User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Seriously, I am not sure how you guys do it, its hard for me to control what I eat sometimes. I don't think I can go cokmpletely vegan and the OP sounds scary, I mean passing out?
    Yeah.... I occassionally get a little extreme (the idea of restrictive fasting, etc.)... and as far as the passing out... well, I took the advice of my (especially odd) raw food friend... who... well, he was voted "Greenest person in Sacramento" and I'm starting to get the impression that he cares more about the environment and animals than he does himself/humans. On a random note, when we went on a walk... he started picking fruit from random front yards and eating it (I don't know- I thought that was.. different)... and we had to avoid all streets with overhead power lines and running cars... or he would refuse to go forward. hahahaha
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Ideally I'll be the woman

MBTI
    ENFj

Your friend sounds...well....."interesting". I think I will stick to eating T-bone steak god knows my body doesn't need any more abuse. On the other hand does anyone know a good/safe/sane way to detox your body without the side effects of passing out and potentially calling 911?
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Some people at work are doing a detox at the moment, they haven’t eaten for 4 days, all they’re having is some weird concoction from what looks like an olive oil tin with freshly squeezed lemons and water. They keep saying how hungry they are. I don’t get it. I like eating.

Last time they did it to help quit smoking. Think they decided over a ciggy to give it another go

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Some people at work are doing a detox at the moment, they haven’t eaten for 4 days, all they’re having is some weird concoction from what looks like an olive oil tin with freshly squeezed lemons and water. They keep saying how hungry they are. I don’t get it. I like eating.

Last time they did it to help quit smoking. Think they decided over a ciggy to give it another go
    lol I think that would make a good "The Office" episode.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Ideally I'll be the woman

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I believe that's our liver's job - to cleanse, detox etc, so I don't think going on a 'special' diet is really that beneficial. I doubt any of these diets have been scientifically proven - just a craze thats been going on for a number of years. Best advice - eat plenty of vegetables and fruit, wholegrains, legumes daily - there is an abundance of good scientific evidence out there in support of this.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Darjur View Post
    Prolonged in this case means less than a day. After a day without a sufficient amount of calories, your body thinks that it is starving.

If you want to "clean" your body. Start a highly varied 1850-2350 kcal diet filled with complex carbohydrates, highly limited amount of saturated fats, high amounts of vitamins and proteins. And for gods sake, don't ignore meat, don't over eat it but don't become a stupid vegan. Seperate all of this into 5-8 small meals.

Oh yes, one more thing. This is an eternal diet, meaning, you do not quit it.
    +10000000000
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

i have to say I fast everytime food is not available to me.

Srsly... I like food. and I like the feeling of food in my tummy. and I like knowing I won't pass out from not eating. Im such a puss when it comes to this.. If my tummy growls, I think my brain is trying to eat itself alive
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

I have fasted before, mostly just because I like experimenting with things. I realized that even though billions of people in the world are hungry, I'd never felt hungry before. Even my coworkers complain that they are "starving" when they haven't eaten in 7 or 8 hours. I never feel hungry. I always eat way before I feel hungry. So, my first and longest fast was 3 full days. I only drank water. It wasn't that bad at all. I felt fine. I think I was starting to feel hungry on the second day. On the third day, I started to feel weak and light-headed so I decided to eat. I ate a double burger in like 10 seconds and it was the most euphoric eating experience of my life!

Other times, it was just to build some discipline and realize that I don't always need to be snacking on something. I frequently go over 12 hours without eating (sleeping, then skipping breakfast) and I don't feel hungry whatsoever.

I think for health reasons, I'd rather just eat healthier foods.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENFP

I have one of these friends too and it is really strange because she won't go near power cables either... She is real extreme with the food side of things too and i can't say she's very healthy as a result!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INXP

I saw this study about a guy who weighed.. I don't remember the number but something like 500lb. Back in the 60's he agreed to be starved down on weight, and they gave him just vitamins and water.

I think it was two years before he "needed" to eat again, and had lost 300lb or so in the process. Fat is designed to be a food source when we are in a famine period.