• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

a gross question

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so i was wondering is possible to die from immodium (anti diaheral meds) lets say you don't have diareahea but you decide to take them anyways would your poop become impacted and cause you to die? or who it just stop working. or what?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I can't imagine something so simple causing death.. but then again, I've heard way sillier and crazier, true though, stories.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
LMFAO!!!! Epic question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want to know where you thought of that. HAHAHAHHAA

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
laying bed last night falling asleep. I was going to post then but i was too lazy, then i forgot about until now. oh and i meant if you did this every day for a month.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
so i was wondering is possible to die from immodium (anti diaheral meds) lets say you don't have diareahea but you decide to take them anyways would your poop become impacted and cause you to die? or who it just stop working. or what?

You would probably form an intestinal blockage or an impacted colon or something similar. There's a lot of room in the large intestine, so it would probably take some time to die that way.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
my guess is you'd become so ill that you'd have to go to the hospital far before you actually died from it

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
but if you lived alone and didn't have a way to get the hospital you would die?

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
but if you lived alone and didn't have a way to get the hospital you would die?

any sort of homeostatic unbalance that is left uncorrected will eventually kill you, yes... in this case probably some sort of infection.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I can't imagine something so simple causing death.. but then again, I've heard way sillier and crazier, true though, stories.
simple things kill people all the time lol though this one would be quite embarrassing and tortuous

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i won't refuse to buy laxitives or immodium out of fear that people are going to interogate me about them

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
laying bed last night falling asleep. I was going to post then but i was too lazy, then i forgot about until now. oh and i meant if you did this every day for a month.

Think about it all you want, but I don't recommend experimentation. Life is quixotically fragile and stranger things have killed people. Besides, it would be a protracted, painful way to go.

creativeRhino

MBTI Type
INTJ
People on morphine for pain have to be monitored for "regularity" because of the risk of bowel blockages (those travel meds that "stop you" are just the same - just no other "pleasant" side effects). If your bowels block there are ways to unblock them (basically using the same thing they use to clean you out for colonoscopies) but if you have real "impacted" stuff then it can be very nasty and can require surgery.

Don't try it at home! :blush:

I have used the "stoppers" 3 times in my life. Your gut goes completely silent/still and then you just wait for it to move again.... the weirdest feeling for me.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
to answer the question in a pseudo-intellectual way, your would dehydrate which would cause an electrolyte imbalance which would lead to cardiac arrest

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Think about it all you want, but I don't recommend experimentation. Life is quixotically fragile and stranger things have killed people. Besides, it would be a protracted, painful way to go.

if i was going to try it, I don't think I would have asked about it, but rather just try it.

O

Oberon

Yes, an impacted colon will kill you dead as a hammer, and it doesn't take years either.

THEANO

MBTI Type
ENFP
why don't you put a cork in your bum for a week and see how it feels? That way you don't have to waste money on medication for your experiment? (ok, you'd need a really big cork with a tight fit, maybe even duct taped so it doesn't become dislodged)