• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your resting pulse-rate right now?

What's your resting pulse-rate (beats per minute)?

• Less than 50 (I'm an elite athlete)

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • 50-55

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • 56-60

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • 61-65

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • 66-70

• 71-75

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • 76-80

• 81-85

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Greater than 85 (I'm an INTP)

• Could detect no pulse - may be a zombie

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Not everyone here can be an elite athlete, I highly doubt it. Elite athlete = you playing professionally or running marathons or anything of the such. The best time to get good BP and heart rate ratings are right after you wake up. You can take an average of readings over a week to get a good picture. An easy way to remember the Systolic/Diastolic is S for super (on top) and D for down, or you can just remember the latter.

@Darjur, just look at a watch for 15 seconds while counting how many beats you get at your wrist, then multiply by four or you can just count for the whole minute.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Mine tends to hover around 80-90bpm at rest, sometimes higher. It's independent of fitness level or weight. It's the same now as when I was a skinny teenager doing 20+ hours of hard exercise a week (not by choice).

Is this true? I am leaning towards it as well. I am 5'10, 140... no fat on my body, and I am in good shape, and mine right now is almost 75 and I haven't lifted a finger yet today, just woke up. I used to be on the water polo and swim team as a kid so I did a ton of exercise every week as well. That, and my metabolism has always been lightening fast. I could (and have) completely gorge myself to the point of being painfully full, multiple times in a short span, and actually lose weight without even trying.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Is this true? I am leaning towards it as well. I am 5'10, 140... no fat on my body, and I am in good shape, and mine right now is almost 75 and I haven't lifted a finger yet today, just woke up. I used to be on the water polo and swim team as a kid so I did a ton of exercise every week as well. That, and my metabolism has always been lightening fast. I could (and have) completely gorge myself to the point of being painfully full, multiple times in a short span, and actually lose weight without even trying.

As I said earlier, this is quite normal for anyone that is not a complete athlete. Body size is inversly proportional to heart rate as odd as it may sound.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
mines always high even when I was in my 20's. I don't smoke anymore. I do a lot of cardio mixed with weight training. Yesterday during cycle class it shot up to 187 so I slowed down.

Usehername

On a mission
That's quite normal for a pulse rate. Also the smaller your body size, the higher your heart rate is on average, so are you smaller than others? I don't mean this in an offensive way, just in a scientific curious way.

I'm taller than average for a female (5'7") but I weighed 116 lbs this morning. Normally I weigh 117. I suppose I am smaller than a lot of females, but I'm not tiny.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm taller than average for a female (5'7") but I weighed 116 lbs this morning. Normally I weigh 117. I suppose I am smaller than a lot of females, but I'm not tiny.

Wow, you need to lose five inches or gain 20lbs (just kidding).

On a side note, I can fluctuate over 3lbs in the course of one day, and we are not talking clothes here. :devil:

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
My pulse rate's pretty slow- blood pressure is EXTREMELY low to the point where sometimes when I walk, I semi-black out and am that close to fainting.

I think exercise really keeps it low for me. Plus, it's still low whenever I don't. I suppose everyone's body's different. Low is okay I guess!

T

ThatGirl

115, thats actually kind of low for me

Always had a high rate, I'm 5'7" and 125.

I may have miscalculated now its 99 I wonder if it is mind over matter. Can you control your heart rate with your brain?

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
115, thats actually kind of low for me

Always had a high rate, I'm 5'7" and 125.

I may have miscalculated now its 99 I wonder if it is mind over matter. Can you control your heart rate with your brain?

I am going to take a guess and say that your first measurement was not accurate. 115 is considered tachycardia aka really not good unless you just ran up 6 flights of stairs. Maybe you did some movement or something that jumpstarted your heart rate like standing up. Now if you get a consistent 100+ heart rate while resting, I really suggest you go give your doctor a visit.

A person can slow down their heart rate by taking deep consistent breaths and relaxing. You can drop it lower with meditation, but I don't know how to do that. I have only seen it done by someone.

T

ThatGirl

I really don't think it is all of that. Doctors have pointed it out to me and noted it everytime I go in, but I have a healthy low BP and work out. They never saw cause for concern. Some people just opperate differently. I usually run from 90 to 120.

If you are taking your pulse you can notice that it speeds up when you inhale and slows down when you exhale. Kind of trippy.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
My pulse rate's pretty slow- blood pressure is EXTREMELY low to the point where sometimes when I walk, I semi-black out and am that close to fainting.

I think exercise really keeps it low for me. Plus, it's still low whenever I don't. I suppose everyone's body's different. Low is okay I guess!
this happens to me a whole lot lol

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP

Yeah, I know that feeling very well. I've actually been told by the doctor to have MORE salt with meals...:D

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
69. I've been at rest for 2 hours, relaxed and playing around online with little physical activity beforehand. Even my blood is immature and giggles at numbers.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm doctor-mandated to track my bp and heart rate every day. My blood pressure hasn't too bad (normally I'm a lizard... lately it's been around the 110s over 70s. But my heart rate is befuddling my doctors. It's high. My resting rate has gone as low as 85, but it stays in the 90s most of the time, sometimes going up over 100, and when I exercise, my rate doesn't get higher but by a few points, like 103 to start, 105 to end. It goes "back down" to the 90s. I'm not in that bad a shape. It's possibly neurological (given the many troubles I have with neurological issues). Sometimes, when I exercise, my bp doesn't go up either.

Figure that one out.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
75bpm I am a little anxious, but just sitting around.