User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Are you also talking about antipsychotic drugs, Maabus, or only recreational drugs?
    dictionary.com's definition

psychoactive. adjective: of or pertaining to a substance having a profound or significant effect on mental processes: a psychoactive drug.

So basically, all the fun ones.

Bah, start of the new page, people aren't going to see my other post. *shakes fist at default 10 reply status*

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    INTJ

Are you also talking about antipsychotic drugs, Maabus, or only recreational drugs?
    I was mainly going with recreational drugs as it is a willpower issue there.

Antipsychotic drugs is a bit different. I personally don't like anything that changes your brain chemistry in anyway (I'm a brain guy, keep it natural!). In some ways I agree with the Scientoligists that we are over drugging our youths for mental disorders. However, for people with 'unlivable" conditions, then yes, drugs are useful.

I guess that is my bottom line with drugs with the unlivable caveat.

MBTI
    INFP

The most damaging drug to our society is by far beverage alcohol. Quick googles will prove my statement. It is to account for about seventy percent of all divorces, auto deaths, violent acts, incarcerations.

Is that a "soft" drug?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFJ

All psychoactives.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    INTJ

The most damaging drug to our society is by far beverage alcohol. Quick googles will prove my statement. It is to account for about seventy percent of all divorces, auto deaths, violent acts, incarcerations.

Is that a "soft" drug?
    I included alcohol with my view.

Anything can be abused and alcohol is no different. However the choice to get drunk is a willpower issue (to the point where you no longer have willpower from the alcohol).

However should it be banned from responsible users? It is sorta how I see drugs in general. Problem is at the same time I agree with you, being human means irresponsibility, so the corundum exists.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Is that a "soft" drug?
    Don't make them question their outmoded ideals of what a "drug" is, you'll challenge their worldview and get defensive ~

You can get piles of hashish at the restaurants in India, and that doesn't ruin any families there. Alcohol, which is illegal there, does however. Maybe it's not the drugs that are doing all that damage to our families and youth.....

Naw, it's gotta be the drugs :p

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Don't make them question their outmoded ideals of what a "drug" is, you'll challenge their worldview and get defensive ~

You can get piles of hashish at the restaurants in India, and that doesn't ruin any families there. Alcohol, which is illegal there, does however. Maybe it's not the drugs that are doing all that damage to our families and youth.....

Naw, it's gotta be the drugs :p
    Can't resist, here.

No, it actually enhances family life in India where they still burn widows. They just send em on their toasty way full of hashish. Family problem of supporting an extra woman solved. Heh.

Apologies to OP for derailing.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Family problem of supporting an extra woman solved. Heh.
    Culture bias alert!! :p

MBTI
    INFP

Sexist too. (Oh thit! I was worried about that.)

*Packs suitcase and prepares to hitch a ride with Jack.*

MBTI
    ISFJ

Drugs are fun. Much like other fun things, whether it's good or bad depends on whom and when you ask.

Is the questions about drugs' impact on society (as opposed to individual people) ?