User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you eat organic foods?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

21 60.00%
  • no

13 37.14%
  • what's organic?

1 2.86%
First 456

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    No. I feel like I'm being conned if I pay a premium for organic foods. I feel it's analogous to buying carbon credits - It makes you feel good for doing it more than it provides any tangible benefit.
    Exactly. There is not enough of a difference to make it worthwhile to me.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I buy the organic/hormone free meat products and dairy.
    This is worth noting, you younger women. All the hormones in the meat products are playing havoc with developing women.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Now I'm giggling. That ^ sentence sure calls up a mind picture. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Can't say I do.

Just get in my belleh!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It's only 100% organic if it's USDA approved. Any other form of certification cannot be trusted. I strive for organic in the winter months, but in the summer I choose locally grown produce over even USDA organic from the stores, because any fresh food brought over the border is radiated.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    ISFJ

What are organic foods?

MBTI
    istj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Sure. I'm interested in being as healthy as I can be, always have been. I like feeling good and I don't if I eat junk. I don't like eating heavily processed food either. I want to decide what I put into my body, not just whatever happens to be at the corner store. It's easy enough for me to buy alternatives to that.
    Yes, I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    What are organic foods?
    "Organic foods are made according to certain production standards, meaning they are grown without the use of conventional pesticides and artificial fertilizers, free from contamination by human or industrial waste, and processed without ionizing radiation or food additives. If livestock are involved, they must be reared without the routine use of antibiotics and without the use of growth hormones, and generally fed a healthy diet. In most countries, organic produce may not be genetically modified."

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Justin V View Post
    "Organic foods are made according to certain production standards, meaning they are grown without the use of conventional pesticides and artificial fertilizers, free from contamination by human or industrial waste, and processed without ionizing radiation or food additives. If livestock are involved, they must be reared without the routine use of antibiotics and without the use of growth hormones, and generally fed a healthy diet. In most countries, organic produce may not be genetically modified."
    Ah, thanks. Well then, I'm afraid it's not easy to find organic food where I live. I've never been to concerned about such things. I'm not too concerned with my health either. Which doesn't mean I only eat crap.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I never gave it a lot of thought until I wanted to buy beef from a local organic farm. The taste is ridiculously better. Buying beef in bulk like that is also much cheaper. I get beef, pork and chicken as well as eggs and milk and sometimes butter when they have it. I grow a good sized garden so those chemicals are controlled and have access to tons of locally grown produce. I don't go out of my way to get organic foods in everything I buy but I keep the processed stuff levels down. I also make bread a few times a week. I started that because I do a lower carb thing but it's easy with a bread machine and the variety is endless.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.