent. You have less control.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

If you want my young, uneducated, 16 year old point of point of veiw, and one who has never tried any drug, I would like to say that I think that drugs can be okay for people, as they can help the mind, and like a lot of things, they do have effects on the body, obviously. I think that most commonly is that people take them too much, and too far, and can be put into a dangerous sense of mind. It's kind of contradicting, whether they are good or bad, but as for your mind and life experiences, I think the more stuff you try or do in life, the good and the bad, has, generally, grants you wisdom and knowledge, if that makes any sense at all..after all, I know nothing of drugs or addiction, so I can't put in an educated statement. My comments are directly in a general way, that the more you try, the better off you are, which is my mindset, but too much of anything is bad.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Drugs are bad, m'kay?
    Actually, I think drugs are fine. Most of them are very beneficial to mankind.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

You consider vaccines to be drugs?
    Yes, who doesn't?

Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia