First 1234 Last

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Gee, congratulations, raz1337! You did an awesome job there! =)

Tho, unfortunately I can't help you too much, since I know how hard it is to stay motivated. Kinda have the same problem. Still, I really hope you can do it. >,<
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    i should be lol. no i just go to the gym 5 days a week and am a freak about what i eat. my mom is a nutritionist. the neurological benefits to eating health are way to good for me to eat crap like fast food lol.
    Pray tell.

Oh and have you designed an ENFP wokout yet? I'm in need to lose a few pounds myself. Gaining some stomach fat.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Fast.

It's why I do.
    I mean no for losing weight -- I couldn't gain if I tried. I know because I have tried.

Lock yourself in a room and don't do anything else till you get it right.
    Works for my guitar playing, and it ought to work for weight loss.
    It will hurt, and you'll be angry and probably bored for however long, but those strings grind the hell out of my fingers, and I have to stop when I start bleeding from my fingernails... damned bends.... but when they stop, I rest for a bit and just think about what I'm doing wrong till they won't bleed when I start back up.

It'll suck but it works. And you won't care about how much it sucked once you've got it.
    we fukin won boys

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I spent more than 7 hours playing last night.
    I was recording. I threw it all away because it wasn't good enough. I only stopped because everyone else went to sleep and made me stop.
    As soon as I get home from work, I'm playing some more.

Also I recommend having lots of sex. That's a pretty good workout and the reward is instant and long lasting.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    LoLz

It's a lot harder with the holidays. When I was going to the gym, it wasn't that hard to go twice a week. But, once something really personal crept up, I said screw it and I couldn't adapt. So, I intentionally waited until the winter break so I could try to re-align everything without the hindrance of school. I'm more of a person who would go out for a walk on a nature trail than go to a gym.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yeah, a walk on a nature trail isn't likely to tone you up like you say you need, though. Maybe climbing would.

Have you considered getting some freeweights and using them at home? I think this is the only way I'm going to be able to do weights because if it means going somewhere, I'm just not going to be able to keep that up. Maybe if I were extroverted.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Pray tell.

Oh and have you designed an ENFP wokout yet? I'm in need to lose a few pounds myself. Gaining some stomach fat.
    i have a basic ENFP workout finished

technically any type can workout anyway but the workouts i made are so that each type will enjoy the workout they are doing. i do a very SJ workout personally.

and in regards to the neurological benefits... most of what i get is from "The Edge Effect" by Dr. Eric Braverman

like mentioned above (i think)... send PMs
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    well working out is wonderful. running (long distances) is pointless when losing weight. sprinting however is excellent. 20 minutes of springs is = 1 hour of long distance (roughly). jumping rope is also excellent. and of course swimming is excellent. dont waste time on running long distances.
    I've seen people lose plenty of weight by distance running. A 30-something guy joined (with no running experience) the marathon team I was on and lost 35-40 pounds. He also was invited to and completed Western States last year! I think it really depends on your definition of distance running... I agree that the occasional 5-10k won't be of much good (as far as weight loss) especially if the person is "running" a slow mile. Although... our team didn't just run at marathon pace for a few hours... we also incorporated fartleks, sprints, hills, cross training like swimming and cycling... and bizarre exercises our coach discovered at various running seminars. Personally, I wouldn't completely nix distance running... but I'm not a fan of gym machines either.

MBTI
    INTj

Arrow

Yeah. That's silly. Why are all of the marathon runners in the olympics stick thin, but the sprinters are much bulkier? From my experience, distance running is a great way to lose weight. Mixing it with sprinting is even better.

We should start some sort of "MBTI Weekly Health and Fitness Check-in Thread Thingy" where people interested in losing weight or getting healthy can post their progress.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Distance running is better than sprinting because when you do long cardio, you keep burning extra calories for HOURS after you've stopped. Sprinting is for getting your heart rate and respiratory strength up