User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado44 View Post
    It works....but I like your idea of extending it a little:

High-intensity interval training - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Oh yeah, it's the same idea. Great thing about them is you can adapt them. Only got 20 minutes for a run? More sprinting, less distance. Got an hour? Spread it out a bit. Plus I think they're more fun.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Exactly. I'm going to work your idea into my regiment...I like that idea....it speaks to me....and I would like to dump another 5 lbs. or so....its all on the abdomen....
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

MBTI
    isfj

i used weight watchers online to help lose 35 pounds. i worked out at home using a pilates video, a yoga video and an exercise ball video. i also used some hand weights with the exercise ball video. i lost the last five pounds incidentally when i sold my car and had to carry my 30 pound toddler for just under a mile (from the bus stop to daycare and back) five days a week. my arms got pretty toned from that, and that's crazy because chubby upper-arms run in my family.

i am not currently working out because i walk s'damn much and my apartment is much too small to support such activities. i do plan on getting back into yoga once i have more room to breath.

great job on your accomplishments!
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by oasispaw View Post
    i used weight watchers online to help lose 35 pounds. i worked out at home using a pilates video, a yoga video and an exercise ball video. i also used some hand weights with the exercise ball video. i lost the last five pounds incidentally when i sold my car and had to carry my 30 pound toddler for just under a mile (from the bus stop to daycare and back) five days a week. my arms got pretty toned from that, and that's crazy because chubby upper-arms run in my family.

i am not currently working out because i walk s'damn much and my apartment is much too small to support such activities. i do plan on getting back into yoga once i have more room to breath.

great job on your accomplishments!
    Way to go oasispaw....that is a heck of an accomplishment. Kep it up....its interesting that when life throws you problems, something else works its way into shape.

I've found when I'm broke....I get in better shape.
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

yes sorry let me clear up what i meant by long distance running... if you do it all the time, of course your going to loose weight, but you will not gain strength (except for the fact that you can fun far) gain muscle (which technically is weight) and you will be, as mentioned above quite skinny, but not necessarily nicely toned. i think that running long distances mixed with short sprints is the ultimate way to cut fat and gain muscle, though really you will cut fat and up your metabolism quicker with sprints. on a side note running long distances increases serotonine (<--sp) in the brain.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I tried to get into running a little while ago, but I think I'm still too heavy. It was hell on my knees & ankles. So for now I'm sticking with brisk walking and the occasional video when it's gross outside. My midwife told me to get a set of 5lb weights and add some upper body strengthening crap to my routine, which I think I will do. After Christmas.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I tried to get into running a little while ago, but I think I'm still too heavy. It was hell on my knees & ankles. So for now I'm sticking with brisk walking and the occasional video when it's gross outside. My midwife told me to get a set of 5lb weights and add some upper body strengthening crap to my routine, which I think I will do. After Christmas.
    Don't run if you're well overweight...it IS hard on the joints! Concentrate on walking....cut those calories and walk everyday....you will get there!!

MBTI
    LoLz

I just needed to get some time away from school to realize where my priorities really needed to be. I'm hoping to unfuck a little bit before the spring semester starts on the 7th. I don't want to get well on my way, but at least get rid of this water weight from being so out of control.

MBTI
    ENFj

Well I am trying my best to lose weight myself, right now I am 6'2 and weight 204 pounds (meaning I recently gained 5 lbs :/ FUCK!!!) anyways I have something like 18% body fat and I am trying to lose it too I was looking at this:

HOW TO GET SIX PACK ABS IN 16 WEEKS - Six Pack Abs Workout Routine

Looks interesting actually, I know that my biggest issue is eating properly. I NEED to get that under control.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    isfj

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado44 View Post
    Way to go oasispaw....that is a heck of an accomplishment. Kep it up....its interesting that when life throws you problems, something else works its way into shape.

I've found when I'm broke....I get in better shape.
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    i suck at running. and little weights are totally badical.

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I just needed to get some time away from school to realize where my priorities really needed to be. I'm hoping to unfuck a little bit before the spring semester starts on the 7th. I don't want to get well on my way, but at least get rid of this water weight from being so out of control.
    how's it going after the holidays, everyone??????

i went back to oatmeal for breakfast, yogurt and fruit for snacks, soup for lunch and random dinner. and lots of water! and i'm still walking a total of about 1 mile everyday, more if i have to run work errands like going to the post office or bank.
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.