User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INTx

I've never fasted or cleansed, and don't see any reason to do so. Or at least no biological reason. I guess there could see spiritual perks.

The more moderate option of making healthy eating decisions sounds much more beneficial in the long run.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Eating is probably my favorite activity, the thought of fasting baffles me, makes me nervous and anxious even. I don't know how it would be possible.

As far as cleansing goes, i would assume that a diet high in fiber would do the trick. I don't understand these feelings of the body not feeling "clean". I've never even heard of this until now. My body always feels just fine, and feels the best after a nice big meal. I don't need a body douche to make me feel better.

INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ESFJ

About 3 or 4 times a year, I don't eat for 24+ hours.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    GONE

I have, I've done the maple syrup cleanse (of Beyonce's 'Dream Girls' crash diet fame) 2x. The first time I also did those foot pads that absorb toxins through your feet. Blech. I also did a lot of Bikram (heated) yoga.

The second time, I didn't drink nearly enough fluids and I felt like crap. I was cold all the time. I literally slept more than 12 hours a day and I needed a tow truck to get myself out of bed and make it to class.

I did the fast both times because I like the idea of getting 'toxins' out of your body and mind and getting a fresh start. But it was also the jump start of a 'life style change' which is a thinly veiled euphemism for [crash] diet. Not good.

Fasts can be helpful but I think often people go overboard or do it for unrealistic or misguided reasons. You can do an Oprah 'healthy food fast' which basically means cutting out sugars, caffeine, and animal fats and products and preservatives.

Water is nature's best "cleanser"

I am an all or nothing person which is not good. I don't think I'll fast again for a while.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    You can do an Oprah 'healthy food fast' which basically means cutting out sugars, caffeine, and animal fats and products and preservatives.
    This is the sort of thing that's funny to me -- that eating healthy and trying to cut out a lot of that stuff is labeled by some as 'fasting'. Why?

I've joked with my friends on occasion that a lot of people in America would probably think I'm on a perpetual diet because I DO eat healthy, I don't snack, etc etc. And for all intents and purposes I eat like a lot of people who are on diets probably eat. It's a lifestyle thing though.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Enneagram
    9w8

Personally I would be unable to fast because I have very squirrelly blood sugar and normally eat (as cascade mentioned) in a manner many would consider "dieting" just because I have done so for years and it feels a lot better, body-wise. I tend to eat smaller meals more frequently (keeps bloody sugar more consistent, which I need) and have not had soda, candy, or fast food since I was... thirteen?

I have dessert and really tasty dishes (creme brulee, for example) whenever I want to - but it's very rare that I actually do. I never want the fake "food", though... after a while, my taste buds attuned themselves back to actual food, meaning that manufactured crap tasted far too sweet when strawberries taste perfect, a normal-sized soda would quite possibly make me throw up due to sugar content, and I can taste the unnecessary chemicals and additives in processed food.

Oh, right-o, back on topic - I can't fast because I get light headed, irritable and nauseous after not eating for five or so hours, let alone a full 24.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    Eating is probably my favorite activity, the thought of fasting baffles me, makes me nervous and anxious even. I don't know how it would be possible.

As far as cleansing goes, i would assume that a diet high in fiber would do the trick. I don't understand these feelings of the body not feeling "clean". I've never even heard of this until now. My body always feels just fine, and feels the best after a nice big meal. I don't need a body douche to make me feel better.

Ha!
    +1
    Probably because I tend to eat healthy, by choice. Junk food tastes like, well, junk.

{And my classification of "junk" is pretty wide}
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ISFP

Honey, if the girl in the pic is really you, no offense but you're skinny already.

Do you fast or cleanse (regularly, for religious purposes, randomly, even for blood tests, at any time/for any reason)? No

What do you consume when you cleanse (some people only consume liquids, etc.)?Vegetables and fruits

Have you completed any sort of cleanse that did not compromise your consciousness? None

Do you think that there are benefits to cleansing/fasting? Depends upon why someone is doing it

Do you notice any changes in your thinking (do you find that you are more clearheaded, etc.) when you fast/cleanse?I feel nauseated and my environment goes white, literally.