User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I haven't lost any weight since before Thanksgiving, but I haven't gained any either. I guess that could be considered success. I'm still feeling good about having a modicum of self-control, I just wish the weight would come off faster.

I did a big-ass produce shopping trip tonight. I find that if I have it, that's what I want to eat. If I don't, I'm liable to fill up on crackers/cheese/whatever. So I splurged on out-of-season fruits and low-cal salad toppings that will make me relish salads.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    isfj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I haven't lost any weight since before Thanksgiving, but I haven't gained any either. I guess that could be considered success. I'm still feeling good about having a modicum of self-control, I just wish the weight would come off faster.

I did a big-ass produce shopping trip tonight. I find that if I have it, that's what I want to eat. If I don't, I'm liable to fill up on crackers/cheese/whatever. So I splurged on out-of-season fruits and low-cal salad toppings that will make me relish salads.
    yeah, it sucks when the scale gets stuck. in my experience, it doesn't last forever, have hope!

i like produce too, especially fruits because they rarely need any prep beyond a good rinse. i splurge on bagged salad so i don't have to deal with much prep when i make one on the way out to work. and i <3 croutons, for extra crunch!
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by oasispaw View Post
    yeah, it sucks when the scale gets stuck. in my experience, it doesn't last forever, have hope!

i like produce too, especially fruits because they rarely need any prep beyond a good rinse. i splurge on bagged salad so i don't have to deal with much prep when i make one on the way out to work. and i <3 croutons, for extra crunch!
    You just have to find something that works for you. My plan with the gym just fell through because it didn't work for me. I'm still working on the strength building. I'm trying just crunches for now, and random walking/jogging just to get activity in. I'm more comfortable with this, though. I'll try to work my way up again. The scale said 208 about 3 weeks ago. I'm back down to 195. Most of that was just water weight from eating whatever the hell I wanted. I feel a lot less bloated now. At 5'9, I think I'm supposed to be around 165-170.

Maybe I can just finish this up this semester and then I don't really have to worry as much anymore. It's not like, "omg, I'm fat, I need to diet." It's just, I started the weight loss process, and even though I've lost over 100 lbs, I want to finish it! God damn J's need for closure.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

It's not like, "omg, I'm fat, I need to diet." It's just, I started the weight loss process, and even though I've lost over 100 lbs, I want to finish it! God damn J's need for closure.[/QUOTE]
    100 lbs, wow. *suddently looking at you with a fresh eye*

I was wondering why you were so freaking wierd. Years of inhibition. Yay, there's still hope to turn you into a womanizer

Tell me your story dude. I'm genuinely interested.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INFP

We need some Before pictures*. So we can all coo in awe at the After^ pictures.

*extend gut, slouch, look unhappy
    ^suck in gut, erect posture, look thrilled, cultivate tan, oil self

MBTI
    LoLz

I posted the pictures in the picture thread. Let me dig them up. Uhh. For the story? I'll get on that later if my OP didn't explain it enough.

Here's an old picture of me. This was taken in...September of '06?

I think this one was taken sometime this Summer. April, May, June, July, August...ish

MBTI
    INFP

Coo!

MBTI
    ENFj

Dude, hell of job! Keep it up, soon you will have girls melting in your hands. Now I need to go to the gym and pump some iron....
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    It's not like, "omg, I'm fat, I need to diet." It's just, I started the weight loss process, and even though I've lost over 100 lbs, I want to finish it! God damn J's need for closure.
    100 lbs, wow. *suddently looking at you with a fresh eye*

I was wondering why you were so freaking wierd. Years of inhibition. Yay, there's still hope to turn you into a womanizer

Tell me your story dude. I'm genuinely interested.
    Freakin weird? o_O

Uhh. I was in a depression for 6 1/2 years. I spent the entire time in my room, completely inactive. It was from 14-20 years old. I went up to 340 lbs at one point a few years ago. I got down to 300 after getting a part time job. I had become a Diabetic, and my doctor told me to get a grip on my weight or he was putting me on insulin. I was taking 3 pills a day at the time. So, I followed Weight Watchers, and...that's it. It really just gave me a way to calculate everything.

Like I said, I'm 195 right now. Before the depression, when I was in middle school, I weighed 225. So, that's cool being 30 lbs lighter right now than I was in middle school.

MBTI
    isfj

OH MY GOD!

dude, the transformation is amazing. kickass job!
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.