User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Breathing objects?

(Feel free to move if my judgment to post here proves incorrect)

Allow me to elucidate.

I've always seen objects 'breathing' since I was a kid: Scrapes from a plastered wall seem to spiral spiral, internet avatars move about, words calmly breathe. I'm not quite sure what factors may contribute to these symptoms, aside from my only trip with mushrooms a little less than two years ago, but I'm at a loss here. A friend suggested to me that sleep loss may have something to do with it, but these visuals occur even after being fully rested. Has or does anyone else experience this? Thoughts?
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

..I do that thing where when you watch the side of the road and the car stops, the road still looks like it's moving forward. I see little dots raining down slowly like snow if I look up at the sky. On two seperate occasions my eye's swollen a bit from stress, causing a constant blotch in my vision like I looked at a light and it never went away.

Sometimes, I do think things are moving a bit until I focus my eyes and realize their playing tricks on me. I have never heard of this though ^_^ Interesting..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i've had vertigo before...which some of that sounds like and experienced the other but not sober...do you have anxiety?
    i wonder if it could be part of that??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

If I do indeed have Vertigo, objective vertigo describes me pretty well: the perception that your surroundings are moving. Yet I've never experienced the common symptoms associated with Vertigo.

Here's an object that upon first glance, I thought its radiant tendrils were moving and its face fluctuating:

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Here's an object that upon first glance, I thought its radiant tendrils were moving and its face fluctuating:
    I'm curious -- do you like Op art, Noel? I would think that your particular "vertigo" symptoms might enhance the experience of viewing it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I always see objects "breathing" after playing guitar hero.... It is a really strange sensation.. first time it happened I thought I was going crazy! Feels like i'm on acid or something... . I know it happens to a lot of people after playing that game, but I don't know what would cause it if you have it all the time.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by raincrow007 View Post
    I'm curious -- do you like Op art, Noel? I would think that your particular "vertigo" symptoms might enhance the experience of viewing it.
    Magic-Eyes and Optical illusions certainly make my 'condition' seem more justifiable. I do enjoy seeing images within those arts 'play.' Play in the sense that the object exhibits volition. I'm merely a spectator watching it 'perform.'

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I always see objects "breathing" after playing guitar hero.... It is a really strange sensation.. first time it happened I thought I was going crazy! Feels like i'm on acid or something... . I know it happens to a lot of people after playing that game, but I don't know what would cause it if you have it all the time.
    Same here; I wish I knew as well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

I never told people this because I didn't want anyone to think that I lie for fun. This does not happen to me when I am normally functioning and about, it happens when I just sit down and look at something for a few seconds, all of a sudden the image infront of me starts to shift to the right or left and then it starts swirling in itself. I can blink, it goes away for a few seconds and then right back. It is not debilitating but makes me wonder what the hell is going on.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

^(wow this guy is a total liar... he must think we're completely gullable.. swirling objects.... pfffttt....)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    I never told people this because I didn't want anyone to think that I lie for fun. This does not happen to me when I am normally functioning and about, it happens when I just sit down and look at something for a few seconds, all of a sudden the image infront of me starts to shift to the right or left and then it starts swirling in itself. I can blink, it goes away for a few seconds and then right back. It is not debilitating but makes me wonder what the hell is going on.
    You've managed to encapsulate what I was trying to say. Good show.