User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default The 'Fast Feeling'...

Okay, ever since I was little I've gotten these episodes where my space/time perception gets altered. The best way to describe it is that everything feels like it's going super-fast around you, even your thoughts feel like their speeding up. You also feel like you have a heightened sensing perception, you notice every minute noise and movement outside of yourself, of your body and even the activity in your mind. It's kinda like a scene from the Matrix!

I found some other people get the same thing and they can describe it a lot better than I can, here...

unusual 'fast feeling' in my head >> Medical Questions, Weight Loss, Pregnancy, Drugs, Health Insurance

I was wondering if anyone actually gets this feeling too, and whether it is correlated with type or not. Maybe intuition? I have a theory that it occurs as a unconscious compensation of not usually noticing the detailed sensation of everyday life. Jung does mention that when we suppress our inferior functions they can come out in an extreme uncontrollable manner. Like these 'fast' episodes that are completely out of my control. It seems to happen when I've 'been in my head' a lot.
    Last edited by SilentStream; 01-21-2009 at 09:47 PM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

whoa...i've never heard anyone else say that...and it kinda trips me out so i've never mentioned it before...didn't know how to describe it anyway....but it's happened since i was little...and it happens very rarely now but still does sometimes...and not for long and after i'm just left wondering WTF? i don't get it.

is this the same link...cuz yours isn't working
    unusual 'fast feeling' in my head >> Medical Questions, Weight Loss, Pregnancy, Drugs, Health Insurance
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah I know it's soooo weird, I don't get it as much as I used to when I was younger either. I'm glad there are others that get it too, I was half expecting people to go what the hell?? when I posted this .

Oh, yeah sorry, the link should be working now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...like you're processing information on fast forward but you're aware that it's just in your head and it only lasts a couple min or so at a time...how weird!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison