User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you eat organic foods?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

21 60.00%
  • no

13 37.14%
  • what's organic?

1 2.86%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I'm with Cze Cze on the aspects of a rigid lifestyle. It causes disruption in any number of ways. I try to eat homegrown fruits and vegetables whenever possible. Buy locally. Try to avoid items which have preservatives or other chemicals in them. (Most household tasks can be accomplished with vinegar, bleach, other common substances.)

But I'm not a slave to the habit. It cracks me up when I see people in the supermarkets turning a quick job into an afternoon's work fussing over ingredients and process. As mentoned, it's nearly unavoidable to come into contact with any number of unhealthy things.

And, as a hostess, I find it aggravating to host a number of people who have to make a big deal out of what they will and won't eat. This number is on the rise and they can be pretty militant about it. Puhleeze. When I'm invited somewhere I eat what looks most healthy to me and sometimes I splurge and eat something which isn't. But I find it uneccessary to go into a dissertation about my special needs. Or to put my hostess through the third degree about her cooking ingredients or methods.

When I host I try to provide a large variety of sugar-free items and other healthy foods mixed in with the all-kindsa-stuff-that's-not-good-for-you-but-great-to-eat stuff.
    doesn't stress cause health problems as well? I mean if you're going to stress yourself out about being healthy is really doing any good. I mean don't beat yourself up because you did something unhealthy, it's called life and it's meant to be enjoyed. And we aren't meant to live forever.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    GONE

"Being healthy" can be a militant thing. It takes a strong J to do it.

Did you ever see the wife swap episode where the vegan mom switches with the Creole bayou family? The alligator raising family was so much more in touch with the land, with their home, so much more sensible and empathetic about where people come from, more relaxed and happy -- it was really highlighting how close-minded, rigid, controlling, self-focused, and self-righteous the CA hippie mom was.

All that ^^ is partially why Rachel Ray and some other gurus are popular, their attitude is more relaxed and "anyone can live better".

In the end, people really do just want to enjoy their lives.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

No, as a personal opinion, I don't think it matters, as long as I eat healthy, and excercise, for now, I'm ok. I think it's annoying when a lot of people go organic as a sort of...social occasion. I feel a lot of people fake it..they only do it so they can look good, and stuff like that. I think one should only go organic if they truly believe in it, and look towards the benefits of it. People need to start thinking/feeling as individuals! LIFE IS NOT A SOCIAL OCCASION!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    yupp

what life?! is a social occasion. I'm sorry but it is, for the most part yes it is, if it wasn't then death wouldn't be a big deal. but at the same time, i can see where you're coming from don't do something because everyone else is. I mean I don't know, but it is a social occasion, and that doesn't mean you can't live life as you choose. I can't explain why it is, it just is.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    what life?! is a social occasion. I'm sorry but it is, for the most part yes it is, if it wasn't then death wouldn't be a big deal. but at the same time, i can see where you're coming from don't do something because everyone else is. I mean I don't know, but it is a social occasion, and that doesn't mean you can't live life as you choose. I can't explain why it is, it just is.
    You don't find meaning in life? It's just a social occasion where the most popular, strong, and richest rule? I don't think you undertood what I ment- social occasion as in trends, and whatnot. and if I did understand what I ment, our veiws are highly different.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    yupp

who said i wanted to socializes with the richest and strongest and most popular? it is a social occasion, to me meaning of life is what someone came up with to not off themselves when life gets tough. WHy not think about the people you care about and think about how killing yourself would affect them? I mean I guess you can make your life have meaning but their is no universal meaning to life. except be born and die and that's not even meaning that just is.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Are inorganic substances even edible? I haven't tried to eat any rocks lately.

pwned....

Maybe you should have clarified what you meant by "organic", because everything I consume in my Banquet TV dinners is *gasp* from an ORGANIC ORGANISM OMFG

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    who said i wanted to socializes with the richest and strongest and most popular? it is a social occasion, to me meaning of life is what someone came up with to not off themselves when life gets tough. WHy not think about the people you care about and think about how killing yourself would affect them? I mean I guess you can make your life have meaning but their is no universal meaning to life. except be born and die and that's not even meaning that just is.
    The meaning is what you want it to be..and how can you call it a social occasion? Maybe my definition of a social occasion is different than yours. I know many people picture life as a social occasion, but what I'm getting at is that, life doesn't have any particular meaning, but many meanigs, of how different people veiw it. To say it's a social occasion is basically controdicting itself, or just your personal opinion. What I had ment is that people should stop looking at life as a social occasion..find some meaning in it, because when you just go along following everyone else, don't second guess anything, and don't feel anything, you've lost the soul in life. To some people, that's what they want..and if that's what you want, go for it. It's your meaning.

MBTI
    yupp

I don't go along with everyone else. SHeesh! I also don't rebel either.but its a SOCIAL OCCASION! social occasion does not mean I don't think or feel or blindly follow, but yeah most of life is spent working or going to school and lots of times with people. then even if you're an introvert you probably occasionally go out. You live because you care about someone even if it's just your self. Not because of some lame ass enlightenment, but because life is meant to be enjoyed, their is no heaven no hell no reincarnation to be had. just this life, and I'll be damned if I don't enjoy it fully.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

OK.