• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Breathing objects?

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
(Feel free to move if my judgment to post here proves incorrect)

Allow me to elucidate.

I've always seen objects 'breathing' since I was a kid: Scrapes from a plastered wall seem to spiral spiral, internet avatars move about, words calmly breathe. I'm not quite sure what factors may contribute to these symptoms, aside from my only trip with mushrooms a little less than two years ago, but I'm at a loss here. A friend suggested to me that sleep loss may have something to do with it, but these visuals occur even after being fully rested. Has or does anyone else experience this? Thoughts?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
..I do that thing where when you watch the side of the road and the car stops, the road still looks like it's moving forward. I see little dots raining down slowly like snow if I look up at the sky. On two seperate occasions my eye's swollen a bit from stress, causing a constant blotch in my vision like I looked at a light and it never went away.

Sometimes, I do think things are moving a bit until I focus my eyes and realize their playing tricks on me. I have never heard of this though ^_^ Interesting..

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've had vertigo before...which some of that sounds like and experienced the other but not sober...do you have anxiety?
i wonder if it could be part of that??

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
If I do indeed have Vertigo, objective vertigo describes me pretty well: the perception that your surroundings are moving. Yet I've never experienced the common symptoms associated with Vertigo.

Here's an object that upon first glance, I thought its radiant tendrils were moving and its face fluctuating:

l_0e58497acaa92895117e0d6278f2dd2f.jpg

raincrow007

MBTI Type
INTP
Here's an object that upon first glance, I thought its radiant tendrils were moving and its face fluctuating:

I'm curious -- do you like Op art, Noel? I would think that your particular "vertigo" symptoms might enhance the experience of viewing it. :D

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always see objects "breathing" after playing guitar hero.... It is a really strange sensation.. first time it happened I thought I was going crazy! Feels like i'm on acid or something... . I know it happens to a lot of people after playing that game, but I don't know what would cause it if you have it all the time.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm curious -- do you like Op art, Noel? I would think that your particular "vertigo" symptoms might enhance the experience of viewing it. :D

Magic-Eyes and Optical illusions certainly make my 'condition' seem more justifiable. :D I do enjoy seeing images within those arts 'play.' Play in the sense that the object exhibits volition. I'm merely a spectator watching it 'perform.'

I always see objects "breathing" after playing guitar hero.... It is a really strange sensation.. first time it happened I thought I was going crazy! Feels like i'm on acid or something... . I know it happens to a lot of people after playing that game, but I don't know what would cause it if you have it all the time.

Same here; I wish I knew as well.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I never told people this because I didn't want anyone to think that I lie for fun. This does not happen to me when I am normally functioning and about, it happens when I just sit down and look at something for a few seconds, all of a sudden the image infront of me starts to shift to the right or left and then it starts swirling in itself. I can blink, it goes away for a few seconds and then right back. It is not debilitating but makes me wonder what the hell is going on.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^(wow this guy is a total liar... he must think we're completely gullable.. swirling objects.... pfffttt....) :newwink:

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
I never told people this because I didn't want anyone to think that I lie for fun. This does not happen to me when I am normally functioning and about, it happens when I just sit down and look at something for a few seconds, all of a sudden the image infront of me starts to shift to the right or left and then it starts swirling in itself. I can blink, it goes away for a few seconds and then right back. It is not debilitating but makes me wonder what the hell is going on.

You've managed to encapsulate what I was trying to say. Good show.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...g- virus...that happens to me too...but it's not so often that i've figured out why.
might be due to anxiety or low blood sugar?? i don't know...

ygolo

My termites win
(Feel free to move if my judgment to post here proves incorrect)

Allow me to elucidate.

I've always seen objects 'breathing' since I was a kid: Scrapes from a plastered wall seem to spiral spiral, internet avatars move about, words calmly breathe. I'm not quite sure what factors may contribute to these symptoms, aside from my only trip with mushrooms a little less than two years ago, but I'm at a loss here. A friend suggested to me that sleep loss may have something to do with it, but these visuals occur even after being fully rested. Has or does anyone else experience this? Thoughts?

I've experienced the same visuals as you and have never taken illicit drugs. The spiral things is the most common, and is sometimes accompanied with a temporary bulge.

Other weird visuals include thinking peoples eyeballs have bulged out, seeing gates or fences wehre there aren't any, general diziness despite not being sick and not having spun around.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've experienced stuff like this, too. Usually if I'm staring, only for a few seconds. The grain in the door seems to be flowing up or down, or the floor looks as though it is pulsating. I've also seen shapes and faces in the wall patterns and such- sometimes I can pinpoint them just by looking over at them. They're always there. >.>;

The guitar hero thing happens to me every single time I play. Though, I think that is fairly common as my friend says it has happened to her as well. Your eyes have to readjust to things not moving or something like that...I assume, anyhow.
The picture of the sun had the same effect on me. I only looked at it for a few seconds before it looked as though the center [face] was 'breathing'. I wonder if part of it has to do with the sharp contrast of colors which creates an optical illusion? Not sure. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has these experiences, though. It isn't debilitating, but can get sort of creepy after a while.