• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your resting pulse-rate right now?

What's your resting pulse-rate (beats per minute)?

• Less than 50 (I'm an elite athlete)

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • 50-55

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • 56-60

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • 61-65

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • 66-70

• 71-75

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • 76-80

• 81-85

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Greater than 85 (I'm an INTP)

• Could detect no pulse - may be a zombie

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Out with it. The lowest recorded in a healthy individual is 28.

Mine is 64, which isn't hot but I'm a smoker...

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Mine is currently at 92, cuz I am handcrafting some Gifts while stressing myself out to find a good Gift-Idea for my Dad. :D

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
The poll needs fixing.

What if you're an INTP and an elite athlete?

V

violaine

I usually have a really high resting pulse rate somewhere in the range of 80(!!) :) I am fit though with no medical problems... just one of those weird things.

EDIT: I just checked, 64 that is unusually low for me.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I believe this is the thread you need to visit.

I don't think anyone has ever claimed I am any other type. When I'm in shape I've seen 42bpm based on measuring over twenty second period. High 40s low 50s is more normal.

I have to take issue with your claim of lowest as 28bpm. The only athlete I've heard of to hit 28 is Miguel Indurain. That was during the early to mid 90s when almost the entire professional peleton was on high dosages of EPO.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think anyone has ever claimed I am any other type.

I'd always found that INTPs are very astute at recognizing jokes.

I have to take issue with your claim of lowest as 28bpm. The only athlete I've heard of to hit 28 is Miguel Indurain. That was during the early to mid 90s when almost the entire professional peleton was on high dosages of EPO.

I didn't say it was my lowest recorded pulse.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
56... also a smoker... I'm pretty comfortable at the moment though (no- not THAT way!) so that may have something to do with it! :)

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
You may be dying.

Well, so far the trend has been to go down 7 bpm in... what, like 30 minutes? If the trend continues as a linear function of time, I'll be down to zero in about 227 minutes.

But then again, aren't we all dying?

Usehername

On a mission
I always have a high pulse rate considering my fitness level (I was at 68), but I also tend to not be allowed to donate blood because my blood pressure is always so low.

I've wondered if the two are connected but it's one of those things I'm too lazy to investigate thoroughly.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always have a high pulse rate considering my fitness level (I was at 68), but I also tend to not be allowed to donate blood because my blood pressure is always so low.

I've wondered if the two are connected but it's one of those things I'm too lazy to investigate thoroughly.

Usually, yeah. There's a relationship between blood volume/artery constriction/heart rate in there somehow; if your BP is too low then it usually means your arteries aren't constricted appropriately enough for the volume of blood in your body, so blood doesn't rush as far with each beat, thus you need more beats to take up the slack, or something like that. That's how I've understood it.
Could also be dehydration, too (causing low blood volume). Or most likely it's just genetics. You're pretty athletic, right? I'm guessing your cardiovascular system's well adapted to handling the intense workloads, so that would factor into everything.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm always in the 70's or 80's at minimum, maybe upper 60's on a really good day hours after exercising. I'm in moderate shape but my weight influences BP/heart rate heavily.