User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your resting pulse-rate (beats per minute)?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 50 (I'm an elite athlete)

4 5.97%
  • 50-55

7 10.45%
  • 56-60

11 16.42%
  • 61-65

11 16.42%
  • 66-70

7 10.45%
  • 71-75

6 8.96%
  • 76-80

7 10.45%
  • 81-85

2 2.99%
  • Greater than 85 (I'm an INTP)

8 11.94%
  • Could detect no pulse - may be a zombie

4 5.97%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That would be your diastolic pressure, which is the lower pressure. You know, how the heart beats and stuff.
    Well, in that case I haven't had my pulse-rate checked in all of my life.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Not everyone here can be an elite athlete, I highly doubt it. Elite athlete = you playing professionally or running marathons or anything of the such. The best time to get good BP and heart rate ratings are right after you wake up. You can take an average of readings over a week to get a good picture. An easy way to remember the Systolic/Diastolic is S for super (on top) and D for down, or you can just remember the latter.

@Darjur, just look at a watch for 15 seconds while counting how many beats you get at your wrist, then multiply by four or you can just count for the whole minute.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    Mine tends to hover around 80-90bpm at rest, sometimes higher. It's independent of fitness level or weight. It's the same now as when I was a skinny teenager doing 20+ hours of hard exercise a week (not by choice).
    Is this true? I am leaning towards it as well. I am 5'10, 140... no fat on my body, and I am in good shape, and mine right now is almost 75 and I haven't lifted a finger yet today, just woke up. I used to be on the water polo and swim team as a kid so I did a ton of exercise every week as well. That, and my metabolism has always been lightening fast. I could (and have) completely gorge myself to the point of being painfully full, multiple times in a short span, and actually lose weight without even trying.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Is this true? I am leaning towards it as well. I am 5'10, 140... no fat on my body, and I am in good shape, and mine right now is almost 75 and I haven't lifted a finger yet today, just woke up. I used to be on the water polo and swim team as a kid so I did a ton of exercise every week as well. That, and my metabolism has always been lightening fast. I could (and have) completely gorge myself to the point of being painfully full, multiple times in a short span, and actually lose weight without even trying.
    As I said earlier, this is quite normal for anyone that is not a complete athlete. Body size is inversly proportional to heart rate as odd as it may sound.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

mines always high even when I was in my 20's. I don't smoke anymore. I do a lot of cardio mixed with weight training. Yesterday during cycle class it shot up to 187 so I slowed down.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    That's quite normal for a pulse rate. Also the smaller your body size, the higher your heart rate is on average, so are you smaller than others? I don't mean this in an offensive way, just in a scientific curious way.
    I'm taller than average for a female (5'7") but I weighed 116 lbs this morning. Normally I weigh 117. I suppose I am smaller than a lot of females, but I'm not tiny.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I'm taller than average for a female (5'7") but I weighed 116 lbs this morning. Normally I weigh 117. I suppose I am smaller than a lot of females, but I'm not tiny.

Wow, you need to lose five inches or gain 20lbs (just kidding).

On a side note, I can fluctuate over 3lbs in the course of one day, and we are not talking clothes here.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

My pulse rate's pretty slow- blood pressure is EXTREMELY low to the point where sometimes when I walk, I semi-black out and am that close to fainting.

I think exercise really keeps it low for me. Plus, it's still low whenever I don't. I suppose everyone's body's different. Low is okay I guess!