User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default Surviving on less sleep?

Is it possible to train your body to require less sleep than what it currently requires, and would doing so be in anyway detrimental to your health?

I am finding that I never have enough time in a day to do all the things I enjoy/need to do do, and it frustrates me that my body fails to keep up at times because it needs sleep.

Also knowing that I am sleeping away half of my alloted time on this planet bugs the hell out of me.

Currently 6-7 hours of sleep makes me feel rejuvinated, but I often grab about 3 hours of sleep when I really try to push it, sometimes I feel alert after such a small amount of sleep, but sometimes I am still unbelievably tired.

So do you think it's possible, is it bad for your health, have you trained your body to require less sleep?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

My sleep schedule is all off I stay up too late and end up taking naps at weird times of the day. I know it works for some naturally-needing-sleep people, I think they are just strung up on caffeine and are always tired.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    My sleep schedule is all off I stay up too late and end up taking naps at weird times of the day. I know it works for some naturally-needing-sleep people, I think they are just strung up on caffeine and are always tired.
    I'm sure I've run across people who claim they only need a couple hours sleep a night, it's just at the time I wasn't interested so didn't really digest any of the information lol, but they didn't appear tired or strung up on caffeine.

Then again they could have cracked by now so who knows.

MBTI
    yupp

I can survive on 3 hours of sleep but i eventually crash. the longest I've been awake was a week i finally took some sleeping pills.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp

u get used to it

but u do notice urself starting to get unhealthier slightly

i noticed more drier skin, more tired look on my face, and looking older...

then when i get a grip of sleep, its back to normal. but then again, it might also be because i started working out consistently this week...

but yeah, i tend to go in cycles. get little sleep for periods of time, like 3-5 hours of sleep, then lately this past week, been averaging 8 hours of sleep a day.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I can survive on 3 hours of sleep but i eventually crash. the longest I've been awake was a week i finally took some sleeping pills.
    Wow, most I have ever stayed awake was 4 days, and that was in my teenage years and a very long raving weekend, I was shattered afterwards and slept for over 24 hours.

Ideally I want to get to a stage where my regular sleep pattern is 3 hours max, that way I could get more done.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    u get used to it

but u do notice urself starting to get unhealthier slightly

i noticed more drier skin
    , more tired look on my face, and looking older...

then when i get a grip of sleep, its back to normal. but then again, it might also be because i started working out consistently this week...

but yeah, i tend to go in cycles. get little sleep for periods of time, like 3-5 hours of sleep, then lately this past week, been averaging 8 hours of sleep a day.
    I noticed that too, but I figured it was just age catching up on me.

MBTI
    ENFj

I need at least 7 hours of sleep if not I feel extremely anxious as well as tired. It also doesn't help that I have sleeping problems I go to the gym and weak up murdered the next day. So at least for me I can't do it, if you can than god bless you you are a better person than me.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Get your body used to sleeping at the same intervals.

It's better to go to sleep at 11.30 and wake up at 6.00, than sleep at 10-12 and wake up at 6-7.

If your body gets used to the idea that it's going to bed at that and that hour and wake up at that and that hour. It tends to get the most of the sleep.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    I need at least 7 hours of sleep if not I feel extremely anxious as well as tired. It also doesn't help that I have sleeping problems I go to the gym and weak up murdered the next day. So at least for me I can't do it, if you can than god bless you you are a better person than me.
    When I was going to the gym a few months back, I found I slept better and felt better the next day, even if it was that I was still stuck on the whole 6-7 hours of sleep need thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darjur View Post
    Get your body used to sleeping at the same intervals.

It's better to go to sleep at 11.30 and wake up at 6.00, than sleep at 10-12 and wake up at 6-7.

If your body gets used to the idea that it's going to bed at that and that hour and wake up at that and that hour. It tends to get the most of the sleep.
    So it won't be in anyway detrimental to a persons health to train their body to require less sleep?

The interval thing sounds like the way I would have gone about it, so I;m set to try anyway.