User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I think you should keep stuffing yourself until you implode -- that's a great weight-loss strategy.

Seriously, though, there is no effective way of losing weight besides that "E" word. But I think people misinterpret exercise as having to have a jogging routine and so on. Some seem to think that exercise only works if you're conscious of doing it.

Just walk around, that's all I do. It's actually healthier than riding a bicycle, which can be bad for your prostate (for guys).
    h-core cyclists also apparently are mildly linked to erectile difficulties b/c they so frequently reduce the blood flow to their groin (b/c in road cycling you generally lean forward and are on a skinny, hard saddle (aka seat))
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

When I had a gym membership I found the elliptical trainer was a great way to burn off calories in bulk with the least issue. Except you have to make sure you can keep a straight posture with the machine you choose--the one I normally used was perfect, but I did try one they added later where I had to lean forward a bit and it made a painful train-wreck out of my lower back the next day.

Listening to music while using the elliptical was even better, as I found I could do the same amount of work with ~10-20 bpm lower heart rate. (strange how that works...)

Recently I've been in the market to purchase one for home, since I am doing all my exercise at home now. They are damn pricey though (the one I'm looking at is ~$1200+tax/etc)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    h-core cyclists also apparently are mildly linked to erectile difficulties b/c they so frequently reduce the blood flow to their groin (b/c in road cycling you generally lean forward and are on a skinny, hard saddle (aka seat))
    No joke. This is one of the reasons I decided not to purse a career in cycling, in spite of probably having the talent to do so.