• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you eat organic foods?

Do you eat organic foods?

• yes

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • no

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • what's organic?

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I try not to, because I hate hippies, and they smile at me if I buy something "organic."

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
No, not really, Falcarius feels bad about eating those plastic genetically modified inorganic Jurassic Park Pack foods from the toy store food store, as they are rather horrid tasting. Apparently, all the humans love them. Joking aside, if I had the money I would more often.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I try not to, because I hate hippies, and they smile at me if I buy something "organic."

Gives Jack her bestest hippy smile. :smile:

And then just one more for good measure. :smile:

Then a couple more for gluttony's sake.:smile::smile:

V

violaine

For those who do, can I ask a supplementary question. Why?

Sure. I'm interested in being as healthy as I can be, always have been. I like feeling good and I don't if I eat junk. I don't like eating heavily processed food either. I want to decide what I put into my body, not just whatever happens to be at the corner store. It's easy enough for me to buy alternatives to that.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't go out of my way to eat or buy organic but I won't say no if it's offered to me.

Works

MBTI Type
INTP
I am more concerned with trying to eat local which is hard during the winter and the farmer's markets are closed. I don't know how to can my own stuff or else I suppose I could do that. Once I buy a house, I'd like to have a nice little garden so I can have fresh produce.

"Organic" food is often times just a selling point and has its own set of baggage and problems.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I buy the organic/hormone free meat products and dairy. Some of the fresh veggies I buy are organic, others not. Fruits I typically do not go organic, and I don't bother with breads/pastas/other stuff either. It's too expensive to go 100% organic, and I don't know that it's that necessary.

And in general I avoid buying a whole lot of processed/prepackaged food. Just my personal taste these days - wanting to go more natural and eat healthier.

MBTI Type
INTJ
No. I feel like I'm being conned if I pay a premium for organic foods. I feel it's analogous to buying carbon credits - It makes you feel good for doing it more than it provides any tangible benefit.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I like to, when I can. But I would never be rigid about it. When there comes a point where food is ruling my life, it's gone too far.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
No. I feel like I'm being conned if I pay a premium for organic foods. I feel it's analogous to buying carbon credits - It makes you feel good for doing it more than it provides any tangible benefit.
Exactly. There is not enough of a difference to make it worthwhile to me.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Now I'm giggling. That ^ sentence sure calls up a mind picture. . .

lane777

nevermore
It's only 100% organic if it's USDA approved. Any other form of certification cannot be trusted. I strive for organic in the winter months, but in the summer I choose locally grown produce over even USDA organic from the stores, because any fresh food brought over the border is radiated.

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram
Sure. I'm interested in being as healthy as I can be, always have been. I like feeling good and I don't if I eat junk. I don't like eating heavily processed food either. I want to decide what I put into my body, not just whatever happens to be at the corner store. It's easy enough for me to buy alternatives to that.

Yes, I agree 100%.

What are organic foods?

"Organic foods are made according to certain production standards, meaning they are grown without the use of conventional pesticides and artificial fertilizers, free from contamination by human or industrial waste, and processed without ionizing radiation or food additives. If livestock are involved, they must be reared without the routine use of antibiotics and without the use of growth hormones, and generally fed a healthy diet. In most countries, organic produce may not be genetically modified."

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
"Organic foods are made according to certain production standards, meaning they are grown without the use of conventional pesticides and artificial fertilizers, free from contamination by human or industrial waste, and processed without ionizing radiation or food additives. If livestock are involved, they must be reared without the routine use of antibiotics and without the use of growth hormones, and generally fed a healthy diet. In most countries, organic produce may not be genetically modified."

Ah, thanks. Well then, I'm afraid it's not easy to find organic food where I live. I've never been to concerned about such things. I'm not too concerned with my health either. Which doesn't mean I only eat crap.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I never gave it a lot of thought until I wanted to buy beef from a local organic farm. The taste is ridiculously better. Buying beef in bulk like that is also much cheaper. I get beef, pork and chicken as well as eggs and milk and sometimes butter when they have it. I grow a good sized garden so those chemicals are controlled and have access to tons of locally grown produce. I don't go out of my way to get organic foods in everything I buy but I keep the processed stuff levels down. I also make bread a few times a week. I started that because I do a lower carb thing but it's easy with a bread machine and the variety is endless.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't mind it, but it's not something I specifically seek when buying food.